PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a clue on Sunday's time??

gosox83
10-04-2005, 10:06 AM
I was only able to get game 5 tickets, which I realize will land on Sunday.(if necessary)

I am running the Chicago Marathon on Sunday, and don't have any clue what time the game will start?? Does anyone have any inkling??

Thanks in advance.

AND GO NON COLORED SOX!!!!!!

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Sunday's game will be at Noon.

Madvora
10-04-2005, 10:09 AM
I don't know about that. Everything is still to be determined. Depending on how many other teams need to play a game 5 would decide what time this game would be at.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/schedule/ps_05.jsp

steff
10-04-2005, 10:11 AM

H.. check your phone.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 10:12 AM
I don't know about that. Everything is still to be determined. Depending on how many other teams need to play a game 5 would decide what time this game would be at.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/schedule/ps_05.jsp

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/gameTrax?gameId=251004104

Sxy Mofo
10-04-2005, 10:18 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/gameTrax?gameId=251004104

Right during the bears game?

*sigh* That's why God invented sports bars with multiple TV's.

steff
10-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Right during the bears game?

*sigh* That's why God invented sports bars with multiple TV's.

Whoops... umm.. anyone want 2 Bears tickets.. maybe?

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 10:21 AM
H.. check your phone.

Steff,

I don't have a cell phone, so if you left a message, it's on my answering machine at home. I know what you said to me two years ago, "Gee Heather, well, get with the times." Ughhh...LOL.

Anyways, I'm going straight to the game from work, so PM me with your message if possible.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Whoops... umm.. anyone want 2 Bears tickets.. maybe?

Not to worry, Steff...The Bears will be in Cleveland, so you won't miss a game.

Sad
10-04-2005, 10:32 AM

not sure about that one... isn't the Marathon route through part of Bridgeport and past The Cell?
:?:
thought I heard that on the radio-
did they alter the route?

Law11
10-04-2005, 10:36 AM
not sure about that one... isn't the LaSalle Bank(?) Marathon Sunday & the route through part of Bridgeport and past The Cell?
would they alter the route?

That is a great point!
I have tickets to a game 5 as well.

Just have to see how the parking goes with these first two games.
I'm sure the folks here will let us know.

Get there early and catch some of the runners as we entice them with
some tailgating.. Maybe we will fill those little cups with beer and hand those out. :gulp:

steff
10-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Not to worry, Steff...The Bears will be in Cleveland, so you won't miss a game.

LMAO.. I am so out of it. :D:

boiler up
10-04-2005, 11:17 AM
the marathon usually goes right by the cell

SouthSide_HitMen
10-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Hear me know and believe me later.

If you notice at the mlb website:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/schedule/ps_05.jsp

None of the games have been scheduled yet. What MLB does is schedule the games for Saturday and Sunday based on how many games are left to be played. There could be up to four games played on each of the days. What MLB will do is schedule the games backwards with their most promising match up (assuming our series or the Yankees series) in primetime,their second best game before that and so on. There may be two games on at the same time on Saturday and Sunday if 4 games are played on both days.

On Saturday the first Fox game is scheduled for 3:00 and the second at 6:30 pm. A game is scheduled for 11:00 am on ESPN 2. The fourth is not formally on either schedule yet.

Bottom line is as the series unfold the first round weekend games are scheduled as late as Friday night for Saturday day games and Saturday evening for Sunday games based on how many series remain and what the TV people want to do.

You will not know the game time for either Saturday and or Sunday until the day before.

One Sunday one game is scheduled for ESPN at Noon and two games at 3:00 pm CDT on ESPN & ESPN 2. The Fox game is scheduled for 6:30 pm CDT. If there are less than four games they will cancel either one of the simultaneous ESPN games or the earliest ESPN game.

So bottom line is the White Sox will play either at 6:30 pm or 3:00 pm on Sunday.

No need to worry about the marathon unless you are really slow (i.e. - slower than I would run it :smile: ).

Tekijawa
10-04-2005, 11:31 AM
not sure about that one... isn't the Marathon route through part of Bridgeport and past The Cell?
thought I heard that on the radio-
did they alter the route?

yup... there's now way that they'd have it around that time... It's already going to be a cluster **** down there on that day... last thing they need is to mix the game in around that time!

ChicagoHoosier
10-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Bottom line is the Sox will wrap up the series in Boston, so there is no need to worry about it! :smile:

Chicken Dinner
10-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Bottom line is the Sox will wrap up the series in Boston, so there is no need to worry about it! :smile:

I agree, why do you think there will be a game on Sunday when this thing will be over on Sat.?