PDA

View Full Version : Cub fans giving you grief?

ChiSoxGirl
10-04-2005, 09:35 AM
I teach at a northwest suburban elementary school, where the only Sox fans are myself, one of the second grade teachers, and the two janitors. This morning as I was sitting in my classroom, I heard one of the sixth grade teachers walking through the halls chanting, "Let's Go Red Sox!" I heard this and instead of going after her, I decided to just let it go. I figured, "why bother? She's not worth it in the least."

What gets me about this whole thing though, is that back in May, my dad got 4 free Cub tickets and I GAVE them to her!!! And how does she thank me? Comes to school this morning blatantly rooting for the other team! The next time I have my hands on free Cub tickets, we're selling them!

Does anyone have any similar stories of Cub fans behaving like this today?

eriqjaffe
10-04-2005, 09:59 AM
What gets me about this whole thing though, is that back in May, my dad got 4 free Cub tickets and I GAVE them to her!!! And how does she thank me? Comes to school this morning blatantly rooting for the other team!So when will you present her with her past-due invoice for those tickets? ;)

Oh, and if you have the entire janitorial staff on your side, things could get very interesting, if you were the vengeful type.

Uncle_Patrick
10-04-2005, 10:07 AM
I teach at a northwest suburban elementary school, where the only Sox fans are myself, one of the second grade teachers, and the two janitors. This morning as I was sitting in my classroom, I heard one of the sixth grade teachers walking through the halls chanting, "Let's Go Red Sox!" I heard this and instead of going after her, I decided to just let it go. I figured, "why bother? She's not worth it in the least."

What gets me about this whole thing though, is that back in May, my dad got 4 free Cub tickets and I GAVE them to her!!! And how does she thank me? Comes to school this morning blatantly rooting for the other team! The next time I have my hands on free Cub tickets, we're selling them!

I thought it was only those bitter and jealous White Sox fans that would root against the home town team.

I went to a friend's family party on Saturday wearing a White Sox shirt and got quite a bit of grief from the Cubs fans there (my friend, thankfully, has seen the light over the past few years, got tired of the Lovable losing that happens on the Northside and roots for the Sox now). But, anyway, they were drunk, so I didn't bother arguing with them. One guy did admit, though, "If I want to watch a baseball game, I go to a Sox game. I go to Wrigley for an event."

robertks61
10-04-2005, 10:20 AM
I haven't heard too much at work and there were several Tribune Company team supporters on yesterdays shift. It was nice to hear them quiet. When I do hear something I bring up what happened when the north side fans started rooting for Cleveland.

One guy at work mentioned he's a die hard Tribune Company supporter. I used the Hanger method and asked him who played third base for them this year, got the deer in the headlight look. Then I asked him to name 5 players. I gave him a few hints (Sosa, Wood's etc.). He did know a lot of the names on the 1969 team though so I gave him a bit of credit.

SOXPHILE
10-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Fortunately, I don't have to deal with too many Cub fans. There is one salesman here at work, but he's pretty reasonable, and wants ANY Chicago team to do well. Otherwise, most Cub fans pretty much steer clear of me and don't really say anything. I'm a pretty mean vicious person when it comes to these blue and red amoebas, and any thing they might say to me is quickly and easily swatted away by 5-10 FACTS shot back at them. They suck. Who cares about them anyway. Let them lie in a pool of their own tears and vomit on Clark and Addison.

DaleJRFan
10-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Every time one of "them" slithers their forked tongue towards me with their "Go Red Sox" bull****, I remind them as to how terrible the cubs are. I've been getting it from all sides, all week. It feels so good to listen to anti-Sox crap from them, knowing they have NO ground to stand on.

GO Sox!

MeteorsSox4367
10-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Last Saturday night at a coworker's backyard shindig, a friend of his who hates the Sox and roots for the Flubs, asked me sarcastically if the Cell would be sold out for the playoffs. I asked him how finishing in the middle of the NL Central felt and topped it off by asking him how many sellouts his team will have this October.

End of conversation. Grab some bench!

Go Sox!! This Is Our Year!!

garwilly
10-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Here is a picture from Wrigley...

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=25600

MsSoxVixen22
10-04-2005, 11:04 AM

I hear you ChiSoxGirl! I was just gonna start a thread on this. At my work, the owners(the father and his 4 sons are all Cub fans as are the rest of the people that work here) All us Sox fans are getting major heat. When Cleve was winning, they were making "Indian" noises and saying the Sox were gonna choke. When we swept Cleve they didn't say a word. One of the owners sons is wearing red sox. WHAT A LOSER! Another of the owners sons, is going to the Sox game tomorrow. They all claim to be die hard Cub fans but they are really fence sitters. All they do is bash the Sox. They were all quick to say the Sox aren't gonna do n e thing but they're gonna go to a playoff game?! :angry: My thing is, if these fence sitters are gonna root for us, then you get on the bandwagon all the way, if not stay the **** off! I agree with Dan McNeil on this one, he was talking about this not too long ago. We don't want you guys in our park! (regarding fence sitters) Sorry guys, I'm mad about this and I've kept it bottled up for a long time :angry: :(:

TornLabrum
10-04-2005, 11:05 AM
If anyone gives me static, my standard reply will be, "It's lonely at the top."

PaleHoseGeorge
10-04-2005, 11:06 AM

Do not worry about Cubs fans, especially after the season we've had and the season they've had.

In the battle of wits, these people are unarmed. Show mercy only on those that surrender themselves and beg forgiveness.
:cool:

elrod
10-04-2005, 11:11 AM
All the Cub fans on my block in Evanston are rooting for the White Sox. My next door neighbor is a partial season-ticket holder for the Cubs and is actually nervous about the game today. She's said numerous times, "God, I hope the White Sox win." I haven't actually encountered any anti-White Sox fans yet, but I'm sure that actual Red Sox fans will demur (there are a bunch here - not Red Cub fans, real Red Sox fans from New England).

Dick Allen
10-04-2005, 11:33 AM

Does anyone have any similar stories of Cub fans behaving like this today?You're a better person than I am. I would have decked her - in front of her class.

TDog
10-04-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm sure those Sox fans who bet with Cubs fans on the win difference -- $1 a game, $5 a game, $10 a game, whatever -- have an edge when faced with such crap. Not that I would ever bet on sports, seriously, but anyone who had preseason odds on Viz gaining twice as many wins as Kerry Wood might even own some Cubs fan's season tickets for next year.

I ignore the garbage from the Cubs fans I work with, three time zones west of Chicago. My supervisor, one cubicle away, and a little weasel in an adjacent cubicle are Cubs fans. Yesterday they were talking about a column calling Ozzie Guillen classless for taunting the Indians' mascot with the choke sign. I can handle it.

What bothers me, though, is the double standard. The media gets behind the Cubs because they're winning or appear to be winning. Can't get behind the Sox because they're underachieving. Now the Cubs are underachieving, but the media is still behind the Cubs.

In 2003, national reports from Chicago portrayed the "entire city" gripped in Cubs fever. Maybe some local reports blasted a few bitter Sox fans for rooting against them. I will admit to genuine glee at those last two Florida wins, not because I'm bitter and jealous, but because I have had to take so much crap from Cubs fans in my life. It was fun to see them suffer. Even the heavens seemed to celebrate. After the Bartman inning and for two big nights, there were incredible northern lights displays visible in Alaska's capital. But I didn't say a word to the Cubs fans I work with.

This year, national reports from Chicago, no doubt, will give significant attention to the Chicagoans who want the Sox to lose. And those negative fans will come out looking like the good guys.

ChiSoxGirl
10-04-2005, 11:42 AM
You're a better person than I am. I would have decked her - in front of her class.

:roflmao:

Believe me- it has been VERY difficult to just sit passively back and revel in the playoffs and NOT rub it in the face of Cub fans, especially when I have Cub fans acting immaturely (as if that's any different from any other day!) and just trying to provoke me. I'm just being the better person. :smile:

MsSoxVixen22
10-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Someone I work with just sent me a picture of a BoSux pillow. :angry: Anybody have anything I could send back to him? Like a pic of a Cubs crying towel or some great Sox pic? I'd appreciate it! I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE SOX WIN TODAY!

eriqjaffe
10-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Someone I work with just sent me a picture of a BoSux pillow. :angry: Anybody have anything I could send back to him? Like a pic of a Cubs crying towel or some great Sox pic? I'd appreciate it! I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE SOX WIN TODAY!Why not just send him a link to the MLB standings?

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/standings/index.jsp

Tell him to enjoy the view of Milwaukee's a**.

DaveIsHere
10-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Someone I work with just sent me a picture of a BoSux pillow. :angry: Anybody have anything I could send back to him? Like a pic of a Cubs crying towel or some great Sox pic? I'd appreciate it! I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE SOX WIN TODAY!

Sent you a PM I have all kinds of good Pics...hehe

Hitmen77
10-04-2005, 12:37 PM

Wow - talk about setting a good example of civility and sportsmanship for the kids in your school! I think a teacher should be ashamed of themselves for pulling a stupid stunt like that in front of children.

I really haven't heard it from Cub fans - the ones I know are laying low. Really, they have nothing to crow about at this point. After their team's historic choke in '03, failing to make the playoffs in '04 after being "pre-ordained" pennant winners, and now this year's $100 million 4th place team. They can't say anything at this point without sounding like total "A" wholes.

ChiSoxGirl
10-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Wow - talk about setting a good example of civility and sportsmanship for the kids in your school! I think a teacher should be ashamed of themselves for pulling a stupid stunt like that in front of children.

No kidding!!!! This is a 30 year old woman who was pulling that this morning and I'm sure that as I had to lunch in a few minutes, she'll continue her berating of me for being a White Sox fan. The more she does it, the more amped up I'll become and will probably blow a gaskit before lunch is over! All I have to remember and remind her of is where her beloved Cubs are right now and why Shrineville is currently empty, while Bridgeport will be rockin' for awhile!

Hitmen77
10-04-2005, 01:44 PM
No kidding!!!! This is a 30 year old woman who was pulling that this morning and I'm sure that as I had to lunch in a few minutes, she'll continue her berating of me for being a White Sox fan. The more she does it, the more amped up I'll become and will probably blow a gaskit before lunch is over! All I have to remember and remind her of is where her beloved Cubs are right now and why Shrineville is currently empty, while Bridgeport will be rockin' for awhile!

By the way, I grew up in Des Plaines. I hated that it was 99% Cub fans. Now I'm in Naperville. It's still majority Cub fans here, but not even close to what it was in Des Plaines and I see plenty of Sox fans out here.

Back in Des Plaines, there was definitely a mind set that we were on the North Side and that the Sox were an away team and any Sox fan was not rooting for our team. Out here, at least the Flub fans can't claim that this is part of the north side.

A_ROW33
10-04-2005, 02:06 PM
By the way, I grew up in Des Plaines. I hated that it was 99% Cub fans. Now I'm in Naperville. It's still majority Cub fans here, but not even close to what it was in Des Plaines and I see plenty of Sox fans out here.

Back in Des Plaines, there was definitely a mind set that we were on the North Side and that the Sox were an away team and any Sox fan was not rooting for our team. Out here, at least the Flub fans can't claim that this is part of the north side.

The guy who sits next to me in my US history class actually did try to claim that Naperville is part of the North Side. The next day in class I brought him a map with longitudinal lines showing that naperville is actually south of US cellular field!
This same guy kept saying choke choke choke last week and now comes in with a red sox cap yesterday, he asked me how I liked his new hat I just told him he should have kept the tag on because then he could exchange it for the Angels cap he'll need next week.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Well, the school I teach at is relatively all pro-Sox (teach on the south west side of the city by Midway Airport). But, this one Cubs fan that I had in one of my classes last year came to my room today just to tell me that the Sox are gonna blow it and get swept. This kid belonged in the lunchroom, which is downstairs and on the other side of the building from my classroom. I threatened to write him up and call his mother, and he left.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Well, the school I teach at is relatively all pro-Sox (teach on the south west side of the city by Midway Airport). But, this one Cubs fan that I had in one of my classes last year came to my room today just to tell me that the Sox are gonna blow it and get swept. This kid belonged in the lunchroom, which is downstairs and on the other side of the building from my classroom. I threatened to write him up and call his mother, and he left.

Good for you. Now find out where he parks his bicycle and let all the air out of his tires.

:wink:

Hitmen77
10-04-2005, 04:03 PM
The guy who sits next to me in my US history class actually did try to claim that Naperville is part of the North Side. The next day in class I brought him a map with longitudinal lines showing that naperville is actually south of US cellular field!

Ha! Typical Cub fan ignorance. Didn't he ever notice that 75th Street runs through Naperville? In fact the city runs south all the way to something like 119th street.

JorgeFabregas
10-04-2005, 07:53 PM
I was arguing with my logic professor as to whether a given set of premises of conclusions was valid and the professor was failing to come up with a counter-example to prove his point. Some doofus Cubs/Red Sox fan tried desperately to form an example using Red Sox and White Sox players. He failed miserably. He said "It doesn't make any sense that the White Sox are winning all these games!" It's a mystery for Cubs fans and that's great. Later he and his friend were congratulating themselves about how the Red Sox were going to "light up Contreras." I kept my mouth shut. Should be an interesting Thursday (the next time that class is in session).

mantis1212
10-04-2005, 08:11 PM

One poster said "OK, they can tear down Wrigley now". That make me chuckle.

Whitesox029
10-04-2005, 10:45 PM
You're probably going to think I went too far, but I actually made a couple of these and handed them out to the 2 or 3 Cubs fans who bothered me most during the month of September:

What: 4th place party! 2005 Cubs!
Where:
Heartbreak Hotel
1908 Fantasy Ln.
Losersville, IL
When: Tuesday, October 4, 3 p.m.
Who: Cub fans only! We will all be watching the White Sox game and rooting for them because we are "Chicago fans," as we promised all the White Sox fans back in '03.
P.S. Don't eat before you come! Crow will be served!

Feel free to change the date, copy, paste, print, and leave on your favorite Cub fan's desk.

Ol' No. 2
10-04-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm pretty sure all your Cubs fans acquaintances are going to become much more quiet as the days go by.:smile:

TheDarkGundam
10-04-2005, 11:15 PM
This was in my math class on monday, when I was wearing my new division champs shirt.
Cub fan: "I HATE you because of that shirt."
Me: "I knew you would, that's why I bought it.":D:
Cub fan: "You know the sox are just gonna swept by Boston don't you?"
Me: "Oh, you mean like how they got swept by cleveland this weekend?"
Cub fan, obviously shot down: "yeah...exactly like that":whiner:

I've got some gloating to do tomorrow!:cool:

Ol' No. 2
10-04-2005, 11:16 PM
This was in my math class on monday, when I was wearing my new division champs shirt.
Cub fan: "I HATE you because of that shirt."
Me: "I knew you would, that's why I bought it.":D:
Cub fan: "You know the sox are just gonna swept by Boston don't you?"
Me: "Oh, you mean like how they got swept by cleveland this weekend?"
Cub fan, obviously shot down: "yeah...exactly like that":whiner:

I've got some gloating to do tomorrow!:cool:Take the high road. It drives them nuts.:tongue:

DumpJerry
10-04-2005, 11:36 PM
They give me grief for the two runs we gave up to the Red Sox in game 1.:rolleyes:

soxjim
10-04-2005, 11:39 PM
When I left work Monday, 2 cub fans told me to have a terrible time at the game. Well we did not we had a blast. Thats medicine enough for cub fans. Also tomorrow, in my center we will be watching game highlights and the 2005 drive that was on Comcast.

doublem23
10-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Most of the Cub fans 'round here are keeping their damn traps shut, but there's this one bitch at work who wouldn't shut up about the god damn Cubs and now how much she's always loved the Red Sox (even though she couldn't name one player in Red Sox history besides Ortiz, Ramirez, Pedro, and Curt Schilling), so basically after putting up with her crap for a few hours I tore into her. To the point I nearly had her in tears. Man, that felt good. She then asked if I wanted to wager anything on the series and I said if the White Sox won, I wanted her to jump in front of a truck.

Anyone who uttered any crap really got shut up by those two touchdowns today. :cool:

Hitmen77
10-05-2005, 09:39 AM
You're probably going to think I went too far, but I actually made a couple of these and handed them out to the 2 or 3 Cubs fans who bothered me most during the month of September:

What: 4th place party! 2005 Cubs!
Where:
Heartbreak Hotel
1908 Fantasy Ln.
Losersville, IL
When: Tuesday, October 4, 3 p.m.
Who: Cub fans only! We will all be watching the White Sox game and rooting for them because we are "Chicago fans," as we promised all the White Sox fans back in '03.
P.S. Don't eat before you come! Crow will be served!

Feel free to change the date, copy, paste, print, and leave on your favorite Cub fan's desk.

:kneeslap: That's great! Don't forget that they'll be celebrating their "attendance championship" too!

tebman
10-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Do not worry about Cubs fans, especially after the season we've had and the season they've had.

In the battle of wits, these people are unarmed. Show mercy only on those that surrender themselves and beg forgiveness.
:cool:
They'll be all right. They've got the Tribune to comfort and protect them.

Pasqua's Posers
10-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Most of the Cub fans 'round here are keeping their damn traps shut, but there's this one bitch at work who wouldn't shut up about the god damn Cubs and now how much she's always loved the Red Sox (even though she couldn't name one player in Red Sox history besides Ortiz, Ramirez, Pedro, and Curt Schilling), so basically after putting up with her crap for a few hours I tore into her. To the point I nearly had her in tears. Man, that felt good. She then asked if I wanted to wager anything on the series and I said if the White Sox won, I wanted her to jump in front of a truck.

Anyone who uttered any crap really got shut up by those two touchdowns today. :cool:

(I ADDED THE BOLD)

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! :rolling:

chisoxfan64
10-05-2005, 11:23 AM
My Cub fan friends are keeping pretty quiet, they have paid up on the season bets we had and they seem to think the Sox are gonna get to the series. They don`t want it to happen but they are laying low right now.:cool:

spiffie
10-05-2005, 11:48 AM
I have to say, the Cub fans at my workplace have by and large been very complimentary towards the Sox and been expressing their hopes that they do well in the playoffs. There haven't been any folks here who have been acting nasty or rooting for the Red Sox to win. I think that may be because there really are not many "casual" White Sox fans, but there's a whole lot of folks who, while they may be "fans" of the Cubs, they don't have any real deep allegiance to them, and thus they don't have the sort of loathing of the other side of town's team that Sox fans often do. Lots of people have been giving me the "I just want Chicago to finally win one" line, and for the most part I think they mean it.

oeo
10-05-2005, 12:03 PM

If they put that there, why not just say, "Cubs clinch 100 year drought!"

:rolling:

Imagine if they had a patch on their jerseys that year celebrating their World Series victory from 100 years ago.

DaleJRFan
10-05-2005, 12:53 PM
What ever happened to that "Application to convert to a Cardinals Fan"

I need to send that out to my Flubfan friends.... :redneck

eriqjaffe
10-05-2005, 01:55 PM
People have been pretty nice to me about the Sox this year.

Of course, that may be due to the fact that I have administrator privileges on all of their computers.

SOXBOY
10-05-2005, 03:59 PM
I was walking in the mall the other day, and this girl that was passing out samples saw my Sox tishirt and stated "alright go Sox.",but there was a guy with her and all he could say was "Cubs all day long." I was going to stated the fact the Sox were in the platoffs and Cubs were not but how can i make my point with a guy who said "Cubs all day long".

eriqjaffe
10-05-2005, 04:04 PM
I was walking in the mall the other day, and this girl that was passing out samples saw my Sox tishirt and stated "alright go Sox.",but there was a guy with her and all he could say was "Cubs all day long." I was going to stated the fact the Sox were in the platoffs and Cubs were not but how can i make my point with a guy who said "Cubs all day long".Maybe he has Tourette's or something.

PatK
10-05-2005, 04:20 PM
I haven't said much to the Flub fans I know, but they sure didn't mind telling me in the last two weeks that 1) The Sox weren't going to be in the playoffs unless they could get the Wild Card 2) Even if they did, they'd get swept in the first round.

What's even funnier is my one neighbor is about 20 and a die hard, delusional Cubs fan. He said how the Sox suck, how they were lucky to get in the playoffs, etc. Typical Flub fan BS.

He was out on his front porch when I got home and as soon as he saw me (this was about 5 min after the game ended), he ran into his house and peered out between the curtains until it was safe for him to come out. I was ducking behind my car, and he didn't see that, so I popped up and said "Hey, ya catch the score?". To which, he muddled some obscenity and ran back inside.

Hitmen77
10-05-2005, 05:00 PM
I haven't said much to the Flub fans I know, but they sure didn't mind telling me in the last two weeks that 1) The Sox weren't going to be in the playoffs unless they could get the Wild Card 2) Even if they did, they'd get swept in the first round.

What's even funnier is my one neighbor is about 20 and a die hard, delusional Cubs fan. He said how the Sox suck, how they were lucky to get in the playoffs, etc. Typical Flub fan BS.

He was out on his front porch when I got home and as soon as he saw me (this was about 5 min after the game ended), he ran into his house and peered out between the curtains until it was safe for him to come out. I was ducking behind my car, and he didn't see that, so I popped up and said "Hey, ya catch the score?". To which, he muddled some obscenity and ran back inside.

Oh, I didn't know you lived next to this guy:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-05/17647830.jpg

SOXPHILE
10-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Oh, I didn't know you lived next to this guy:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-05/17647830.jpg

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ! I love it when our hero makes another appearance. Don't worry Wrigleyville Frat Boy, we're not laughing with you, we're laughing AT you.

Flight #24
10-05-2005, 05:35 PM
The marquee should say: "We apologize for stealing your money the last 96 years. We'll try to put a better product on the field next year."

http://www.synergizedsolutions.com/simpsons/pictures/homer/homerpoint.gif
"It's funny coz it's true!"

likeawarlord
10-05-2005, 06:41 PM
I teach at a northwest suburban elementary school, where the only Sox fans are myself, one of the second grade teachers, and the two janitors.

please tell me you teach at central elementary school in des plaines, thats the best elementary school ever.

ChiSoxGirl
10-05-2005, 11:59 PM
please tell me you teach at central elementary school in des plaines, thats the best elementary school ever.

I don't. I'm at a Catholic school in Niles.

ChiSoxGirl
10-06-2005, 09:25 AM

So here's what that same teacher had to say to me this morning, upon seeing me in my Sox Division Championship shirt and the biggest smile on my face after being at last night's game: "As far as I'm concerned, baseball season is over. It's all about the Bears now." What a Cub fan! :rolleyes:

jdm2662
10-06-2005, 09:30 AM
So here's what that same teacher had to say to me this morning, upon seeing me in my Sox Division Championship shirt and the biggest smile on my face after being at last night's game: "As far as I'm concerned, baseball season is over. It's all about the Bears now." What a Cub fan! :rolleyes:

She's just jealous. It's her loss she's not a White Sox fan. Such low forms of life don't deserve your time.

Hitmen77
10-06-2005, 09:32 AM
This morning as I was sitting in my classroom, I heard one of the sixth grade teachers walking through the halls chanting, "Let's Go Red Sox!"

So here's what that same teacher had to say to me this morning, upon seeing me in my Sox Division Championship shirt and the biggest smile on my face after being at last night's game: "As far as I'm concerned, baseball season is over. It's all about the Bears now." What a Cub fan!

I'm at a Catholic school in Niles.

I'm glad that your colleague sets such a good Christian example for the children by exhibiting spitefulness and jealousy.

Then again, Cub fans always say that God is a Cubs fan, so I guess maybe your friend really thinks she is following the "WWJD" philosophy.

SOXPHILE
10-06-2005, 10:50 AM
I don't. I'm at a Catholic school in Niles.

St. John's ???? That was my grandparents church, and my mom and dad got married there.

ChiSoxGirl
10-06-2005, 10:59 AM
St. John's ???? That was my grandparents church, and my mom and dad got married there.

You are correct!

miker
10-06-2005, 12:44 PM
At last night's dinner, unable to criticize a team that has taken a 2-0 lead against the reigning World Champions. the resident Cub fans have begun with their stereotypical rants against Sox fans.

It's going to be a long month, but it will be worth it.:D:

Dick Allen
10-06-2005, 12:51 PM
So here's what that same teacher had to say to me this morning, upon seeing me in my Sox Division Championship shirt and the biggest smile on my face after being at last night's game: "As far as I'm concerned, baseball season is over. It's all about the Bears now." What a Cub fan! :rolleyes:Tell her "No, Loser season is over".:redneck

soxjim
10-06-2005, 09:25 PM
My wife and I had two episodes today. One my wife was drying clothes at the laundrymat and when they were done she found someone had thrown a cub blue marker in the dryer. Her Rowand Jersey she wore to game 1 of The ALDS is ruined. Mine encounter was with the nurse at work. She was so upset that I wore a SOX shirt again she told the administrator who is also a cub fan. They both came to my building shook their heads and left.

gaelhound
10-06-2005, 10:30 PM
This same guy kept saying choke choke choke last week and now comes in with a red sox cap yesterday, he asked me how I liked his new hat I just told him he should have kept the tag on because then he could exchange it for the Angels cap he'll need next week.
Outstanding comeback, I hope I can borrow that "Tag" line somedayhttp://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/agree.gif

gaelhound
10-06-2005, 10:35 PM

Strong work my man, strong work.http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/agree.gif

JorgeFabregas
10-07-2005, 06:40 AM
I was arguing with my logic professor as to whether a given set of premises of conclusions was valid and the professor was failing to come up with a counter-example to prove his point. Some doofus Cubs/Red Sox fan tried desperately to form an example using Red Sox and White Sox players. He failed miserably. He said "It doesn't make any sense that the White Sox are winning all these games!" It's a mystery for Cubs fans and that's great. Later he and his friend were congratulating themselves about how the Red Sox were going to "light up Contreras." I kept my mouth shut. Should be an interesting Thursday (the next time that class is in session).

This guy was conspicuously absent from yesterday's class. Guess he's still trying to wrap his head around the White Sox winning games.

TDog
10-07-2005, 12:08 PM

So he fits into the stereotype of the Cubs fan who doesn't care about baseball.

ChiSoxGirl
10-07-2005, 12:09 PM
So he fits into the stereotype of the Cubs fan who doesn't care about baseball.

It's a she, and yes, she fits into that stereotype! :rolleyes:

MsSoxVixen22
10-07-2005, 02:10 PM
My boss let me wear my Sox sweatshirt to work today :bandance: but there are other people working here that are wearing BoSux hats. :angry: What a bunch of losers. My Dad has a Sox banner hanging in his office and everyone is giving him grief for that too! I know there's alot of you that put up with crap from Flubs fans, how do you handle it? Should I get mad at them? Or just :smile: and let it fly? I'm just curious how the rest of you handle this. :redface: It's such a shame we have to put up with this

Ol' No. 2
10-07-2005, 02:13 PM
My boss let me wear my Sox sweatshirt to work today :bandance: but there are other people working here that are wearing BoSux hats. :angry: What a bunch of losers. My Dad has a Sox banner hanging in his office and everyone is giving him grief for that too! I know there's alot of you that put up with crap from Flubs fans, how do you handle it? Should I get mad at them? Or just :smile: and let it fly? I'm just curious how the rest of you handle this. :redface: It's such a shame we have to put up with thisI'm savoring every minute.:smile:

maurice
10-07-2005, 02:14 PM
I know there's alot of you that put up with crap from Flubs fans, how do you handle it? Should I get mad at them?

No, you shouldn't get mad. It's like a baby throwing up on themselves. Why get mad? It's not their fault. They're just too young, stupid, and/or inexperienced to know any better. Besides, they probably want you to get mad.

The best way of handling idiot cub fans is to destroy them with the Sox fans' famed superior knowledge and rhetorical ability. That way, they're the ones who get mad, and you get to enjoy the playoffs.

MsSoxVixen22
10-07-2005, 03:01 PM
No, you shouldn't get mad. It's like a baby throwing up on themselves. Why get mad? It's not their fault. They're just too young, stupid, and/or inexperienced to know any better. Besides, they probably want you to get mad.

The best way of handling idiot cub fans is to destroy them with the Sox fans' famed superior knowledge and rhetorical ability. That way, they're the ones who get mad, and you get to enjoy the playoffs.

Thanks, I feel better now! :tongue:

DaleJRFan
10-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Was this woman banned from WSI???? :cool:

http://www.lucidnoir.com/pictures/suntimes_attendance.jpg

rightsox
10-07-2005, 03:49 PM
In the summer, I generally wear my Sox cap every day. For the first month or two, I don't hear anything, but every year like clockwork, once the Cubs fall about 8 games below the Cards, I start getting crap about it.

I went into a bakery (on the south side, no less!) this year to get a cup of coffee, and the guy behind the counter starts giving it to me about my hat. I politely reminded him that the Sox we 30 games over 500, and his team was 6 or 7 below, and sinking like a rock. Then the other freaking customers start giving me crap about attendance because that's the only possible thing they can think of.

The "name five current cubs" or, "what's the cubs starting rotation right now" questions always seems to shut them up when they start in with the blue seats business.

ChiSoxGirl
10-07-2005, 03:55 PM
In the summer, I generally wear my Sox cap every day. For the first month or two, I don't hear anything, but every year like clockwork, once the Cubs fall about 8 games below the Cards, I start getting crap about it.

I went into a bakery (on the south side, no less!) this year to get a cup of coffee, and the guy behind the counter starts giving it to me about my hat. I politely reminded him that the Sox we 30 games over 500, and his team was 6 or 7 below, and sinking like a rock. Then the other freaking customers start giving me crap about attendance because that's the only possible thing they can think of.

The "name five current cubs" or, "what's the cubs starting rotation right now" questions always seems to shut them up when they start in with the blue seats business.

:welcome: - you'll love it here! :smile:

Next season, they can't give you the "blue seats" business because they'll all be green, won't they? :wink: The many Cub fans that I work with are always ripping on me about the unoccupied seats at Comiskey and I always tell them it's not my fault because I was at 19 games this season and most of my Sox fan friends are season ticket holders! Don't Cub fans suck?!

Hangar18
10-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Was this woman banned from WSI???? :cool:

http://www.lucidnoir.com/pictures/suntimes_attendance.jpg

heh heh, I think your about to be banned for posting a picture that talks about "A" :o:

Ol' No. 2
10-07-2005, 08:14 PM
heh heh, I think your about to be banned for posting a picture that talks about "A" :o:If you haven't figured it out, that sign is NOT about attendance.

RadioheadRocks
10-07-2005, 10:10 PM

Hmmmmmm... sounds like an idea for a new TV series: "CUB FANS BEHAVING BADLY!!!" :D:

RadioheadRocks
10-07-2005, 10:14 PM

Here's something else you can send them... it's a scream!!!

http://www.cubssuckclub.com/index.php?option=com_rsgallery&catid=1

The Critic
10-08-2005, 09:30 AM
The good baseball fans I know who happen to like the Cubs are being very cool about the Sox right now. They understand and appreciate good team baseball, probably because they haven't seen any for so long. :D:

The trolls at my work are being very quiet right now, except for the occasional "we got closer in 2003 than you are now" bizarre comment. I'm sure that's going to be the fallback remark should the Sox lose the ALCS in less than 7 games.
"My failure's better than YOUR failure"......sheesh......:rolleyes:

SOXSINCE'70
10-08-2005, 09:42 AM

As I told you last night at Shoeless Joe's,my sister married into a sCrUBS
loving family.Sadly,she and my 3 nieces have been brainwashed.I know
that in the next few weeks,i'll hear all the "remember the 2003 NLCS"
stories.To which i'll reply,"If the White Sox are 6 outs away from going
to the World Series,at least Ozzie Guillen will go the bullpen!":angry:

JimEdmonds15
10-08-2005, 01:17 PM
What ever happened to that "Application to convert to a Cardinals Fan"

I need to send that out to my Flubfan friends.... :redneck

Ya want this?

http://www.cubssuckclub.com/content/view/14/28/

:redneck

Eric Bartman, today's top dope
10-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Anyone catch Moronotti's article on the sweep? Saying the Sox should give up their angst towards Flubs fans. NEVER! :tongue:

SOXSINCE'70
10-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Anyone catch Moronotti's article on the sweep? Saying the Sox should give up their angst towards Flubs fans. NEVER! :tongue:

You're new here,Eric.Here's what most fans think of this media maggott:

:windsock:

Whichever way the wind blows,rest assured that's the direction he's going.
If the White Sox had lost a game in this series,it would have been
"Here Comes The Choke".Wait till they lose a playoff game.
That's when we'll be reminded of the '84 and 2003 sCrUBS.:angry:
That's the way the Scum Times and Cub-Une are.There has been a
media bias in this city for the last 21 years against the Sox.Some of it
is their fault,some of it isn't.That,sadly,is the face of journalism today.
Praise be the sports team that does well,but God help them if
they lose a crucial game.It's the same way in cities like Noo Yawk,
Bah-ston and Philadelphia.:(: