PDA

View Full Version : Wear SOX Clothing .......this entire week

Hangar18
10-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Consider this a call to arms ........

LuvSox
10-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Just sent my daughter to school in her Sox outfit.

halfpricemonday
10-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Best part of being a graduate student: wearing my Sox cap to work everyday since Spring Training.

Another great part of being a graduate student in a cub town: continuing to wear said Sox cap and seeing the cub hats get scarcer and scarcer.

jackbrohamer
10-04-2005, 09:00 AM
I can't, because every time I wear Sox gear to a Sox game they lose. Not that I'm superstitious or anything.....

MsSoxVixen22
10-04-2005, 09:04 AM
They have a thing at my work called "dressing professional" :rolleyes: But I am planning to wear my sox sweatshirt on casual friday....or if its too hot a sox tshirt under a jacket. I wear my Sox wristband everday though. Stupid office job!

ChiSoxGirl
10-04-2005, 09:07 AM
I'm doing what I can today while at work, as we always have to dress up- an "I (heart) Sox" pin on my shirt, and not just my normal one, but TWO Sox Pride wristbands! Thursday & Friday we don't have to dress up for work (!), so I'm wearing my Division Championship locker room shirt on Thursday and probably my Konerko jersey on Friday!

GoGoSox05
10-04-2005, 09:11 AM
I'm doing my best this week since we wear uniforms at school. Today I'm wearing a Sox shirt underneath my uniform shirt, white knee socks, a White Sox sweatband on my arm, a Sox pride wristband, and a White Sox necklace. I'm also wearing a "rape boston" pin on my jumper....as you can guess in Columbus, OH i'm not too popular today...

Law11
10-04-2005, 09:13 AM
They have a thing at my work called "dressing professional" :rolleyes: But I am planning to wear my sox sweatshirt on casual friday....or if its too hot a sox tshirt under a jacket. I wear my Sox wristband everday though. Stupid office job!

Get yourself A Sox Polo/golf shirt. I have one in white and 1 in Black.
I also have a collared white long sleeve shirt withthe Sox logo stitched in.

Even us office joe's have options...

chaotic8512
10-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Like it was mentioned before, being in college certainly has its advantages in a situation like this. I've worn my hat every day since the start of the season, and I'll be going out in a White Sox shirt today as well. It's amazing how many Red Cub fans there are over here... surely the occurrence of the casual fan isn't that tragically common here, right?

GO SOX!!!!

Rocky Soprano
10-04-2005, 09:40 AM
I am wearing my 05 Division Shirt under my polo. :D:

batmanZoSo
10-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Since it's so freakin' hot I'll dig out my camouflage Sox T-Shirt I got from Walmart for 10 bucks. Embarrassingly, I think that's the only Sox shirt I have. Am I bad? :(:

krohnjw
10-04-2005, 10:04 AM

I hear you there :angry: I could bring a sox hat and place it on my desk though :(: that's about it though.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 10:07 AM
We don't have a dress code at work, so I'm wearing my first Sox shirt under my authentic pinstriped Konerko jersey, as well as my Sox earrings. I brought along my visor for the game, which I will be heading to right after work.

Uncle_Patrick
10-04-2005, 10:11 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. I even have my "Sox Pride" wristband on. Unfortunately, I recall a "Wear your Cubs gear" day at the office in 2003. No announcement on a "Wear your Sox gear" day yet, but as I know many of the people on our Events Committee are die hard Cubs fans, I'm not holding my breath.

krohnjw
10-04-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I even have my "Sox Pride" wristband on. Unfortunately, I recall a "Wear your Cubs gear" day at the office in 2003. No announcement on a "Wear your Sox gear" day yet, but as I know many of the people on our Events Committee are die hard Cubs fans, I'm not holding my breath.

I am stuck here in NC, they have a wear your ACC gear day (great :dunno: ) but I fear there will never be a Sox day or even a baseball day for that matter. I am lucky to get Jeans day once a month! :(:

Jurr
10-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Instead of my white coat that I normally wear over scrubs, I'm wearing Sox jerseys all week. Today: Paul Konerko road gray.
Tomorrow: Mark Buehrle alt. jersey.
Thurs: Juan Uribe Alt. jersey
Friday: He Gone T-Shirt
Saturday: Scott Podsednik road gray.

Yes, I agree. It's time to break out that Sox gear ALL WEEK.:supernana:

fquaye149
10-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Since it's so freakin' hot I'll dig out my camouflage Sox T-Shirt I got from Walmart for 10 bucks. Embarrassingly, I think that's the only Sox shirt I have. Am I bad? :(:

don't worry batman: the only sox T I have is the one I got at comiskey for filling out a credit card APP.

Of course, I'll be wearing my various Sox hats all week.

Today=1983 (my birth year!)....Winning UGLY wire to wire!...

Realist
10-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Being a former hockey player, I'm not shaving the entire time the Sox are in the playoffs.

Go Sox! Let me be the Wolfman for Halloween! :bandance:

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Being a former hockey player, I'm not shaving the entire time the Sox are in the playoffs.

That's Johnny Damon Syndrome!!! :o:

MsSoxVixen22
10-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Get yourself A Sox Polo/golf shirt. I have one in white and 1 in Black.
I also have a collared white long sleeve shirt withthe Sox logo stitched in.

Even us office joe's have options...

Thats a good idea! I should have thought of that! I'm gonna order one soon as I'm able! :)

MsSoxVixen22
10-04-2005, 10:53 AM

:roflmao:

Realist
10-04-2005, 10:55 AM

Who's Johnny Damon? :cool:

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-04-2005, 10:56 AM
I hear you there :angry: I could bring a sox hat and place it on my desk though :(: that's about it though.

Got 2 of my Sox hats on my office credenza...my rally towel from Gatorade is hanging from my bulletin board...my mini Sox bat (or, as I call it, the Influencer) is properly adorned on my credenza behind me, and the inflatable Pontiac Sox bat is hanging from my ceiling. I am wearing my Sox polo tomorrow.

boiler up
10-04-2005, 11:02 AM
i am supposed to dress professional, but i have my sox hat on my desk

Foulke You
10-04-2005, 11:17 AM
I have my Sox hat and Sox Pride wristband on today at work. Yesterday, I wore my 2005 AL Central Champion shirt much to the annoyance of Cub fans here.:D:

crazyozzie02
10-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Will do

WSoxFanForever
10-04-2005, 03:48 PM
This week? Kids and I have been wearing Sox shirts, shorts, pants, etc. almost all month, getting grief from friends who are Scrubs fans! Now I'm getting ready to have a few beers and kick back to watch the game with spouse and kids, once kids get off of school.

GOOOOOOOOOO WHITE SOXXXXXXXXXXXxx
The only "real" Sox

LongLiveFisk
10-04-2005, 04:44 PM
When I get home from work I will put my Sox stuff on. This Friday I will wear Sox gear to work, since it's casual Friday. Show your SOX pride!! :gulp: :bandance:

chisoxfan64
10-04-2005, 04:52 PM
I`m supposed to wear dress pants. polo shirt. NO LOGOS.
I wore my White Sox polo to work this morning, my boss said " You know your not supposed to wear that." I said "So send me home." He walked away and didn`t say another word. I left early anyway so I could get home and watch the Sox win game 1.

bafiarocks03
10-04-2005, 05:43 PM
I've been wearing my sox earrings, my bracelets, and wearing black and white ribbons in my hair and having my sox purse everyday since we clinched to school! and if i had a sox polo shirt i'd wear it but i don't.

antitwins13
10-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Consider this a call to arms ........

I wear Sox clothing everyday anyways

Domeshot17
10-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Good Story-

My management class at my college, the teacher is real big on no hats in class, however, he is a big sox fan. We watched the first half inning in the cyber cafe before class, both wearing our AL Central Champs hats and I had on the roster shirt. Get to class, find out they are rallying through game cast that he put on the projection screen, tells me if I take my hat off again until I november hes failing me, and teaches the entire class in his hat as well.

I kind of feel like the Jamacian BobSled team in cool Runnings. Work our butts off, only one who thinks we are any good is our coach, then when we show we belong with the other 8 playoff teams, the bangwagon gets really tight as more and more people jump on.

Frankfan4life
10-04-2005, 09:48 PM
I love this idea, Hangar. I wore Sox stuff all weekend and I wore my Sox shirt over my regular clothes all day at work Monday because I was going to the rally. Since I work in a business environment with a dress code, I won't be able to do that everyday. I do have a Sox neckace, lapel pin and bracelet. I'll wear one or more of my Sox jewelry everyday. On casual Friday, I'll wear my black Sox polo shirt and jeans to work. Then I'll wear my Sox stuff again over the weekend.

LuvSox
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
My wife picked up a Division Champs shirt for me today at the South Shore station on Randolph for only ten bucks.

flo-B-flo
10-04-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm also wearing a "rape boston" pin on my jumper.... Rape Boston?.......uhh.......

MiamiSpartan
10-04-2005, 10:55 PM
I've been wearing mine over my shirt and tie to work. I've also got my Sox flag and big car magnet going....I must be the Southernmost Sox fan!:bandance:

Whitesox029
10-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Speaking of clothing...The Sox finished the season 7-0 in games during which I was wearing these jeans (I didn't notice the trend until after the first two games in Detroit) and they haven't been washed. It was like 85 degrees and I wore them today anyway. They're not gonna get washed unless we lose.
Behold the power of the jeans.

BarbG
10-04-2005, 11:08 PM
In a very shocking move, our no-sports-or-band-shirts high school announced that Sox apparel will be allowed through the end of this week.

I've passed out all of my husband's and stepson's extra tees to my kids' friends who don't have them.

JB98
10-04-2005, 11:10 PM
I've been wearing mine over my shirt and tie to work. I've also got my Sox flag and big car magnet going....I must be the Southernmost Sox fan!:bandance:

I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure some folks down in Cuba are Sox fans right now.

soxjim
10-04-2005, 11:17 PM
I have been. Got a message from a SOX fan on my message machine when i got home from the game. He said my wife and I are a bit to crazy. We both wear SOX gear daily. She teaches in it and has SOX earrings. Today prior to the game we had pancakes with the words SOX in chocolate chips in them. This was apparently to much for this other SOX fan he shock his head and went to where we work.

ChiSoxKB83
10-04-2005, 11:25 PM
As someone else stated, I kept from wearing my sox shirt today due to personal superstitions. (I have a PK bobble head on my desk, since he's been put in the corner and turned to face the wall, our boys are NOW 6-0! :bandance: ) While walking around my college campus today though, it was really REALLY hard to not laugh out loud at idiots wearing Cubs attire, and I had to pass a smile along to those wearing Sox clothing. Maybe tomorrow I'll bring out my Sox hat, but I wouldn't want to jinx anything. :rolleyes:

ChiSoxGirl
10-04-2005, 11:46 PM
I mentioned this morning that I wore an "I (heart) Sox" pin on my shirt today, and instead of just the one, I wore two Sox Pride wristbands. Lo and behold, the Sox won, so I plan on repeating the exact same thing tomorrow and throughout the duration of the playoffs!

I just picked out what to wear to the game tomorrow, and I decided on the 2003 A.L. All Star jersey, since that's what I wore the last time I was at the ballpark- September 25- and they won! Gotta keep the winning karma alive! :bandance:

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-05-2005, 12:04 AM
I've done it so far this week. Wore the 2005 central league champs roster shirt on Monday, my blank White Sox home jersey today, and tomorrow I'll wear my green Mark Buehrle shirt that my sister got for me from Sports Authority. Some cubs fan was complaining because I've worn Sox stuff for the past 5 days of school. :)

soxjim
10-05-2005, 12:06 AM
I've done it so far this week. Wore the 2005 central league champs roster shirt on Monday, my blank White Sox home jersey today, and tomorrow I'll wear my green Mark Buehrle shirt that my sister got for me from Sports Authority. Some cubs fan was complaining because I've worn Sox stuff for the past 5 days of school. :)
Keep it up. Some SOX fans thinK I go overboard wearing SOX shirts and jerseys.