PDA

View Full Version : A good article on the Sox from tge NY Times

FanofBill
10-04-2005, 07:23 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/04/sports/baseball/04sox.html

"Had it been the Red Sox instead of the White Sox that nearly blew a 15-game lead last month, they might have held poetry readings outside the ballpark to appease the fates. If it had been the Cubs, they would have probably thrown a party to change their fortunes. The White Sox simply clenched their teeth and clinched the A.L. Central.

U.S. Cellular Field does not have the history of Fenway Park, and the stadium's location on the South Side of Chicago does not have the charm of Wrigleyville. But the White Sox and their new ace are perfectly suited to the locale. They do not mind a few rough corners."

boiler up
10-04-2005, 07:48 AM
rowand crashed a dirtbike?

man i love our team. that article just shows how guys can come together and make an outstanding team.

elrod
10-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Great article. Funny thing is, this shows what happens when a major national newspaper WANTS to run a pro-White Sox article. Of course New York hates the Red Sox, so playing up the White Sox suits them just right. But imagine if the Trib could treat the White Sox this way. Right.

Fenway
10-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Great article. Funny thing is, this shows what happens when a major national newspaper WANTS to run a pro-White Sox article. Of course New York hates the Red Sox, so playing up the White Sox suits them just right. But imagine if the Trib could treat the White Sox this way. Right.

The New York Times owns 17% of the Red Sox :smile:

elrod
10-04-2005, 10:46 AM
The New York Times owns 17% of the Red Sox :smile:

I forgot about that. Well, they don't have an anti-White Sox bias like the Trib and this is what happens.

Soxzilla
10-04-2005, 11:24 AM
rowand crashed a dirtbike?

man i love our team. that article just shows how guys can come together and make an outstanding team.

Hence the nickname, 'Crash.':cool:

chidonez
10-04-2005, 12:03 PM
But imagine if the Trib could treat the White Sox this way. Right.

Instead, the Trib has gone to sleep, while the Sun-Times runs a Mariotti screed, in which he claims that his hate should be considered a positive motivator for the team... I'm afraid all this negative hype is going to be self-reinforcing until the team just does something about...