PDA

View Full Version : How are flub fans taking it?

WinOrDyeTrying
10-04-2005, 04:38 AM
What are some Cubs message boards/websites out there. I know of North Side Baseball, but are there anymore? Im just curious about how they're taking the Sox (and Cards) in the playoffs.

DrCrawdad
10-04-2005, 05:09 AM
What are some Cubs message boards/websites out there. I know of North Side Baseball, but are there anymore? Im just curious about how they're taking the Sox (and Cards) in the playoffs.

From what I've seen most Cubbie fans are predicting the Red Sox to beat the Sox, and of those picking the Red Sox most say 3 and out for the Sox.

This follows the general pattern of writing off and dismissing the Sox by Cub fans.

The devolution of most Cub fans:

Preseason: Sox trades have all sucked. The Sox don't stand a chance to win the AL Central.

Midseason: Ok, the Sox have been lucky. They aren't as good as their record indicates. They'll finish behind the Twins and probably the Indians.

Late Season: THIS IS GREAT, THE SOX ARE CHOKING!

End Of Season: The Sox won the AL Central only because the Indians choked. The Sox aren't as good as their record indicates. They Sox will make a quick exit from the first round of playoffs.

halfpricemonday
10-04-2005, 07:00 AM
From what I've seen most Cubbie fans are predicting the Red Sox to beat the Sox, and of those picking the Red Sox most say 3 and out for the Sox.

This follows the general pattern of writing off and dismissing the Sox by Cub fans.

While most of my knowledgeable cub fan friends have jumped on the Sox bandwagon (you know, the type of cub fans that follow the world of baseball outside of Clark and Addison and knew back in April that the cubs would suck), I still encounter a bunch of cub fans who love to talk attendance and bash the sox. And you hit the nail right on the head; this is the exact pattern of behavior from these cub fans who supposedly "don't care" about the Sox.

To which I say, "Don't you ever get tired of being so wrong?"

DrCrawdad
10-04-2005, 07:25 AM
While most of my knowledgeable cub fan friends have jumped on the Sox bandwagon (you know, the type of cub fans that follow the world of baseball outside of Clark and Addison and knew back in April that the cubs would suck), I still encounter a bunch of cub fans who love to talk attendance and bash the sox. And you hit the nail right on the head; this is the exact pattern of behavior from these cub fans who supposedly "don't care" about the Sox.

To which I say, "Don't you ever get tired of being so wrong?"

I've actually heard from a few Cubbie fans, "So, do you think the Sox will sell-out the playoffs games?"

On WGN radio, Spike ODell this morning was comparing the scalpers asking price for Sox '05 and Cubs '03 playoff tickets.

To all these Cub assbags I reply, "The Cubs are more popular than the Sox? So what? Is that news to you? Is winning a popularity contest and beating the Sox in the attendance game what's most important to Cub fans?"

Another version, "If beating the Sox in the attendance game gives you pleasure, have at it. I'm going to take pleasure in watching the Sox in the playoffs."

Hangar18
10-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Here's been the progression of most Cub fans:

Preseason: Sox trades have all sucked. The Sox don't stand a chance to win the AL Central.

Midseason: Ok, the Sox have been lucky. They aren't as good as their record indicates. They'll finish behind the Twins and probably the Indians.

End Of Season: The Sox won the AL Central only because the Indians choked. The Sox aren't as good as their record indicates. They Sox will make a quick exit from the first round of playoffs.

Dr Crawdad, Im ALARMED at how this is WHAT THE MEDIA SAID THE ENTIRE SEASON, thus telling blue-sheeped fans what to think. this is another Chicken vs Egg argument

DrCrawdad
10-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Dr Crawdad, Im ALARMED at how this is WHAT THE MEDIA SAID THE ENTIRE SEASON, thus telling blue-sheeped fans what to think. this is another Chicken vs Egg argument

IF the White Sox were to win the World Series, I can already hear Cub fans saying, 'Yeah, well let's see what they do next year...'

halfpricemonday
10-04-2005, 08:08 AM
IF the White Sox were to win the World Series, I can already hear Cub fans saying, 'Yeah, well let's see what they do next year...'

Reason #38,427 why the Sox winning it all will be a great thing: Sox-Cubs 2006 at Comiskey, and from the 1st inning to the last, hearing the chant throughout the park: 1908! clap-clap-clapclapclap...1908! clap-clap-clapclapclap...

Uncle_Patrick
10-04-2005, 08:10 AM

Out of curiosity, I took a look at the site you mentioned. Normally, I try not to read their Sox-related threads, not because people there don't like the Sox, but because of Cubs fan arrogance and how we (Sox fans) are all trash and they are so much "better" than us. Snobbery, in general, just really pisses me off. Anyway, there are a few fans there whose hatred of White Sox would easily equal the most pathological Cubs-hating White Sox fan, although they still see themselves as "better" than Sox fans. Those people tend to look at the playoff situation this way: "The Sox lucked their way in 99 wins; this is the worst thing to happen in baseball; the whole organization from the top down to the fans are the most vile people on Earth; it will be 3 and out and this will be revenge for 2003." But, if the situations were reversed and the Cubs were in the playoffs, I'd expect quite a few people here to react in a similar way. But aside from the extremists, it seems that many of them (based on posts I've read and people I've actually encountered) are split between believing that we can make it to the ALCS and that Boston will beat us.

There are other boards at places like mlb.com and espn.com but there is so much trolling going on (especially at mlb.com) that its not worth reading. There has been a lot of bitching about that picture of Ozzie choking himself, though, even from people who don't hate the White Sox.

kittle42
10-04-2005, 08:36 AM
:whocares

eurotrash35
10-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Reason #38,427 why the Sox winning it all will be a great thing: Sox-Cubs 2006 at Comiskey, and from the 1st inning to the last, hearing the chant throughout the park: 1908! clap-clap-clapclapclap...1908! clap-clap-clapclapclap...

The Sox fans would be the only ones that knew what it meant though. :redneck

MiamiSpartan
10-04-2005, 09:02 AM
My sister is a cub fan (yes, I am horribly ashamed to admit that most of my family follow the scrubs), and she is pulling for the Sox to win the Series before the cubs do. She is acutely aware of the north side bias in Chicago and thinks it stinks. So maybe there is hope for her yet!

TornLabrum
10-04-2005, 10:17 AM

The devolution of most Cub fans:

Interestingly enough, Crawdad, you also just summarized the response of the local and national media to the Sox' season.

seanpmurphy
10-05-2005, 08:04 AM

The Sox fans would be the only ones that knew what it meant though. :redneck

Also Cubs fans would have to leave their bars and frat houses and actually come to the southside and you know, risk getting mugged and raped and killed and all that stuff that goes on out at the stadium. :tongue:

Cellview22
10-05-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm surprised how much of the local media is admitting they're Cub fans live on air. Why do they even have to bring that up? Just be objective, and cover the news. On Fox this morning, a reporter was in Bridgeport and kept asking the fans "I'm a Cub fan, can I jump on the bandwagon?" What I also don't get is the laughing at the anchor desk. I appreciate it's the lead story but what's so hilarious about a 14-2 win. :dunno:

Hitmen77
10-05-2005, 08:26 AM

Wrong again Cub fans! :bandance:

Get ready for them to step up their obsession with attendance today!:rolleyes:

Uncle_Patrick
10-05-2005, 08:28 AM
I'm surprised how much of the local media is admitting they're Cub fans live on air. Why do they even have to bring that up? Just be objective, and cover the news. On Fox this morning, a reporter was in Bridgeport and kept asking the fans "I'm a Cub fan, can I jump on the bandwagon?" What I also don't get is the laughing at the anchor desk. I appreciate it's the lead story but what's so hilarious about a 14-2 win. :dunno:

Patrick Elwood, who's the morning anchor (prior to 7 am) on Fox is a big White Sox fan. Maybe he was laughing at the Cubs fan who wants to jump on the bandwagon.

doublem23
10-05-2005, 12:31 PM
My mom, a diehard Cub fan, left me a voicemail on my phone telling me I should thank her and the Cubs for letting Matt Clement go so he could ultimate start Game 1. She then said if I call and make fun or her or my Cub-lovin' brother, she will come down here and kill me.

Baseball and family. Ah, good times. :cool:

JB98
10-05-2005, 12:34 PM
At my office yesterday, Cubs fans were pretty much sitting quietly while we Sox fans exchanged high fives after Podsednik's HR. I think the reaction from the North Side fans is mixed. Some are hating this and praying that the Sox fail. I know a few others who have commented that they hope the Sox do well because it's good for Chicago. If it comes down to us and St. Louis, a good number of them will cheer for us because they hate the Cardinals far more than they dislike us.

I think it's kind of split across generational lines as well. Some of the older Cubs fans I've talked to will say, "Good luck to the Sox in the playoffs." The one's that are closer to my age (I'm 29) hate us and want us dead. For the older guys, I think there is a lot of good-natured ribbing going on. Among younger fans, personal insults are more likely to be exchanged.

Uncle_Patrick
10-05-2005, 12:59 PM
I've seen on a couple different message boards that some Cubs fans are taking yesterday's loss harder than most Red Sox fans.

Hitmen77
10-05-2005, 01:22 PM
I've seen on a couple different message boards that some Cubs fans are taking yesterday's loss harder than most Red Sox fans.

Cub fans in '03 were all saying that all Chicagoans had to pull for the Cubs because "we're all Chicago fans" and that those who didn't pull for the Cubs were sore losers. What a bunch of hypocrites!

skobabe8
10-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Lots of sour grapes when I tuned to am 720 after the game yesterday. :D:

maurice
10-05-2005, 02:19 PM

That's only because Red Cub fans refuse to acknowledge anything that occurs more than 200 miles from Boston, unless the Patriots are in the Superbowl.
:cool:

Uncle_Patrick
10-05-2005, 02:22 PM
One board had a game thread for yesterday's game. One White Sox hater was really pissed off and called another guy a troll because he was pulling for the White Sox to win (for the good of Chicago, of course) and told him to come here or Soxtalk if he wanted to root for the White Sox. I found that pretty hilarious.

Chicken Dinner
10-05-2005, 02:42 PM
I don't want any Cub fans jumping on the Sox bandwagon. Stay away!! We don't want nor need any part-time, because they're winning fans.

JorgeFabregas
10-05-2005, 02:47 PM
They can jump on the bandwagon all they want as long as they buy lots of expensive merchandise and don't take any tickets away from the actual fans.

jdm2662
10-05-2005, 03:05 PM
I HATE bandwagon jumpers. Stay on the north side!

As for Cub fans reaction, I could care less. The Sox are my team. If you aren't a fan, so be it. It's your loss.

Nellie_Fox
10-05-2005, 03:19 PM
As for Cub fans reaction, I could care less.You could? I couldn't :tongue:.

D. TODD
10-05-2005, 04:58 PM
I've had a fellow teacher try to trick me into thinking that Konerko injured his arm this afternoon. The problem was that i was listening to sport updates on the radio before I returned from lunch. So, I just laughed, and said he's fine. That is a weak way of "ribbing" Sox fans in my opinion. If I had believed this bogus report what value would that have had for her. Oh well, I just laugh at it.

Another teacher was sent by my class by the same teacher with a Red Sox pullover at the end of the day. Funny part is I was able to get discounts on M.L.B. pullovers and took the order from her for the Red Sox pullover, plus 4 Cub pullovers. All for a mere $30 a piece(regular price was $80). I guess thats the payback I get. :cool:

JB98
10-05-2005, 05:24 PM

The haters were counting on a White Sox three-and-out, especially after the way we struggled in mid-September. Now, they are concerned that we'll win. Frankly, I'm kind of enjoying their angst.
:D:

Vestigio
10-05-2005, 05:56 PM
This morning, as I was heading to my history class, wearing my '83 Sox jersey, I walk down my dorm room stairs and come across a Cubs fan decked out with a Cubs hat and a '83 shirt with the batter insignia and "SUX" across the shirt. So I stare at him, and he takes a quick glance at me and quickly glances back. I just started to crack up and walk away. It seemed like he thought I was going to give him a piece of my mind or kick the crap out of him.

greenpeach
10-05-2005, 07:18 PM
My sister is a cub fan (yes, I am horribly ashamed to admit that most of my family follow the scrubs), and she is pulling for the Sox to win the Series before the cubs do. She is acutely aware of the north side bias in Chicago and thinks it stinks. So maybe there is hope for her yet!

You poor bastard, you're just like me, a Spartan AND White Sox fan. Unfortunately, I was in East Lansing this past Saturday.

gaelhound
10-05-2005, 09:26 PM
I would rather she worked in a Whorehouse!:angry:

LongLiveFisk
10-05-2005, 09:47 PM
The Cubs fans at my work have been very quiet but I haven't been rubbing it in either.

And why don't you all just tell your Cub fans friends this: "You guys better hope and pray that the Sox don't start filling the ballpark every game otherwise YOUR ONE AND ONLY ARGUMENT will die and then you'll have NOTHING."

santo=dorf
10-05-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm starting to see posts of "Pretty soon it'll be down to the Cards, White Sox, Astros, and Yankees. What are we going to do?"

:rolling:

Frankfan4life
10-09-2005, 02:02 AM
What I noticed is a LOT of cubbie hatred for the Sox. I aways believed that cubfans hated the Sox but they never had a GOOD REASON to show it. Now they do. This is from MLB.com:fk the w Sox i do not like them i will never like them an i will never root for them, plus they're gonna lose 1st round anyway so it doesnt really matter. I'll say good luck to the White Sox - but I won't root for them. ...I don't like them, I don't really care that they're from Chicago - it's not enough of a reason for me to get behind them - heck, I don't like the AL in general so I don't want any of them to win. ...I'll root for the NL all the way - even if the World Series comes down to the White Sox and the Cardinals (not that I think that's going to happen)
call it what u want i dont like ur sox, so y would i want them to win?Check out these gems:
DIE WHITE SOX
DIE WHITE SOX
DIE WHITE SOX
DIE WHITE SOX

GIT-R-DONE RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When do Cubs fans claim that they don't care? I sure as h.e.l.l. care about the White Sox, and want them to lose every game, like any rival fan should do. Cubs fans that don't care are kidding themselves, and White Sox fans who think they aren't literally obsessed with the Cubs are kidding themselves. If the World Series is WSox /Cards . I will be a cards fan for a week.This is just a small sample of the vitriol on that board. There were only a few cubfans who said they would back the Sox in the post season. Most cubfans openly showed their hatred of the Sox. So much for that myth.

CaptainBallz
10-09-2005, 03:37 AM
What I noticed is a LOT of cubbie hatred for the Sox. I aways believed that cubfans hated the Sox but they never had a GOOD REASON to show it. Now they do. This is from MLB.com: Check out these gems:
This is just a small sample of the vitriol on that board. There were only a few cubfans who said they would back the Sox in the post season. Most cubfans openly showed their hatred of the Sox. So much for that myth.

Does anyone on that site use I.N.gl33sh!!!??

TornLabrum
10-09-2005, 09:47 AM
What I noticed is a LOT of cubbie hatred for the Sox. I aways believed that cubfans hated the Sox but they never had a GOOD REASON to show it. Now they do. This is from MLB.com: Check out these gems:
This is just a small sample of the vitriol on that board. There were only a few cubfans who said they would back the Sox in the post season. Most cubfans openly showed their hatred of the Sox. So much for that myth.

Well, from reading those quotes, I really have to say that all those day games during the school year are showing in their literacy.

Chips
10-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Let the whine, we're in the damn playoffs and kicking ass, they're playing golf or whatever they do. I have only met a couple of flub fans who say they root for the Sox because they're from Chicago, and they had very little knowledge of baseball anyways. I don't like the damn cubs at all, I only want to see them win when they play Cleveland or Minnesota or Detroit or Kansas City, if one of our rivals is still in contention.

Frankfan4life
10-10-2005, 01:45 PM
I also want to note that cubfans are giving encourgement to other AL playoff teams on their MLB boards and spouting their hatred for the White Sox.

From the Red Sox Board:After my beloved Cubs didn't make it to the playoffs last year, I was rooting your team on, and was happy with your victories. You did a great job and have a wonderful team! I am hoping to see you triumph over our Southside rivals, but I'm not seeing it. I'm hoping you will start winning when you come home Friday. What might inspire you to win is to have some kind of "Boston Pride" day. Get Ben Affleck and his wife to sing the National Anthem. Mark Wahlberg could throw the first pitch. I'm sure Matt Damon and Dennis Leary could start a pep rally from the infield. Take pride in who you are: the defending World Champions. Start winning. Do what you did last year, only better. You can do it! Cubs fans will be rooting for Red Sox Especially now that the Red Sox are playing the White Sox. Good luck to your team! I hope you sweeeeeppp!!!!!!!! From the Yankees Board:
Hey guys, I just want to say that you probably have almost every Cubs fan rooting for the Yanks to take the title. This is the worst postseason in recent memory for most of us considering our 3 most hated teams (White Sox, Cardinals, Astros) are in the Championship Series. It would be comparable to you guys seeing the Red Sox, Mets, and Orioles in the CS.Anyways, good luck vs. the Angels and when you are done with them, whoop some serious White Sox @$!I'm another cub fan too....GO YANKEES!!!!!!From the Angels Board:
Cub fan here saying congrats and good luck. I hope you guys crush the Yankees tonight, and then roll right over the White Sox. I don't know too much about the AL west, but how does your team match up against the Sox? I've heard alot of White Sox fans expressing worry if they have to face you guys.Go Angels.For what it's worth, no one on the Sox board wants to face you guys in the ALCS. Beat those Yankees!

Uncle_Patrick
10-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Just to be fair, a lot of those message boards, particularly the MLB board, seem to attract every moron and troll that follows ANY team, including the White Sox. I've seen Cubs fans post congrats on the Sox MLB board only to have people start ripping on the Cubs or to insult the poster. It doesn't exactly foster great relations.

TheArmyOfNeems
10-10-2005, 02:46 PM
how are most cubs fans taking it? "i dont care"
you dont care? Then why are you suddenly a red sox/indians/whatever team the sox are playing diehard fan?

itsnotrequired
10-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Just to be fair, a lot of those message boards, particularly the MLB board, seem to attract every moron and troll that follows ANY team, including the White Sox. I've seen Cubs fans post congrats on the Sox MLB board only to have people start ripping on the Cubs or to insult the poster. It doesn't exactly foster great relations.

Those MLB boards are a joke. Total, classic, junior high action.

Uncle_Patrick
10-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Honestly, I think that die-hard Cubs fans are taking it the same way many Sox fans took it in 2003. Either its: "Oh, its good for Chicago", "I don't care what happens now that my team is not in the playoffs", or "I wouldn't root for them if they were playing the Taliban and Bin Laden was at first base" (I can't take credit for that one, I actually read that on a Cubs message board). The only thing that makes is worse for Cubs fans this year is that not only might the White Sox make the World Series, but two of their division rivals are fighting it out to make the Series as well. It makes looking at their message boards much more interesting because they are fighting amongst themselves over the following questions:

White Sox, Yankees, Cardinals, or Astros: who to root for? (followed up by the inevitable question, how can you root for______?)

Would it really be good for Chicago if the White Sox won it all?

If the White Sox won it all, would it encourage Cubs upper management to do what it takes to get the World Series?

Are the White Sox lucky or good?

Is this the worst year ever for Cubs fans?

miker
10-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Where are these "Cub Fans" I keep hearing about? Having seen one in weeks...

WinninUglee
10-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Oh..they're getting ready for NEXT YEAR! :D:

Where are these "Cub Fans" I keep hearing about? Having seen one in weeks...

ChiSoxGirl
10-10-2005, 03:48 PM
This obnoxious Cub fan who teaches at my school (the same woman who inspired me to start a thread last week about something similar) came in on Thursday saying, "as far as I'm concerned, baseball season is over." Sounds like someone's a little jealous to me...! :wink:

jdm2662
10-10-2005, 03:56 PM
This obnoxious Cub fan who teaches at my school (the same woman who inspired me to start a thread last week about something similar) came in on Thursday saying, "as far as I'm concerned, baseball season is over." Sounds like someone's a little jealous to me...! :wink:

Damn right she is. Who cares what Cub fans think? The White Sox are our team. If they are not fans, oh well. They can feel whatever they want. If they want us to lose, oh well. The Cubs should be the last thing on your minds now.

soxwon
10-10-2005, 10:16 PM
the cub fans i talk to, will be rooting for ST LOUIS against us!!!

i thought we didnt matter to the flub fans?

TDog
10-10-2005, 11:07 PM

What Cubs fans are feeling now is different from what Sox fans felt in 2003. That year Sox fans knew their team should have been in the postseason, and, in fact, ended up with just two wins less than the Cubs, a team that couldn't even get to 90 wins. This year, the Cubs were never in the race and never even had a realistic shot at the wild card, despite what people wrote in the papers.

But this teacher lied to you when she said she considers the baseball season over. In September Cubs fans were cheering harder for the Indians than they were their North Side team. And they will have a rooting interest in this postseason as long as there is a team playing the Sox.

MsSoxVixen22
10-11-2005, 08:42 AM
The Flub fans I work with are extremely bitter and I get "Sox Curse" emails almost everyday. Flub fans are haters plan and simple. And you know damn well if it comes down to Sox v. Cards the Flubs fans will root for the Cards. Its so typical of them. Someone said to me yesterday, I'm a Cub fan and said yeah it shows (cos he's an idiot) I tell them the Sox will do the talking for me (as in when they win, it speaks for itself) And talking about being on a ledge....when the Sox win the WS, there will be ALOT of FLub fans jumping off that ledge. They will never be able to live it down and then all we'll hear is this year is the Flubs turn. :rolleyes:

skobabe8
10-11-2005, 10:23 AM

As far as I'm concerned, I agree. Her baseball season IS over.

PatK
10-11-2005, 10:48 AM

You need to tell her to put down the

http://www.chaoticconcepts.com/haterade2.gif

PaulDrake
10-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Those MLB boards are a joke. Total, classic, junior high action. You're very kind.

C-Dawg
10-11-2005, 12:41 PM
After my beloved Cubs didn't make it to the playoffs last year, I was rooting your team on, and was happy with your victories. You did a great job and have a wonderful team! I am hoping to see you triumph over our Southside rivals, but I'm not seeing it. I'm hoping you will start winning when you come home Friday. What might inspire you to win is to have some kind of "Boston Pride" day. Get Ben Affleck and his wife to sing the National Anthem. Mark Wahlberg could throw the first pitch. I'm sure Matt Damon and Dennis Leary could start a pep rally from the infield. Take pride in who you are: the defending World Champions. Start winning. Do what you did last year, only better. You can do it!

Surely that whole post on the Red Sox board was in teal. It has all the feel of the Monty Burns "You there, fill er up with petroleum distallates, and re-vulcanize my tires post-haste!" quote.

I'm sure having all those celebrities on hand would have done wonders for the team!

C-Dawg
10-11-2005, 12:48 PM
....ended up with just two wins less than the Cubs, a team that couldn't even get to 90 wins.

Even the NL Wild Card team that year won more games than the Cubs in the regular season that year! And Cub fans have the nerve to say OUR division is weak!

Hitmen77
10-17-2005, 03:32 PM

and here's a funny look back at what the Cub fans at the Heckler were saying about the Sox a month ago:

http://theheckler.com/index.php?page=0000-DH-05-09-12&idrub=64&idsite=1&PHPSESSID=c5d2fe70b098ca5e7fb1be29d64f5708

All I have to say to them is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

soxfan26
10-17-2005, 03:37 PM
:hijacked:

I have to say that the few Cub fans I still associate with (due to unfortunate family connections) have been good natured and congratulatory through these past few weeks. The first 3 responses to my "Sox win the pennant" e-mail were from Cub fans just saying congrats.

/ :hijacked:

Now back to the regularly scheduled Cub bashing... :cool:

DumpJerry
10-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Now back to the regularly scheduled Cub bashing... :cool:
A guy in my office who is as big a Flub fan as I am Sox fan refused to look me in the eye today and said he will not talk to me until the Flubs make it to the WS. I said that will happen when my great grandchildren go to college. He gave me the Evil Eye and walked away. This especially hurts them since I don't have any kids, much less grandkids or great grandkids. This is the same guy who the day after we clinched with the Tigers tried to figure out a scenario that would keep us out of the playoffs.

Another Flub fan in my office on Friday wished me luck as he left, but reminded me he was a Flub fan. I told him that at this time two years ago I was staring down a deep dark abyss at the Worst Case Scenario. He said he was doing that this weekend.

Nice to know not everyone is a bandwagon jumper.

Ok, has this gotten the thread back on track?

mrs. hendu
10-17-2005, 04:48 PM
They will never be able to live it down and then all we'll hear is this year is the Flubs turn. :rolleyes:
What's new? :tongue:

Johnny Mostil
10-17-2005, 04:54 PM
The Cubs fans at my work have been very quiet but I haven't been rubbing it in either.

And why don't you all just tell your Cub fans friends this: "You guys better hope and pray that the Sox don't start filling the ballpark every game otherwise YOUR ONE AND ONLY ARGUMENT will die and then you'll have NOTHING."

That argument is dead now. How many sellouts up north this month? (Six and counting on the South Side . . . )

CaptainBallz
10-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Mostly quiet on the Flub front, except for one friend of mine that is quite funny about it. He immediately said he's gonna start rooting for the Sox in the WORLD SERIES since every team he roots for seems to get handily whooped. I think he's slowly coming to the realization that the baseball world he chooses to live in is covered in loser sauce.

He's the least of my concerns. By the way, THE WHITE SOX ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

robertks61
10-17-2005, 06:56 PM
One Tribune Company Sponsored Team fan said he hoped the Sox win it so it puts pressure on his owners to spend $$$$ and put a winning product on the field!

Hitmen77
10-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Does anyone out there know people who were once Sox fans and at some point in the past turned to the dark side and became Cub fans?

I wonder how those traitors feel now?

SoxSpeed22
10-19-2005, 05:21 PM
He immediately said he's gonna start rooting for the Sox in the WORLD SERIES since every team he roots for seems to get handily whooped.Maybe the Sox might have had something to do with that.:redneck

Nellie_Fox
10-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Does anyone out there know people who were once Sox fans and at some point in the past turned to the dark side and became Cub fans?

I wonder how those traitors feel now?He (*cough*cough*my older brother *cough*) has switched back to the Sox and denies that he was ever a Cubs fan (*cough*frontrunner*cough).

TheOldRoman
10-19-2005, 11:18 PM

I wonder how those traitors feel now?

Yeah. A kid I know was a Chicago fan in the sense that he rooted for both teams, but he knew absolutely nothing about baseball and didn't pay much attention to it. In September of 03 he became a "lifelong" Cubs fan. I said all summer that "come the last week of October, he will be a 'lifelong' Sox fan", but he is not waivering. These clowns realized the asses they made of themselves two years ago. Nobody is ready to forgive them and pretend it didn't happen.

This particular stooge has had "GO RED SOX!" and then "GO ANGELS" in huge letters in his AIM profile during the playoffs, but he claims he has no inferiority complex. He said last week "it is sickening looking at Sox fans' profiles. I haven't rooted against the Sox before, but I will now. All they do it talk about and rip a team that didn't even make the playoffs".
Gee, maybe that's because they had to read profiles of asshats like him.

He also posted a typical Cub-esque rant about "Sox fans suck. They dont know baseball. Three month ago, they hated Jose Contreras and now he is their best starter. They think Podsednik is great, and he is a piece of ****. Greg Maddux has more homers this year than him. And they said Jon Garland would win the Cy Young in the second half, that was a joke. He sucks now.

Normally these fairweather fools would sway back to the Sox, but they are influenced by the Tribune and are spouting off the "Nobody goes to games, horrible ballpark, ghetto white trash fans in the middle of a black crackhead neighborhood, people get shot there" bs. All the better. I don't want to high five a piece of garbage like that if I am in a bar when the Sox win the series. I hope they enjoy themselves.

Hitmen77
10-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Several years ago (late 90s - after the white flag trade), the Cubune ran a story about a number of former Sox fans who supposedly were lifelong 2nd and 3rd generation Sox fans who got so fed up with the Sox that they became Cub fans.

I wonder where all these traitors are now? Have they found the Cubs way of running a baseball team much more fulfilling?

Of course, the point of the article was to make Chicagoans think that everyone was abandoning the Sox for the Cubs. I'm sure the reality was that they had to really hunt to find these bozos.

Uncle_Patrick
10-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Several years ago (late 90s - after the white flag trade), the Cubune ran a story about a number of former Sox fans who supposedly were lifelong 2nd and 3rd generation Sox fans who got so fed up with the Sox that they became Cub fans.

There are a lot of former Cubs fans who have done the same thing (jumped ship to the Sox). They are among the biggest Cubs Haters out there. Wasn't Home Fish one of those types?