PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fan in Asia Outraged and in Need of Urgent Help

PeteWard
10-04-2005, 03:12 AM
ESPN International released their post season schedule today:

All 3 NY-LA are being shown live and all will be repeated later in the day
All 3 Houston-Atl live and repeated as well

NO OTHER GAMES ARE BEING SHOWN!!!! :angry:

So... is there any way I can pay to see the Sox games over the Internet live overseas ?

MLB is archiving and showing them after the final pitch. I just hate the suspension of disbelief that is required for watching a delayed game. Not to mention being blacked out of the games I have no possible access to!!!

Please help me!:(:

Banix12
10-04-2005, 03:22 AM
ESPN International released their post season schedule today:

All 3 NY-LA are being shown live and all will be repeated later in the day
All 3 Houston-Atl live and repeated as well

NO OTHER GAMES ARE BEING SHOWN!!!! :angry:

So... is there any way I can pay to see the Sox games over the Internet live overseas ?

MLB is archiving and showing them after the final pitch. I just hate the suspension of disbelief that is required for watching a delayed game. Not to mention being blacked out of the games I have no possible access to!!!

Please help me!:(:

mlb.tv is the only place to get baseball on the internet so I think you are screwed so you'll either have to listen to the game over internet radio or watch the tape delayed game.

Though actually I just went to the mlb.tv website and it says that if you are living outside the US you can watch the game live over the internet.

Link to International Subscription (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/subscriptions/postseason/intl_index.jsp?home=mlb)

I feel your pain. During the 2000 playoffs I was living in England and all the sox games were on Tape Delay. My friends being the jerks that they were and knowing I was going to stay up to watch the game late at night would try to tell me the final score before I sat down to watch it.

Madvora
10-04-2005, 07:09 AM
From what I hear, the mlb tv games are released immediately after the game is over. You're only going to have to wait about 3 hours later to watch the game. It's not like you'll be in much danger of hearing the score while the thing is going on though. There's shouldn't be too much difference to you.

Gameday audio is available too and that is acually during the game.

Irishsoxfan
10-04-2005, 07:31 AM
The terms of mlb.tv seem to change daily as they finalise their packages. Last week even international customers could only get archived (after last pitch) games. This week apparently I will be able to see play off games live! I don't know if they are making a distinction between 'play off' & 'post season' games so I'm not sure if I will be able to watch the WS live.

harwar
10-04-2005, 07:52 AM
I realize how frustrated you are,in 83 i had to leave after game 1 between the White Sox and orioles and i didn't find out who won the series FOR THREE WEEKS.
At least you can watch after the game is over.Good Luck.

MRKARNO
10-04-2005, 08:49 AM
As far as I know, the mlb.tv package during the postseason is specifically designed so that international baseball fans can watch every game live. It's like 10 bucks or so. But enjoy those 3 PM CDT starts.....:D:

PeteWard
10-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Thanks to all of you for the advice. I went ahead and subscribed to the international package. Cant wait for game time--less than 6 hours away:D:

...at 3:00 a.m local time:o: !

dcoroni
10-05-2005, 06:37 AM
bittorrent

Sox&Springsteen
10-05-2005, 07:05 AM
Thanks to all of you for the advice. I went ahead and subscribed to the international package. Cant wait for game time--less than 6 hours away:D:

I find the products offered on the MLB website to be confusing in the extreme. I purchased the product "All Access" a couple of months ago, and wasn't sure until last night that it actually included live postseason play, or whether I would have to purchase the International Add-on package separately. It turns out that the "All Access" package does include live postseason games.

I hope you were able to see that great Bridgeport blow-out last night--including a wonderful glimpse of Minnie Minoso--live!

In short, I would recommend the "All Access" package above the plain "MLBTV" package. It's only a tenner more than MLBTV and also includes postgame highlights (condensed games) unlike the straight MLBTV package.

Queries to customer service at MLBTV, in my experience, generally go unanswered until about the fifth e-mail.

Good luck from another Proud Sox Fan far from home

SouthSide_HitMen
10-05-2005, 11:50 AM

Hope you are not in Korea or Japan - that is if you are planning to get up at 3:00 am to watch them live.

National Live Blackout: Live games marked with grey icon http://mlb.mlb.com/images/state/icon_national.gif will be blacked out in the U.S., Japan, South Korea, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Additionally, postseason live games will be blacked out in Canada