Rob Neyer
Tim Kurkjian
Eric Neel

are a bunch of idiots.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/series?series=boschw

TheOldRoman
10-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Yep. No real breaking news there.
As much as I would love to beat the Yankees, I cherish the thought of a White Sox-Angels ALCS after all these ESPN morons hyping up the "predestined" rematch in the ALCS.

As I type this, I head Harold Reynolds say the Red Sox have more than enough pitching to win.:rolleyes:

mdep524
10-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Jayson Stark
Jerry Crasnick
Buster Olney
Rob Neyer
Tim Kurkjian
Eric Neel

are a bunch of idiots.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/series?series=boschw I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second:

Why are these guys idiots? Just because they didn't pick the White Sox?

I mean, does every prognosticator have to predict the White Sox will win the ALDS?

The lack of quality and quantity of their Sox coverage- that's a sin. (Slightly less so from ESPN, because they ignore almost everyone except the Yankees and Red Sox; the greatest sin comes from the horrific local coverage... but that's a topic for another thread)

But individuals' predictions, which are meaningless anyway, doesn't fall under any grievance to me. This isn't the Harlem Globetrotters vs. the Generals anyway, there's a chance either team will win this series. Besides, would you feel better if all the clowns at ESPN picked the Sox to win anyway?

Banix12
10-04-2005, 03:04 AM
My god this board is taking all this stuff way too personal. Everybody do themselves a favor and stop reading into this stuff as more than just an individual's opinion.

The whole job of these writers are to create some kind of discussion anyway. It's not like they actually have psychic powers that affect the outcome of a series.

doublem23
10-04-2005, 03:32 AM
I got to agree. These short play-off series are so wildly unpredictable, just about every outcome is logically possible. I mean, the Royals swept the Yankees in a 3-game set earlier this year, does that mean the Royals are better than New York and deserve to be in the post-season? No. Baseball is, and has always been a marathon, and the play-offs are nothing more than a sprint. You just need to survive and get to October. The Red Sox and White Sox could probably play 10 best-of-five series and each team would probably win 5 times. They're good. We're good.

Now let's go take care of some business. Go Sox! :bandance:

chuckn98229
10-04-2005, 05:00 AM
[QUOTE=mdep524]Why are these guys idiots? QUOTE]

Because they do not think or analyze but merely pick the A.L. cubs or the Yankmees out of habit - or job preservation! I am beginning to wonder whether or not ESPN is owned by Steinbrenner???

SSN721
10-04-2005, 08:20 AM
I think a five game series is a toss up and nobody can deny the potency of the Boston lineup. Their pitching does suck but if we cant contain the lineup it will be very hard for the SOx offense to keep up, even against mediocre pitching. So I do not think someone is an idiot to pick the Red Cubs. I will pick the Real SOx in 5 but I can still see the Red Cubs winning the short series.

kittle42
10-04-2005, 08:35 AM
As usual, there are still a number of people on this board that won't be happy until the media goes as Sox-happy as they have been Cub-happy in the past.

mdep524
10-04-2005, 10:07 AM
the Royals swept the Yankees in a 3-game set earlier this year, does that mean the Royals are better than New York and deserve to be in the post-season? No. Baseball is, and has always been a marathon, and the play-offs are nothing more than a sprint. You just need to survive and get to October. The Red Sox and White Sox could probably play 10 best-of-five series and each team would probably win 5 times. They're good. We're good. Reason number one why having a best-of-5 series is stupid, illogical and inconclusive after a 162-game season.

FredManrique
10-06-2005, 10:00 AM
I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second:

Why are these guys idiots? Just because they didn't pick the White Sox?

I mean, does every prognosticator have to predict the White Sox will win the ALDS?

The lack of quality and quantity of their Sox coverage- that's a sin. (Slightly less so from ESPN, because they ignore almost everyone except the Yankees and Red Sox; the greatest sin comes from the horrific local coverage... but that's a topic for another thread)

But individuals' predictions, which are meaningless anyway, doesn't fall under any grievance to me. This isn't the Harlem Globetrotters vs. the Generals anyway, there's a chance either team will win this series. Besides, would you feel better if all the clowns at ESPN picked the Sox to win anyway?

Sorry, I just kind of snapped when I wrote that. I felt we were unstoppable going in the to the Playoffs :smile:

I don't watch ESPN much, or use espn.com, despite living in California and not having much access to Chicago-area Sox news. Same old story; lack of coverage blah blah blah. So I thought it was just typical that they would favor their Red Sox.

Anyway, so far they're wrong :supernana: