PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Out of Luck?

Hosey22
10-04-2005, 12:47 AM
For at least tomorrow. I have no way whatsoever for me to watch the ballgame tomorrow. I play college ball and we have an intrasquad double-header tomorrow that is pretty important, so as much as I want to skip for the ballgame, there is no way I can. I'm sure as hell going to be getting text messages when i'm in the dugout, but other than that I'm out of luck tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else is going to be in misery like me until I can get to a television at around 6?

Here's hoping that when I am there Wednesday night they can pull away a victory and go to Boston up two! (knocking on wood)

TDog
10-04-2005, 01:21 AM
... I was just wondering if anyone else is going to be in misery like me until I can get to a television at around 6? ...

The bad news is the weekday games aren't going to be any different for me than regular season games in that even the night games will be long over before I get home from work. That four-hour time difference from the East Coast generally puts baseball in the past tense for me. Even on the weekend, I don't have access to a television. My job has me working out of the office quite a bit, so my ability to check on the score will be limited.

The good news is that because the Sox have lost when I've been able to see the White Sox play in postseason ball, on TV or in person, this year the White Sox might stand a better chance of winning. I remember I had to work during Hoyt's win in the 1983 ALCS opener.

The local radio morons will probably run football this weekend.

Fuller_Schettman
10-04-2005, 01:30 AM
Game starts here at 1:00. I have to go pick up my kids from school around 2:30. I'm hoping to slough that task onto someone else...

*keeping fingers crossed*

dakuda
10-04-2005, 05:51 AM
I get out of work at 3:00, and typically have enough time to stop off at home befire I have to head to NIU for classes at night. Basically, I will miss the entire game tomorrow. I am just glad I have one of those DVR things with the satellite service.

Etownsox13
10-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Yeah I play college ball too...and we have practice today too...Damn cub fan coach...Ill probably get to catch the first few innings