PDA

View Full Version : Jimbo's afterwards...

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Before doing some laundry tomorrow night, I'm planning on stopping in to Jimbo's after leaving the game. Anyone else interested in doing a meet-up?

pauleywalnuts38
10-04-2005, 12:46 AM
at Shinnick's on 38th and Union. Great place to go after a game.

elrod
10-04-2005, 01:07 AM
WXRT is hosting some event at Jimbo's, actually.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 01:09 AM

After the game? Sweet!

peeonwrigley
10-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Semi-hijack: What would be the best place to watch the game around the park? I am meeting some people to tailgate and hopefully will find someone looking to dump an extra, but in the event I can't where would be the best place (seating, tv's, atmosphere)... I don't really care about specials, etc.

If anyone did this in 2000 - how many people watch in the nieghborhood bars for the mid afternoon game? Is it a fun environment?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
10-04-2005, 01:37 AM
What places would be best for the under 21 crowd after the game? Is there a place around the park that would have a great Sox atmosphere but not a bar?

MUsoxfan
10-04-2005, 01:41 AM

Hopefully Billy Corgan will be there rooting on the "other" team in Chicago which he has nothing against

steff
10-04-2005, 07:12 AM
Before doing some laundry tomorrow night, I'm planning on stopping in to Jimbo's after leaving the game. Anyone else interested in doing a meet-up?

H.. we'll hopefully see you there. Depends on how Jim's mom is doing.

Hangar18
10-04-2005, 08:31 AM

I wonder WHY they dont host an event BEFORE the season ........like they
do for that other team :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

ChicagoHoosier
10-04-2005, 09:21 AM
I wonder WHY they dont host an event BEFORE the season ........like they
do for that other team :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Kinda like Mystic Celt is now promoting specials to come and watch the Sox game. Not sure I ever saw them advertise that before we made the playoffs. I bet tons of northside bars hop on the bandwagon.

elrod
10-04-2005, 09:40 AM
I bet a lot of northside bars will get in on the action. I was driving through Wrigleyville yesterday and saw LOTS of Sox hats. I had a White Sox balloon flying out my car window and got a lot of smiles.

batmanZoSo
10-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Hopefully Billy Corgan will be there rooting on the "other" team in Chicago which he has nothing against

Speaking of celebrities, do you think Affleck is gonna be there today? If so, I certainly hope he takes a foul ball off his massive cranium.

chitownhawkfan
10-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Speaking of celebrities, do you think Affleck is gonna be there today? If so, I certainly hope he takes a foul ball off his massive cranium.

But if that happens, how are we ever going to get the sequel to Gigli?

Oh yeah, one more thing, WXRT...
:chunks:

SOXPHILE
10-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Jimbo's. Definatly. After the game, especially if the White Sox win. The crowd's gonna be spilling out onto the street.