PDA

View Full Version : Upper Deck Season Ticket Plan Playoff Question

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 12:14 AM
I tried contacting my ticket rep about this earlier; however, I just got an email back saying that his email address no longer exists. So, I have upper deck tickets for the entire ALDS, but I am a season ticket plan holder (even having the mlb-issued playoff tickets with my season ticket plan account number on it). Will they still allow season ticket holders downstairs, or is that privilege voided for the playoffs?

cheeses_h_rice
10-04-2005, 12:23 AM
I would guess that the inexperienced "security" staff won't know what the heck you're talking about as far as being a season ticket holder, and won't let you in the 100 level. You might have better luck trying the 300 level and then going down to the 100 level that way.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 12:26 AM
I would guess that the inexperienced "security" staff won't know what the heck you're talking about as far as being a season ticket holder, and won't let you in the 100 level. You might have better luck trying the 300 level and then going down to the 100 level that way.

Is there an elevator or something there?

Do the people at the Fundamentals Deck check?

cheeses_h_rice
10-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Is there an elevator or something there?

Do the people at the Fundamentals Deck check?

There is an elevator to the 100 level on the Club Level. I was just thinking out loud (well, not literally out loud...) that the people manning the doors on the 300 level might be more customer service-savvy than the regular security people on the 100 level.

You could also try the fan deck, though I imagine they check tickets to exit on the outfield concourse. Maybe not.

Ol' No. 2
10-04-2005, 12:31 AM
I would guess that the inexperienced "security" staff won't know what the heck you're talking about as far as being a season ticket holder, and won't let you in the 100 level. You might have better luck trying the 300 level and then going down to the 100 level that way.Season ticket holder tix look different. The security people all know what they look like. I doubt there will be any problem.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 12:35 AM
There is an elevator to the 100 level on the Club Level. I was just thinking out loud (well, not literally out loud...) that the people manning the doors on the 300 level might be more customer service-savvy than the regular security people on the 100 level.

You could also try the fan deck, though I imagine they check tickets to exit on the outfield concourse. Maybe not.

You can't even get on the fan deck unless you're in the LD already.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Season ticket holder tix look different. The security people all know what they look like. I doubt there will be any problem.

So, the tickets I received are different than those ordered by those at the box office or Ticketmaster, correct? Meaning I probably will be allowed down there?

CLR01
10-04-2005, 12:37 AM

Maybe he meant fundamentals?

CLR01
10-04-2005, 12:41 AM

I don't know if it has changed in the last few years but in my experiences the 300 level guys were always the worst when it came to checking your ticket. They like to keep that private.

cheeses_h_rice
10-04-2005, 12:57 AM

I meant the Fundamentals area...

:redface:

ewokpelts
10-04-2005, 01:06 AM
NO.

I already asked.
Gene

ewokpelts
10-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Just a reminder:

upper deck patrons are still treated like criminals. enjoy your lesser concessions and amenities.

Clembasbal
10-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Season ticket holder tix look different. The security people all know what they look like. I doubt there will be any problem.

Are they different for the playoffs too? Doesn't MLB (or the Sox for that matter) make all the playoff tickets the same no matter if you are a season ticket holder or not. I know in 2000 they did. Just curious.

steff
10-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Are they different for the playoffs too? Doesn't MLB (or the Sox for that matter) make all the playoff tickets the same no matter if you are a season ticket holder or not. I know in 2000 they did. Just curious.

In 2000 my season tickets were different from the tickets sold at the BO and off Ticketmaster.

Clembasbal
10-04-2005, 11:04 AM
In 2000 my season tickets were different from the tickets sold at the BO and off Ticketmaster.

Sounds good to me.

So I am guessing that the security should recognize them, but that doesn't mean they will let you down to the 100 level.

ewokpelts
10-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Fans holding tickets for the upper level will not be able to access other levels of the ballpark. This policy ensures that fans safely and comfortably enjoy the game with access to the areas of the ballpark where they bought tickets.

from : http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051003&content_id=1236462&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Gene

anewman35
10-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Fans holding tickets for the upper level will not be able to access other levels of the ballpark. This policy ensures that fans safely and comfortably enjoy the game with access to the areas of the ballpark where they bought tickets.

from : http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051003&content_id=1236462&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Gene

They always said that, though, even during the regular season.

SSN721
10-04-2005, 11:56 AM

Gene

I think that is only for individual game tickets, not season tickets. My friend has upper deck partial season tix and has not had a problem getting into the 100 level. He also never mentioned anything about not being able to get into the 100 level becaise of the playoffs.

ewokpelts
10-04-2005, 11:59 AM
i talked to my rep about this last week(an hour or so before they clinched).....no dice.....it'll be just like the all star game in 03......ONLY lower deck people in the lower deck

Gene

CLR01
10-04-2005, 04:05 PM
i talked to my rep about this last week(an hour or so before they clinched).....no dice.....it'll be just like the all star game in 03......ONLY lower deck people in the lower deck

Gene

As it should be.