PDA

View Full Version : What time should I set my VCR for?

LongLiveFisk
10-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Does anyone know when exactly the game is scheduled to begin tomorrow? I won't be able to watch when it starts due to work but I want to make sure I tape the opening festivities and not just the first pitch.

NDSox12
10-03-2005, 09:48 PM
In addition to LLF's question, can someone confirm that WGN will NOT be showing the game outside of the Chicago area? This page (http://wgntv.trb.com/wgntv-sports-soxplayoffs,0,6421473.story?coll=wgntv-home-1) seems to imply that they are showing the game in Chicago only, but confirmation from anyone who might know would be most appreciated.

I would prefer to set my TiVo to record WGN so that I would not have to worry about the Cards/Pads game running late, but I think I better stick with ESPN to be safe.

cheeses_h_rice
10-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Does anyone know when exactly the game is scheduled to begin tomorrow? I won't be able to watch when it starts due to work but I want to make sure I tape the opening festivities and not just the first pitch.

ESPN's coverage is set to start at 3:00, according to DirecTV's schedule. First pitch is 3:09.

If the first NLDS game goes long, I hope that won't affect the Sox game and that they'd put the NL game on ESPN2 or something.

LongLiveFisk
10-03-2005, 10:04 PM
ESPN's coverage is set to start at 3:00, according to DirecTV's schedule. First pitch is 3:09.

If the first NLDS game goes long, I hope that won't affect the Sox game and that they'd put the NL game on ESPN2 or something.

With that time frame, it doesn't appear that those of us at home will be able to see the player introductions or anything like that! :?:

DumpJerry
10-03-2005, 10:18 PM
When I tried to set my TIVO for WGN, it listed its regular programming and not the game. TIVO has Weds' game at 7:00, Sportscenter at 6:00. I'll manually set it to record ESPN to start recording at 6:00 on Weds.

I'll check TIVO Tues morming in case there is an overnight dump tonight to update.
I have DirecTV if that means anything.

34rancher
10-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know which station is broadcasting in HD, or both? I can set my DVR to record both in HD, so a little help?

ChiSoxGirl
10-03-2005, 10:24 PM

In watching the WGN News tonight, Dan Roan said there's going to be a Push for the Pennant pregame show starting at 2:30p, to be followed by the game, and then rounding up the coverage will be a postgame show immediately following out #27.

TheArmyOfNeems
10-03-2005, 10:25 PM
i set mine for 3:00 to 7:00 on WGN

Fuller_Schettman
10-03-2005, 10:50 PM
What sucks for me is I have a 160GB DVR but I have no clue on how to set it to record games 3 & 4 (& 5 if nec). I suppose the game times will hopefully be posted before I leave Friday morning. But then what about game 1 of the ALCS? Arrrgghhh! I want to have every post season game on DVD, but it looks like I am going to miss at least 1 or 2...

Does anyone know if the new dual tuner Comcast DVRs can output recorded content via firewire to an external drive? I have the old single tuner DVR, but I may go trade it in tomorrow...