PDA

View Full Version : See if you can figure out what's wrong with this poll . . .

BuckWeaver
10-03-2005, 06:27 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=1678

They may fix it, since I did email them. We just can't get no respect :?:

mantis1212
10-03-2005, 09:15 PM
I looked, couldn't find anything. What was wrong with it?

Edit: I got it- FIRST World Series? that's just dumb

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2005, 09:50 PM
The White Sox were in the WS in 1906,1917,1919 and 1959.

First WS?? Nice job,Endless SPorts Nonsense.
And get ready,word has it Chris Berman will be calling some
(or all) of these games with Rick Sutcliffe.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:chunks

cheeses_h_rice
10-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Wow, the White Sox can't even win in the area of disrespect.

Before last year, Boston last won the World Series in 1918. The White Sox's last World Series was just 1 year before that.

It's just too bad that this information isn't readily available for the pollmakers at ESPN.

:rolleyes:

antitwins13
10-03-2005, 10:40 PM
The biggest myth out there is that Boston has more power. We hit 200 HR's and they hit 198

cheeses_h_rice
10-03-2005, 10:45 PM
The biggest myth out there is that Boston has more power. We hit 200 HR's and they hit 198

But Boston scored about 150 more runs than the Sox did this year. The White Sox were brutal with RISP, too.

likeawarlord
10-03-2005, 11:05 PM
nothing's wrong with this poll. everyone knows that the white sox have never won a world series in their 104 years in existence.

halfpricemonday
10-03-2005, 11:13 PM
nothing's wrong with this poll. everyone knows that the white sox have never won a world series in their 104 years in existence.

:tealtutor:

And with that, let's go Sox!

Iwritecode
10-04-2005, 12:19 AM
It's just too bad that this information isn't readily available for the pollmakers at ESPN.

:rolleyes:

If only there were some sort of information superhighway where people from around the world could access a variety of baseball stats with the push of a button.

likeawarlord
10-06-2005, 01:05 AM
:tealtutor:

And with that, let's go Sox!

thaaaanks.

voodoochile
10-06-2005, 01:24 AM

I voted for the Sox because they have a bunch of guys who can put up 20+ in a season (8 by my count) while the BlowSox have most of their power concentrated in a few guys.

Every guy on the Sox lineup can go yard at any time in the game (well maybe not Pods - but even he hit one in the first game). You pitch around Manny and Ortiz and the Blow Sox are going to struggle offensively.

mjharrison72
10-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Not only did they get the World Series part wrong, but the rest of the poll is incredibly biased as well. Of course, this isn't a scientific survey, but they COULD try to make it look less like a push poll.

If I were to redesign it, I would ask a question like: "The Red Sox, with their $140 million payroll, have been accused by some of buying themselves a world championship. Which would you rather have?"
O A ballclub full of overpaid individuals, assembled for no other reason than to beat the Yankees' overpaid individuals.
O A TEAM of scrappy ballplayers hungry to do their teammates, manager and fans proud.
Might balance the bias just a tad... these people certainly seem to forget that the Red Sox choked away their own shot at a division title and backed into the playoffs.

miker
10-06-2005, 02:12 PM
For anyone wondering why White Sox fans complain about ESPN, if this garbage doesn't prove to you, you just don't get it.

May they rot! :angry:

CaptainBallz
10-06-2005, 03:02 PM
I just don't see how they find it in their best interests to purposely piss off a HUGE market of sports fans. But they do it any way.

"How will the White Sox nearly blowing a 15-game division lead affect their postseason run?"---

Answer: Go to H***

How about "How will the Sox fighting off Cleveland's late season tear (allowing Boston to be in the playoffs) affect their postseason run?"

Oh, that might put things in the proper perspective...

mjharrison72
10-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I just don't see how they find it in their best interests to purposely piss off a HUGE market of sports fans. But they do it any way.

"How will the White Sox nearly blowing a 15-game division lead affect their postseason run?"---

Answer: Go to H***

How about "How will the Sox fighting off Cleveland's late season tear (allowing Boston to be in the playoffs) affect their postseason run?"

Oh, that might put things in the proper perspective...
My thoughts exactly.

buehrle4cy05
10-06-2005, 06:20 PM

After a long day that involved swimming in extremely chlorinated pool water, this was the last thing I needed.:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/my-eyes.jpg