PDA

View Full Version : *un-Official* Game 1 Predictions thread

Fuller_Schettman
10-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Not for Dark Clouds, the "cursed" or the "jinxed"

I am feeling 5-0. I think PK will put us up early and Jose will be Jose.

Surprise Strategy: Knowing how important Scott Podsednik is to our success, Boston makes the decision to "pitch around" Pods. :?:

kittle42
10-03-2005, 05:33 PM
I think we should lay off the daily predictions...

Fuller_Schettman
10-03-2005, 05:35 PM
I think we should lay off the daily predictions...

Bull****! Then don't read the threads.

I'm going to have as much fun with this post-season as possible.

If you don't have the stomach for it, move to Wrigleyville...

MarySwiss
10-03-2005, 05:37 PM

Surprise Strategy: Knowing how important Scott Podsednik is to our success, Boston makes the decision to "pitch around" Pods. :?:

Real Sox win.

cheeses_h_rice
10-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Pale Hose 6-4.

veeter
10-03-2005, 05:53 PM
I think we should lay off the daily predictions... Why do you feel that way? I think anything to pass the nervous time away is o.k. Sox 6 - saux 3

kittle42
10-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Why do you feel that way?

An unreasonable fear of jinxes. :smile:

kittle42
10-03-2005, 05:54 PM

Too late.

Ol' No. 2
10-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Clement will not see the 6th inning, and the bullpen won't be any better.

Contreras will give up a couple long ones, but solo shots or 2-run HR at most. Other than that, he'll limit the damage.

White Sox win 8-4

ilsox7
10-03-2005, 06:02 PM
I am thinking 6-4, with us carrying a 4 run lead into the late innings and giving up a couple of meaningless runs. I feel very good about Tuesday. Not so great about Wednesday, but a great effort tomorrow will hopefully cure that.

mikesouthside
10-03-2005, 06:07 PM
4-1Good guys. The meaningless Big Poppi or Manny HR.

peeonwrigley
10-03-2005, 06:46 PM
5-4 Good guys.

Close, nailbiting, hair-losing, heart-attack inducing finish involving a fine defensive play to end the game.

After all, I've come to expect nothing less from our guys. :D:

downstairs
10-03-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm going high scoring....

13-11 Good Sox over Bad Sox...

Chisox003
10-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Clement will not see the 6th inning, and the bullpen won't be any better.

I'm not predicting a score, so I'll just go with a White Sox winner....

Any way we can get it, just win

PAPChiSox729
10-03-2005, 07:26 PM
7-2 White Sox

Dye will HR and Clement will be gone by the 5th. Contreras gives up an Ortiz HR but that is pretty much it.

fquaye149
10-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Either Contreras comes out lights out and we win 3-1 or 2-0 or else they get a couple of dings in early and we don't come back....to the tune of, say, 5-0, 7-2 something like

Hopefully the former case.

chopperjc
10-03-2005, 10:31 PM
11-2 a big blowout for the good sox and it makes a statement.:supernana:

buehrle4cy05
10-03-2005, 10:35 PM
6-4 White Sox. JC goes 7 strong, gives up 3 ER and Crazy Carl smashes a 3-run homer to put the Sox ahead for good in the 6th.

With that said, I guess they don't have to play the game tomorrow!

soxjim
10-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Good guys 5-3.

DVsoxfan
10-03-2005, 11:00 PM
No prediction on the score, but Crede will have a big game

Taliesinrk
10-03-2005, 11:04 PM
An unreasonable fear of jinxes. :smile:

I got to about the fourth post so sorry if it's already been said. But I'm going to have to second him on this one.. I mean it seems that most of what's being talked about on here is predictions (which of course I thought it would be), however, it makes me a bit worried, just because I am rather superstitious.. I mean it's driving me crazy actually.
But, I'm sure Sox fans will be Sox fans and tell me to go somewhere.. it's just something to think about.

slobes
10-03-2005, 11:31 PM
5-2 ChiSox

Contreras: 7 innings, 1 ER, 6 hits, 1 BB

Iguchi with a HR
Scotty with a SB
Dye with a HR
Uribe 3 hits

chisoxfanatic
10-03-2005, 11:46 PM
I can't muster any predictions right now...But thank you all for trying to help me out tonight...I'm feeling a big butterfyish tonigh.

Domeshot17
10-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Gotta go with what I told the Girlfriend about an hour ago before I logged on

( semi note to lead in) Last time we had to listen to a game on the radio was the U of I AZ Game. I was so mad and yelled its over and turn it off, she kept the faith, we won.

So I feel very similair right now. I think we jump out early ( the innings we see before class) 2-0, Boston Comes back and makes it 4-3 in the 5th, Crede hits a double to tie it, and the Boston Reject, Tadahito Iguchi (Boston got into the first negotiations with him for anyone who did not know, and decided he was not major league talent, by far not an upgrade over bellhorn) singles in the winning run in the 8th. Cotts gets a W and Hermanson a Save.

good guys win 5-4

Fuller_Schettman
10-04-2005, 12:02 AM

( semi note to lead in) Last time we had to listen to a game on the radio was the U of I AZ Game. I was so mad and yelled its over and turn it off, she kept the faith, we won.

So I feel very similair right now. I think we jump out early ( the innings we see before class) 2-0, Boston Comes back and makes it 4-3 in the 5th, Crede hits a double to tie it, and the Boston Reject, Tadahito Iguchi (Boston got into the first negotiations with him for anyone who did not know, and decided he was not major league talent, by far not an upgrade over bellhorn) singles in the winning run in the 8th. Cotts gets a W and Hermanson a Save.

good guys win 5-4

I like the Illini parallel and I agree, I think there will be one key game in this series where we will come back from the dead in historic style.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 12:10 AM

good guys win 5-4

Oh, gawd...I hope it wouldn't come to a nail-biter like this...

Hagan
10-04-2005, 01:11 AM
5-3 white sox. we score 2 in the first inning with pods stealing 2nd right away

antitwins13
10-04-2005, 01:16 AM
How bout a White Sox winner?!

Optipessimism
10-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Contreras: 7.2 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 2 BB, 13 K
Jenks: 1.1 IP, 0 ER, SV
Pods: 2-3, BB, 3B, 2 SB, 3 R
Dye: 1-3 HR, BB
PK: 2-4, 2 2B, 3 RBI

Sox win 7-1

Maybe that's a little too optimistic....

Sox 5-3

Edit: Manny Ramirez 1-3, 3 Errors :o:

fquaye149
10-04-2005, 01:57 AM
I got to about the fourth post so sorry if it's already been said. But I'm going to have to second him on this one.. I mean it seems that most of what's being talked about on here is predictions (which of course I thought it would be), however, it makes me a bit worried, just because I am rather superstitious.. I mean it's driving me crazy actually.
But, I'm sure Sox fans will be Sox fans and tell me to go somewhere.. it's just something to think about.

psst: I have a secret for you: nothing we say or do on this message board will "make" the Sox lose. NOTHING.

Even if you are a strong proponent of Chaos theory, a butterfly flapping its wings in Malaysia is just as likely to make the Sox win as lose. Therefore, jinxes and superstitions have no, none, not one iota of weight to them.

with all due respect, take your hex-um, hokum, shmuperstitions and dump them in the harbor with the Bambino's piano or blow them up on a plate of spaghetti with our good friends the billy goat lovers.:mad:

elrod
10-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Red Sox win the first game 7-3, after Contreras gives up 5 runs in the first inning. He settles down and goes 6 innings, but the White Sox can't muster a comeback after getting 3 runs in the 3rd, especially after AJ gets nailed trying to stretch a single into a double. And the second game the Red Sox win 3-1 as Wells recovers from a shaky first inning and dominates. In the third game at Fenway, while everybody predicts a Red Sox sweep, Garcia pitches a gem and the White Sox win 2-1. In Game Four, Schilling and the Red Sox lead 5-2 in the eighth inning when the White Sox miraculously score 5 runs on 7 straight hits to take a 7-5 lead. In the bottom of the 9th, Bobby Jenks gives up two doubles and a single to make the game 7-6 with runners on 1st and 3rd and no outs. Ozzie brings in Hermanson to face Graffy, Damon and Renteria. Graffanino strikes out on 3 pitches. Damon pops up and Crede makes a great catch into the camera well. After a 10-pitch battle, Renteria grounds meekly to Uribe for the last out and the White Sox hold on for Game Five. Back in Chicago, with the fans sensing something special, Contreras gives up a 2 run HR to Ortiz in the first inning, but then shuts down the Red Sox until the 8th inning. The White Sox go scoreless into the 4th, when Jermaine Dye hits a 3-run home run to right field. The game is tight until the 7th when Iguchi hits a bases loaded double to make it a 6-2 game. After Jenks lost the closer job in Game Four, Hermanson comes in to shut down Manny, Varitek and pinch-hitter John Olerud in order. White Sox win and move on to face the Angels.

That's how it's gonna go down, folks.

Fuller_Schettman
10-04-2005, 02:28 AM
Red Sox win the first game 7-3, after Contreras gives up 5 runs in the first inning. He settles down and goes 6 innings, but the White Sox can't muster a comeback after getting 3 runs in the 3rd, especially after AJ gets nailed trying to stretch a single into a double. And the second game the Red Sox win 3-1 as Wells recovers from a shaky first inning and dominates. In the third game at Fenway, while everybody predicts a Red Sox sweep, Garcia pitches a gem and the White Sox win 2-1. In Game Four, Schilling and the Red Sox lead 5-2 in the eighth inning when the White Sox miraculously score 5 runs on 7 straight hits to take a 7-5 lead. In the bottom of the 9th, Bobby Jenks gives up two doubles and a single to make the game 7-6 with runners on 1st and 3rd and no outs. Ozzie brings in Hermanson to face Graffy, Damon and Renteria. Graffanino strikes out on 3 pitches. Damon pops up and Crede makes a great catch into the camera well. After a 10-pitch battle, Renteria grounds meekly to Uribe for the last out and the White Sox hold on for Game Five. Back in Chicago, with the fans sensing something special, Contreras gives up a 2 run HR to Ortiz in the first inning, but then shuts down the Red Sox until the 8th inning. The White Sox go scoreless into the 4th, when Jermaine Dye hits a 3-run home run to right field. The game is tight until the 7th when Iguchi hits a bases loaded double to make it a 6-2 game. After Jenks lost the closer job in Game Four, Hermanson comes in to shut down Manny, Varitek and pinch-hitter John Olerud in order. White Sox win and move on to face the Angels.

Wow, that was positively electric! Much more romantic than 5-0 wins, that is for sure.

I wonder if any team has ever gone 13-0 in October...

Optipessimism
10-04-2005, 02:39 AM

I don't mind a little drama, but that's just waaaaaay too much for me. I'll stick with one disappointing loss and three Sox blowouts, thank you very much.

longshot7
10-04-2005, 03:35 AM
6-3 Pale hose. PTC: AJ!

Bold prediction: Scotty Po hits his first homer this season in this series.

Stroker Ace
10-04-2005, 03:42 AM
A White Sox Winner!

Skippy
10-04-2005, 03:46 AM
I just hope I'm able to fall asleep soon. I can't wait for the game to start. My buddy supposedly has tickets, but he told me today and I am skeptical. I am assuming I will just be watching at a bar, either way I'm in heaven.

October baseball........YESSSS!

Deuce
10-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Bull****! Then don't read the threads.

I'm going to have as much fun with this post-season as possible.

Relax there, buddy. A lot of guys are superstitious and think these threads are bad luck. Case in point, this board was littered with similar threads in July about cakewalking to the Division championship. Also, these threads tend to bring out the worst of the Dark Clouds if the early predictions do not come true. And no one wants that.

Personally, I don't mind saying that the Sox will win today. Outside of that, I'm keeping quiet.

Deuce

soxinthecity
10-04-2005, 08:45 AM
7-5 White Sox

series predictions
3-1
4-2
4-1
White Sox

fquaye149
10-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Relax there, buddy. A lot of guys are superstitious and think these threads are bad luck.

Well then a lot of guys need a reality check.

Let me clear something up for these people:

1.) the earth travels in an orbit around the sun

2.) if a woman is good looking it doesn't necessarily make her a witch

3.) when you drop an object, it falls to the ground because of gravity, not magic

4.) at night, the earth has rotated so it's no longer facing the sun. A pinhole blanket has NOT been dropped over the sky.

5.) if I poke an effigy of you with pins, you will not hurt in those areas

6.) NOTHING WE SAY OR DO (Short of fan interference) WILL EFFECT THE OUTCOME OF TODAY'S GAME

Jjav829
10-04-2005, 08:56 AM
My prediction: The Sox win...

I don't predict wins, but I'll say that I think Manny and Rowand will have good games.

kevin57
10-04-2005, 08:58 AM
White Sox jump out to an early lead. :smile:

Bosox "threaten" a little in the middle innings. :o:

Good Guys hang on for the win. :bandance:

(Not too bold a prediction...but that's how we've been doing it of late.)

Soxtober begins with a 5-3 win. :worship:

harwar
10-04-2005, 08:59 AM

Wow,i thought i drank too much coffee.:wink:
I think White Sox in xtra-innings 6-5

soxfan26
10-04-2005, 09:20 AM
My prediction: Clement will get the hook before the 5th inning. :redneck

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Contreras: 7.2 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 2 BB, 13 K
Jenks: 1.1 IP, 0 ER, SV
Pods: 2-3, BB, 3B, 2 SB, 3 R
Dye: 1-3 HR, BB
PK: 2-4, 2 2B, 3 RBI

Sox win 7-1

Maybe that's a little too optimistic....

Sox 5-3

Edit: Manny Ramirez 1-3, 3 Errors :o:

That would just make my day!!!!

Fuller_Schettman
10-04-2005, 04:42 PM

I didn't mean after one inning, but hey- I'll take it!

Realist
10-04-2005, 08:07 PM
11-2 a big blowout for the good sox and it makes a statement.:supernana:

ding ding ding... not exact, but close enough