PDA

View Full Version : Weather could be big

hawkjt
10-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Unseasonal warmth and humidity will mean the ball will be flying in Soxpark on tues and wed. Not really a positive however we do hit as many dingers as they do. At least Jose will be loose with the high temps.

Might not mean much but I was looking for fall weather to help our pitching and defense approach. This could be a softball game with a southwest wind. Go Sox.

cheeses_h_rice
10-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Temps are supposed to drop dramatically on Wednesday night, so that game might be in the 60s or even cooler.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Unseasonal warmth and humidity will mean the ball will be flying in Soxpark on tues and wed. Not really a positive however we do hit as many dingers as they do. At least Jose will be loose with the high temps.

Might not mean much but I was looking for fall weather to help our pitching and defense approach. This could be a softball game with a southwest wind. Go Sox.

Actually it will drop into the lower 50s by the time Game 2 is over which will hurt Wakefield's knuckleball.

ilsox7
10-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Actually it will drop into the lower 50s by the time Game 2 is over which will hurt Wakefield's knuckleball.

Except he is not pitching in Game 2. Wells is, unless there has been a change since this morning.

SOXintheBURGH
10-03-2005, 04:30 PM

:dye:

"You mean I'LL hurt Wakefield's knuckle ball."

Cambridge
10-03-2005, 06:06 PM
The weather in Boston may be more of a factor. As of now, the forecast calls for cool weather and rain on Friday into Saturday.

ilsox7
10-03-2005, 06:07 PM
The weather in Boston may be more of a factor. As of now, the forecast calls for cool weather and rain on Friday into Saturday.

That would be great. I am hoping we start seeing snow flurries at some point soon in Chicago.

Law11
10-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Rain due to move in in the late afternoon/evening.
With a 6pm first pitch we will beseeing some rain.

seanpmurphy
10-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Oh no it couldn't be! David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez struck by lightning! ESPN rushes to fill in 15 minutes of highlights that they can't bank on airing ever again.

I like that forecast.

Foulke You
10-03-2005, 07:35 PM
A nice 2 to 3 hour rain delay on Friday would be great. It would force them to show the game at night and those of us who work won't miss a pitch.:smile:

Max Power
10-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Contreras beat the Red Sox when it was 100 degrees in August. He can handle the heat.