PDA

View Full Version : Parking for the Playoffs

Garland_IS_God
10-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Hows the parking situation going to be tomorrow? Is there going to be paid parking like they do for the regular season or will it be like when the Sox and Cubs play at the Cell?

Sad
10-04-2005, 07:06 AM
the SOX website says cash parking is very limited... :?:
can we assume Lot G is still cash?

Lot C?

I plan on arriving 2 1/2 - 3 hours early

steff
10-04-2005, 07:07 AM
C is not cash. Not E or F either. Just get there as early as you can and hope to get a good spot.

Sad
10-04-2005, 07:15 AM
C is not cash. Not E or F either. Just get there as early as you can and hope to get a good spot.

get where as early as we can? :?:
Lot G I'm assuming... where I usually park...

I'll call the SOX & see what they say when they open

steff
10-04-2005, 07:20 AM
get where as early as we can? :?:
Lot G I'm assuming... where I usually park...

I'll call the SOX & see what they say when they open

Call them for what..? They already have details posted on the website. Get in the area and hope for the best. Good grief..

Here's what they are going to tell you... :rolleyes:

Champion Chicago White Sox are making the following recommendations to fans planning to attend this week's Division Series games against the Boston Red Sox:

Game 1 will be played at 3:00 p.m. CT on Tuesday, October 4; Game 2 begins at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 5. Game 5, if necessary, is scheduled for Sunday, October 9.

Fans should arrive at the ballpark early to avoid traffic. Gates to the ballpark will open two hours prior to each game.

The White Sox strongly recommend that fans utilize public transportation. The CTA Red Line stops near the ballpark at 35th Street and the Green Line is two blocks farther east.

Fans driving to the ballpark with a reserved parking coupon should follow the directions on the back of the coupon to reach their assigned parking area. Parking coupons should be displayed prominently as fans approach the ballpark.

Cash parking will be very limited, and fans intending to drive and pay for cash parking should follow directional signs to available lots.

Free shuttle service also will be available both days from Michael Reese Hospital (31st and Cottage Grove) and McCormick Place (31st and Moe Drive).
Tailgating is permitted all three days, and parking lots will open three hours before game time. Tailgating during and after games is prohibited.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, fans can park in Lot A beginning at 6:00 a.m., take the El to work, and return to the ballpark for the game. Lot A is accessible from Wentworth Avenue between 33rd and 35th streets.

The Division Series contests are sold out. If fans are not holding tickets for a game, they should not come to the ballpark. No standing-room tickets will be sold.

Fans holding tickets for the upper level will not be able to access other levels of the ballpark. This policy ensures that fans safely and comfortably enjoy the game with access to the areas of the ballpark where they bought tickets.

Finally, the White Sox ask fans attending games to be respectful of the neighborhood and homes surrounding the ballpark before and after games.

Sad
10-04-2005, 07:38 AM
no kidding... really? looks alot like what I already read on their New Releases section of the website... so they don't actually know yet?

Their problem with this traffic pattern stuff and people missing innings and everything being gridlocked was and continues to be they don't tell non-passholders up front:

WHAT LOTS ARE CASH PARKING?

is it G?
is it L?
do I have to go straight to McCormick?
it's like a bad puzzle sometimes...

yes, good grief indeed. :rolleyes: If people like me actually knew in advance where to go we wouldn't be driving down streets and into areas reserved for parking pass holders.

I always get there early for all games so I'm sure I'll be fine... I just thought somebody might know in advance where to go... evidently not.

steff
10-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Just ASSume.. and you should be just fine.

Sad
10-04-2005, 07:50 AM
Just ASSume.. and you should be just fine.

got it...
& don't be swayed by logic either...

Pulaski
10-04-2005, 08:22 AM

This is what my season ticket rep told me.

"Lots E, F, and L are supposed to be offering cash parking. As always, I suggest arriving at the stadium as early as possible. GO SOX!!!"

Ol' No. 2
10-04-2005, 08:27 AM
CASH PARKING CUSTOMERS
Day-of-game cost to park in U.S. Cellular Field Lots is $17. Fans paying cash may park in lots E, F or L.
Exit I-94 (Dan Ryan Expressway) from either direction at 35th street.
From the north, go straight on Wentworth to 37th street. Turn right on 37th street. Follow parking personnel's instructions into the parking lots.
From the south, turn left onto 35th street and follow over expressway. Turn left onto Wentworth. Go straight on Wentworth to 37th street. Turn right on 37th street. Follow parking personnel's instructions into the parking lots.What is so difficult? The problem is not that they don't let you know which lots are cash. The problem is when people arrive 20 minutes before the game. When the lots fill up there's no place to put the cars and gridlock ensues. Arrive early (at least 1 hr before the game) or take public transportation and you'll be fine. Otherwise, be prepared to miss half the game.

Sad
10-04-2005, 08:43 AM
agreed #2... that's also a big part of the problem... I never understood people arriving last minute for large events like this... in that case you got it coming to you...

What you posted looks like the info that's been on the site all year- which doesn't even reference Lot C or G; both of which are usually also cash parking. (Lot G offered the early bird $8 parking)

Cash at E & F contradicts what Steff posted earlier but at this point I've decided I'll figure it out when I get there. :smile:

just called the park and Lot G is accepting cash today

Go SOX!

steff
10-04-2005, 08:55 AM
This is what my season ticket rep told me.

"Lots E, F, and L are supposed to be offering cash parking. As always, I suggest arriving at the stadium as early as possible. GO SOX!!!"

I think he was mistaken as I have parking passes for E. Possibly F is cash, but based on history, I doubt it. And I agree.. early is best.

SoxFan78
10-04-2005, 09:03 AM
FWIW, I just called the White Sox and lots F, L and G are accepting cash. If I get there two hours beforehand, do you think I could get a spot??

Sad
10-04-2005, 09:29 AM
FWIW, I just called the White Sox and lots F, L and G are accepting cash. If I get there two hours beforehand, do you think I could get a spot??

dunno about F & L- never park there
G you should be good... that's where I'll be...

mpshans
10-04-2005, 09:43 AM
I hope that if I get there early enough to be able to tailgate a bit. Sounds like we might have to be there good and early. I would hate to bring stuff and then not be able to do anything with it.

Sad
10-04-2005, 09:47 AM
dunno
I'm leaving MI. in about 30 minutes
see ya there

Pulaski
10-04-2005, 09:48 AM
I think he was mistaken as I have parking passes for E. Possibly F is cash, but based on history, I doubt it. And I agree.. early is best.

I had a pass last year in Lot E and only 1/2 the lot was for season ticket holders and the rest was Cash.

In the end you are right, EARLY IS BETTER. I am leaving the West Loop in 30 Minutes.