PDA

View Full Version : Dan Patrick calls playing the White Sox "one heck of a consolation prize" for Boston.

cheeses_h_rice
10-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Before launching into 3 straight hours of NFL talk, Patrick was talking about the playoff matchups, and how Boston actually got the better end of the deal by not having to face Anaheim in the ALDS.

chitownhawkfan
10-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Lets see what this Northeast corporate mouthpiece has to say on Monday next week. What a douche!a

MarySwiss
10-03-2005, 02:01 PM
You know, it's getting so I almost look forward to hearing the next stupid pile of garbage spew forth from these mediots. It's gonna make it that much sweeter when we win this whole thing. :cool:

akingamongstmen
10-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Under the Radar: Playoff Edition

Unregistered
10-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Well, look - The Red Sox may have gotten the better end of the deal if for no other reason than the flights from one end of the country to the other. If the Yankees-Angels series goes 5 games, that's a helluva lot of travelling for BOTH teams.

MarySwiss
10-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Well, look - The Red Sox may have gotten the better end of the deal if for no other reason than the flights from one end of the country to the other. If the Yankees-Angels series goes 5 games, that's a helluva lot of travelling for BOTH teams.

There you go being reasonable again! :rolleyes:

Hangar18
10-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Man will the Media and world be STUNNED, if the SOX can beat Boston

Unregistered
10-03-2005, 02:07 PM
There you go being reasonable again! :rolleyes:Yeah, sorry about that. Stupid moment of clarity. :cool:

cheeses_h_rice
10-03-2005, 02:07 PM

Good point, but that isn't what Patrick meant. For some reason, the Angels are considered a much superior team than the White Sox by many in the national media.

SoxSpeed22
10-03-2005, 02:09 PM
I don't see why, because last year, Boston swept LA. David Ortiz hit .545 and Johnny Damon hit .467 and last time I checked, LA has NO ONE that could get those two out. If I was Boston, I would MUCH rather have LA than us.

CHISOXFAN13
10-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Good point, but that isn't what Patrick meant. For some reason, the Angels are considered a much superior team than the White Sox by many in the national media.

I heard his little rant and immediately turned to the FM.

He talks about how they get a nice consolation prize, yet goes on to talk about how the Indians couldn't get it done this weekend. Gee, Dan, you think the White Sox had anything to do with that?

**** the media.

longshot7
10-03-2005, 02:12 PM

WHEN the Sox beat Boston. :smile:

kevingrt
10-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Patrick hates the White Sox... he says all we have to do is just win and then he'll give us respect.

Keep on sucking Francona and Damon and Theo and etc. you ********

pudge
10-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Dan Patrick is right.

Why wouldn't Boston want to go to a hitter's ballpark that is a much shorter plane ride than Anaheim and play a team that has a lousy lineup?

cheeses_h_rice
10-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Dan Patrick is right.

Why wouldn't Boston want to go to a hitter's ballpark that is a much shorter plane ride than Anaheim and play a team that has a lousy lineup?
I don't think "lousy" lineups win 99 games.

:rolleyes:

kittle42
10-03-2005, 02:51 PM

Actually, cheeses, it appears they do, when they are backed by awesome pitching staffs.

OEO Magglio
10-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Dan Patrick is right.

Um.. maybe because they get to face the best overrall staff in the american league?? ANYWAYS, let everyone talk, that's what I've been doing, we don't know who's going to win this series and it should be a very good series but I'm definitely confident in our guys. We'll just do are talking on the field.:smile:

SOXintheBURGH
10-03-2005, 02:56 PM
:walnuts

wdelaney72
10-03-2005, 02:59 PM
I think he's right, but I don't think it was put very well. While I like our starting pitching better than Anaheim, there's is very good and they have a better lineup and a slightly better bullpen. Their closer is as good as it gets (I think he's better than the current day Mariano Rivera.) I think we'll take care of Boston, but beating Anaheim is going to be VERY difficult. I think it will make for the best series in all of the playoffs, but first we need to kick Boston where it hurts.

OEO Magglio
10-03-2005, 03:19 PM
I think he's right, but I don't think it was put very well. While I like our starting pitching better than Anaheim, there's is very good and they have a better lineup and a slightly better bullpen. Their closer is as good as it gets (I think he's better than the current day Mariano Rivera.) I think we'll take care of Boston, but beating Anaheim is going to be VERY difficult. I think it will make for the best series in all of the playoffs, but first we need to kick Boston where it hurts.
There offense is a bit better as I think they scored 13 more runs then us but that's not a huge difference. Also right now their bullpen ain't better then our's for a while now their pen has been pretty damn shaky for whatever the reason. Also, sorry but Krod is no where close to Rivera yet, he's got great stuff but MO is still much, much better.

TheOldRoman
10-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Dan Patrick is right.

:dtroll:

Deuce
10-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Patrick hates the White Sox... he says all we have to do is just win and then he'll give us respect.

How 'bout we just win and he can stick his "respect" where the sun wouldn't want to shine.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2222/patrickfan6jf.png

Stroker Ace
10-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Man will the Media and world be STUNNED, if the SOX can beat BostonIF!?! Don't you mean WHEN!

woodenleg
10-03-2005, 03:35 PM

Not really....something tells me they're just 'saying that' 'cos they have to or something....

'Cos really - would YOU be surprised?

Iguana775
10-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Before launching into 3 straight hours of NFL talk, Patrick was talking about the playoff matchups, and how Boston actually got the better end of the deal by not having to face Anaheim in the ALDS.

That's funny cause the Angels are pretty much the same team as the Real Sox. Good pitching and defense and decent hitting.

AZChiSoxFan
10-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Who's Dan Patrick?

FarWestChicago
10-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Dan Patrick is right.

Why wouldn't Boston want to go to a hitter's ballpark that is a much shorter plane ride than Anaheim and play a team that has a lousy lineup?It's just killing you that you and your Dark Cloud buddies were WRONG about the Sox wining the division. And all of the rest of us are laughing AT you, not with you.

:dumbass:

:darkcloud:

LongLiveFisk
10-03-2005, 05:13 PM

Keep on sucking Francona and Damon and Theo and etc. you ********

Well he's not a winner either. Guess that's reason enough for me to not care about his opinions!

kittle42
10-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Hmm, I don't have any dark cloud buddies. I praised the off-season moves and loved watching this team all year. I just personally think Boston is a bad draw for us and good for them. It's just a different opinion which seems to be in short supply. But, I realize I was too negative in my original statement, so I will word things more reasonably next time.

What team would have been a good draw for us, do you think?

pudge
10-03-2005, 05:41 PM
What team would have been a good draw for us, do you think?

I just don't fear Anaheim for some reason, but lots of people do, so i realize most wouldn't consider them a good draw. I concede that all the teams in the AL post-season are not exactly good draws.

FarWestChicago
10-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Hmm, I don't have any dark cloud buddies.:rolling: :roflmao:

FYI, your posts from this season are all here. :redneck

pudge
10-03-2005, 05:57 PM
:rolling: :roflmao:

FYI, your posts from this season are all here. :redneck

Okay, I just realized I'm the new target of your wrath because I mentioned you on 9/22. I just thought it was funny that when the lead got so small nobody was ripping on the dark clouds anymore. I have made some posts this season because I was disturb at how mean people were treating the dark clouds. (Although I realize some dark clouds deserve to be treated this way.) The thing is, I was not one of those dark clouds. Especially not when we were up 15 games, 10 games or even 5 games. I'll admit I got nervous after the 1st cleveland series and made some "dark cloudish" posts. I'll also admit I have some dark cloud in me right now b/c I just think the best offense in Boston will score runs off our pitching staff. I find it interesting that you replied to my random comment from 9/22 on 9/29 after they won the division. I think you're picking on the wrong guy. You don't have to tell me I told you so, I was making playoff plans long ago. Anyway, that's all, I've said my peace. I want to enjoy our first post-season in five years so I'll keep it positive from here on.

ilsox7
10-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Okay, I just realized I'm the new target of your wrath because I mentioned you on 9/22. I just thought it was funny that when the lead got so small nobody was ripping on the dark clouds anymore. I have made some posts this season because I was disturb at how mean people were treating the dark clouds. The thing is, I was not one of those dark clouds. Especially not when we were up 15 games, 10 games or even 5 games. I'll admit I got nervous after the 1st cleveland series and made some "dark cloudish" posts. I'll also admit I have some dark cloud in me right now b/c I just think the best offense in Boston will score runs off our pitching staff. I find it interesting that you replied to my random comment from 9/22 on 9/29 after they won the division. I think you're picking on the wrong guy. You don't have to tell me I told you so, I was making playoff plans long ago. Anyway, that's all, I've said my peace. I want to enjoy our first post-season in five years so I'll keep it positive from here on.

I would just like to say that I have been ripping on Dark Clouds consistently throughout the season. It's made me a lot of friends here.

oeo
10-03-2005, 06:01 PM

:hawk
"You win 99 games because dammit, you are GOOD!"

MarySwiss
10-03-2005, 06:05 PM
I just don't fear Anaheim for some reason, but lots of people do, so i realize most wouldn't consider them a good draw. I concede that all the teams in the AL post-season are not exactly good draws.

Well, I think the toughest draw in the AL postseason is US. Great pitching, solid defense, know how to manufacture runs, great base-stealing ability, and who's on a bigger roll entering the postseason? Not a strong offense? Well, depends on how you look at it. The Sox do have a low OBP. However, don't I keep hearing we should fear the HR power of Ortiz and Martinez in a hitter's park? Well, we enter the postseason with 199 HRs. The Blow Sawx have 196.

AND I DON'T CARE what the mediots--most of whom are clueless and many of whom have never played the game (equipment manager doesn't count)--say. All that matters is who's still standing at the end of October. And I'm betting--in fact, I did bet--it's the Right Sox.

FarWestChicago
10-03-2005, 06:07 PM
I think you're picking on the wrong guy.I don't, but spin away. :rolleyes:

pudge
10-03-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't, but spin away. :rolleyes:

Cripes it's not like I'm HomeFish or something. I'm going to be so friggin optimistic for the rest of this week, you'll start to wish I was a dark cloud. :smile:

NDSox12
10-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Let's not forget that Dan Patrick is one of the reason's why Frank Thomas didn't win the 2000 MVP. He was the leader of the Jason Giambi fan club and was practically campaigning for Giambi to win the MVP.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in anything he says.

FarWestChicago
10-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Cripes it's not like I'm HomeFish or something.This is true. HomeFish and Killa are in a class of their own. Only Lip can out perform them. :redneck

JohnBasedowYoda
10-03-2005, 06:55 PM
we'll never get any
'spect!

http://www.lookalikes-susanscott.co.uk/Images%2010_03/Resized%20Comedy/Ali%20G%20-%20Ray%20Wade.jpg

fquaye149
10-03-2005, 07:44 PM
we'll never get any
'spect!

booyakasha

batmanZoSo
10-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. Stupid moment of clarity. :cool:

Yeah, don't be rational or anything. Everyone's out to get us, remember? :rolleyes: