PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Bar Question

FoulTerritory
10-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Will the Bullpen Bar be open for the playoff games. And if it is, will the outdoor tiered seating be available per usual?

I remember that Gatoraide rented out the entire Bar for the All-Star game, and so it was off limits to general fans. I'm wondering what the situation is for these playoff games -- especially regarding the upper level seating area that you have to pay like 15 bucks for. My seats are in the corner of the stadium for the games, so I'd get in line at 9am if I had a chance to sit above the bar at those tables.

na_na_na_na
10-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Like many others I plan on trying for Bull Pen bar deck seats. see you in line.

MUsoxfan
10-03-2005, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the upper level of the Bullpen Bar is corporate for the playoffs as well. Those are prime seats

BainesHOF
10-03-2005, 11:33 AM
I'd assume the Bullpen Bar and the Fan Deck will not be available for regular fans.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-03-2005, 11:42 AM
How does the seats for the bullpen bar work (for regular season purposes)? I have always wondered is it first come first serve, do they reserve tables or do you have to bribe an usher or someone? And do you have to run down to the bar in full riot mode when the gates open or is the line before the gate opens respected when it comes to getting the seats.

I usually get lower deck seats when they are available but I wouldn't mind trying out the bar when I am stuck with only uppers somewhere down the road.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

FoulTerritory
10-03-2005, 12:25 PM
How does the seats for the bullpen bar work (for regular season purposes)? I have always wondered is it first come first serve, do they reserve tables or do you have to bribe an usher or someone? And do you have to run down to the bar in full riot mode when the gates open or is the line before the gate opens respected when it comes to getting the seats.

I usually get lower deck seats when they are available but I wouldn't mind trying out the bar when I am stuck with only uppers somewhere down the road.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

When the park opens, you go to the margarita stand in the back of the bullpen bar (through gate 2), and there they sell wrist bands for the outdoor tiered seating area. It costs 15 dollars per person I believe. When the park is packed, it is usually necessary to be there when the gates open in order to get a wrist band, but on weekdays, its not that difficult.

na_na_na_na
10-03-2005, 01:30 PM
For the best chance go to the southside of the stadium gate 1

fado
10-03-2005, 02:08 PM
I spoke to a friend of mine within the organization about trying to do the same thing and he said that they actually sold the patio and the bullpen for events similar to what they did for the all-star game. But I'm still going to try until they tell me to go away.

FoulTerritory
10-03-2005, 05:19 PM
I just called the White Sox general offices, and the woman said that the Bullpen bar WOULD be open, but she THOUGHT that the outdoor tables were reserved and off limits to common folk. When I pressed her to verify the latter seeing as though she wasn't certain, she gave me attitude, so I hung up. lol. So there you have it.

dllrbll7
10-11-2005, 08:27 AM
I just called the White Sox general offices, and the woman said that the Bullpen bar WOULD be open, but she THOUGHT that the outdoor tables were reserved and off limits to common folk. When I pressed her to verify the latter seeing as though she wasn't certain, she gave me attitude, so I hung up. lol. So there you have it.

Anyone confirm the bullpen bar status during the last round of the playoffs? What about the fan deck?

Cat Thief
10-11-2005, 08:50 AM
I was down there for Game 2 and it looked like a private thing to me. There were kids out there.

The seats right behind the fence inside were open to the public. Those are not that bad.

biznuts81
10-11-2005, 08:57 AM
I went up on the Fan Deck during game one. It appeared open to the public during game two, but I didn't go up there.

mandmandm
10-11-2005, 09:06 AM
I heard from a fellow season ticket holder that the bullpen bar would be closed to the common folk should the Sox make it to the world series.

ChicagoHoosier
10-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Bullpen bar, at least in one of the games (can't recall which) was EMPTY on the top tier before the game started, so I was pretty sure it had been reserved or I would have seen more people. It filled up right at gametime, so I think it was a corporate function. Always good to call and ask.

Dolanski
10-11-2005, 09:50 AM
The tables are booked. A season ticket holder I know bought a back row, ground level table for $5,000 for the entire postseason after he complained to the ticket office that his seats for the playoffs were all over the place. Somehow, 5Gs doesn't sound like too much money right now...