PDA

View Full Version : One More Day To Go...

house215
10-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Every since the All Star Break I have been waiting for the playoffs to come and now that they start tomorrow I couldn't be more anxious. I could barely sleep last night and today my jaw is sore from grinding my teeth. In class today I had the hardest time focusing, I know if the Sox advance through the playoffs further into the playoffs it will mess up my GPA... but its so worth it.

Anyways, with one day to go, how are you guys all holding up? How is it affecting your "normal" lives?

eriqjaffe
10-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Amazingly, I'm much more relaxed about the playoffs than I was during August and September. I have a very good feeling about the playoffs, actually. I think the Sox have the pitching to go deep.

MUsoxfan
10-03-2005, 11:32 AM
I just keep listening to the soundtrack for the pregame/introduction videos to keep myself pumped up. I don't want my heartbeat to slow down. I know I won't sleep tonight

BainesHOF
10-03-2005, 11:37 AM
It's like waiting for Christmas.

palehozenychicty
10-03-2005, 12:25 PM
i feel the same way, about being so gassed that i can't sleep. when you live in the northeast, with the nyc media blowhards, it only fuels the anxiety. They really think that there'll be a NY-Carmines Part III. They'll be crying because both of them are going to lose. I firmly believe that we will stun the baseball world not once, nor twice, but thrice. Chicago will be celebrating.

OEO Magglio
10-03-2005, 12:27 PM
This is going to be the longest day ever.

robiwho
10-03-2005, 12:28 PM

That's exactly how I feel. I'm positively giddy when I think about being there tomorrow!

Sad
10-03-2005, 12:46 PM
I aint gonna get much sleep tonite that's for sure...
gotta come into work for a few hours tomorrow before hitting the highway

picked up a new Weber Smokey Joe grill & cheddar brats in honor of the occasion:D:
(retired the other one after 12 or so years of use... RIP old friend)
plan to season it and put a few test brats on it tonite
drink a few cold ones and pack what I need for tomorrow
(sounds like shorts- instead of jacket-weather)

my5thbench
10-03-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty calm....I really believe that the Sox will take out
Boston in 4 games

BRDSR
10-03-2005, 12:58 PM

Yeah, like waiting for a Christmas that only comes 8 times in over 100 years. I haven't been this pumped for Christmas since I was four or five years old.

I've got a 10 AM exam tomorrow. I don't know how I'm possibly going to focus on it. Fortunately it shouldn't be too tough and a lot of it is multiple choice, which are easier to concentrate on. After that, it's a two hour drive to Sox park for a 3 oclock start. I definitely wasn't this pumped for the 2000 playoffs.

slobes
10-03-2005, 01:08 PM
I've told my teachers that I won't be at school later in the day due to an "orthodontist appointment"

veeter
10-03-2005, 01:10 PM
I think Boston is the toughest draw possible, so I'm pretty calm cause I'm not expecting much. I like the Boston draw. I hated their pitching before the year started and I still do. I think our Sox are going to score a lot of runs this series. White Sox in four.

skobabe8
10-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Yeah, like waiting for a Christmas that only comes 8 times in over 100 years. I haven't been this pumped for Christmas since I was four or five years old.

I've got a 10 AM exam tomorrow. I don't know how I'm possibly going to focus on it. Fortunately it shouldn't be too tough and a lot of it is multiple choice, which are easier to concentrate on. After that, it's a two hour drive to Sox park for a 3 oclock start. I definitely wasn't this pumped for the 2000 playoffs.

Man...hows it gonna feel when you walk out of that building after your test and the sun hits you in the face and you know the only thing you have left to do that day is go to a playoff game on the south side of Chicago?!?!?!

Law11
10-03-2005, 01:26 PM
I've told my teachers that I won't be at school later in the day due to an "orthodontist appointment"

I came right out and told my boss I'm either gonna be on MLB.com here at work getting nothing done or going home at 2...

She said whattya nuts? Just go home to watch it.

Helps that the whole company has me pinned as the biggest Sox fan here at our corporate offices. A company of 2500 people.

I'm a graphic artist by profession and made up some mini-AL Central Champs pennants for folks to print out and put up in their cubes. Pretty cool too see who are the Sox fans here.

mike squires
10-03-2005, 01:32 PM

I just hope it's not opeing a present only to find a pair of socks...

jenn2080
10-03-2005, 01:35 PM
i just got back from the sox rally. it is so good to see this city in sox gear right now...even though some are fair weather fans. i cant wait for tomorrow already. the next 24 hrs are going to be ridiculously long!!!!!!!!! what a great series this is going to be!!!!!!!!

pudge
10-03-2005, 01:36 PM
I like the Boston draw. I hated their pitching before the year started and I still do. I think our Sox are going to score a lot of runs this series. White Sox in four.

That seems to be the consensus around here. I hope it's true!

woodenleg
10-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Yeah...I'm so excited - I can't wait to listen to the game from my cubicle.

And I wonder how many other people in offices all over Chicago will be doing the same....I'm sure 'inquiring minds' would like to know which three Sox fans will be listening in their offices tomorrow.

Oh, but perhaps I should just quit 'whining'.

Iwritecode
10-03-2005, 02:48 PM
I just hope it's not opeing a present only to find a pair of socks...

As long as the sock aren't red, I'll be happy to have them!

Speaking of presents, I want to make one request.

For my B-day this year I would like a White Sox victory. IIRC, in their entire history they have never won a game on my B-day.

It's on October 21. I'll even take it a day late since the WS starts on the 22. :cool:

Jerko
10-03-2005, 02:54 PM
i just got back from the sox rally. it is so good to see this city in sox gear right now...even though some are fair weather fans. i cant wait for tomorrow already. the next 24 hrs are going to be ridiculously long!!!!!!!!! what a great series this is going to be!!!!!!!!

True, and you can tell the fair-weathers a mile away. Like you said it's REALLY gonna be a long 24 hours. I'm already psyched out to the point that I'm bouncing off walls just waiting for this game to start. I need to give myself a timeout and get some stuff done here at work before I leave though since i am NOT coming in tomorrow.

boiler up
10-03-2005, 02:54 PM
i havn't done crap today at work except read articles about the sox

ChiSoxGirl
10-03-2005, 02:57 PM
i havn't done crap today at work except read articles about the sox

I stay logged into WSI all day long and refresh the page whenever I have a break between teaching classes, but today... well, today I've spent more time at my computer refreshing this website than normal. :wink: Good thing the kids have managed to keep themselves occupied because their Computer teacher has other things on her mind these days! :bandance: