PDA

View Full Version : Yankees mad at Schowalter

mrfourni
10-03-2005, 10:13 AM
The yanks are mad that Schowalter removed his players costing the yanks hfa.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2179632

Hangar18
10-03-2005, 10:22 AM

ESPN and Mike "I-take-way-too-long-to-make-my-point" Greenberg also
made sure to rip on the Rangers for putting a B Lineup out there. Notice how in 2003, not one network, not one media outlet, not a single writer Ripped on the Pittsburgh Pirates or CIncy Reds for Running B & C lineups against the Cubs down the whole stretch in September. Instead, the cubs were regaled as "mighty" and "historical". Who says the Media doesnt love the cubs?

The Dude
10-03-2005, 10:30 AM

This is getting ridiculous! Whine, bitch, & moan for the poor poor Yankees, and Red Sox. If it were a move that favored them, thats just baseball. Win your damn games and you dont have to rely on others. Typical ESPN/National Media bull****.
I sure as hell hope the ALCS is LA/White Sox and NLCS is Houston/Padres with a Padres/White Sox World Series! That would be a ratings nightmare.:D:

dickallen15
10-03-2005, 10:31 AM
If home field was really that important to NY, maybe they should have gone with their original starter Mussina, than scratch him for Wright.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-03-2005, 10:51 AM
If home field was really that important to NY, maybe they should have gone with their original starter Mussina, than scratch him for Wright.
Amen! Take care of your own business, as the White Sox did in securing home field advantage for themselves (albeit with a AAA team and B team respectively). Bunch of whiners and excuse-makers; it really shouldn't surprise me anymore how much the sCrUBS, Blow Sawx, and Yankmees have in common.

cleanwsox
10-03-2005, 11:06 AM
At least Cashman showed some dignity in that article, saying if the Yankees had won one more game, they wouldn't of had to worry about it. I've always respected Cashman and here is just another example. I still hate the Yankees though and will be rooting for the Angels this week.

samram
10-03-2005, 11:07 AM

Right, or they could beat the D-Rays every once in a while. The Rangers aren't being paid to make sure the Yankees have home field advantage in one round of the playoffs.

DumpJerry
10-03-2005, 12:10 PM
This it the team that was mired below .500 early in the season? Cashman is right, they brought this on themselves.

Unregistered
10-03-2005, 01:06 PM
I sure as hell hope the ALCS is LA/White Sox and NLCS is Houston/Padres with a Padres/White Sox World Series! That would be a ratings nightmare.:D:Are you kidding me? By the time the World Series starts, everyone in the world would have heard about the poor White Sox and how they haven't won the World Series in 80+ years. Only when they NEED them would the National Media jump on the Sox bandwagon. :rolleyes:

AZChiSoxFan
10-03-2005, 01:07 PM
The most pathetic part of the article was A-Fraud whining about the "code of honor." What a complete tool. Hey Alex, does that "code of honor" have anything to say about trying to knock the ball out of fielder's glove after you hit a weak dribbler?

tstrike2000
10-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Thank you for posting this article because I was going to. I laughed my rear end off when I read this. It's like take responsibility for your own team and stop worrying about other people. For Torre and Gay-Rod, if your egotistical 200-million dollar payroll played what they are getting paid, this wouldn't be an issue. At least Cashman made the correct statement in that his team should've won more games if they wanted home field advantage.

Law11
10-03-2005, 01:29 PM
All the Yankmees had to do was not get swept by KC or win 1 more game vs Tampa.. It's their own doing. Not the Rangers..

dcb33
10-03-2005, 01:41 PM
The Angels were a wicked 13-4 against the Rangers going into yesterday's game. What makes these buffoons think the Angels, playing for homefield in at least the first round, wouldn't have won even if Buck left his regulars in?

Ol' No. 2
10-03-2005, 01:52 PM
If home field was really that important to NY, maybe they should have gone with their original starter Mussina, than scratch him for Wright.Ding, ding! We have a winner. How hypocritical to pull your starter, then complain that you lost homefield advantage because the Rangers used their B lineup.:rolleyes:

spawn
10-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Instead of crying about Showalter, the Yankees should look in the mirror...after all, they were the ones to lose the season series against the DRays...they were the ones to get swept by the Royals. And as was mentioned before: if home-field was so important, then why didn't they start Mussina, who is arguably their best pitcher, instead of Jarret Wright? Why depend on somenoe else to do your work for you? What a bunch of babies...:rolleyes:

RedPinStripes
10-03-2005, 02:09 PM
They should be taking the time thanking the White Sox for sweeping the Indians. What a Cinderella story it would be to kock off the Red Sox and then beat the Yankees to go on to the WS.

veeter
10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Urinate on the Yankmees.

HotelWhiteSox
10-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Did Selig install some new rule that every team owes it to give the Yankees and Red Sox the biggest advantage as possible? It was a joke when Selig said the Sox should start regulars and this is as well. It's our team, you reap what you sow, the Sox have flexibility to do whatever they want, and the sucky teams can play their minor leaguers and judge talent if they want to. Great point by whoever made it that if the Yankees were serious of HFA they would've started Mussina

popilius
10-03-2005, 03:42 PM
"Code of honor" A-Rod says? What a joke! Cashman actually has the best quote in the column: "If we had won one more game, we wouldn't have to be worried about what anybody else did."

That's right. . . the White Sox didn't have to depend on codes of honor because they won 99 games, not 95 like the Yankees.

:gulp:

Paulwny
10-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Mike Francessa, Mike and the Mad Dog Show, WFAN / YES Net, huge yankee fan.

He was livid yesterday, he doesn't want to hear the griping. ~ If that game was so important why didn't they start Mussina?,How late into the morning did the players party the night before?, it looked like they were going through the motions.
A caller to the show, ~ The yanks talk integrity of the game, wasn't their obligation to start Mussina, since Cleveland was not yet elliminated ?

Francessa ~ If the series goes 5 games and the yanks lose the 5th game in Calif, look for George to ask,~ " Why were the players allowed to party before such a big game for home field advantage?"

TDog
10-04-2005, 11:32 AM

My thoughts exactly. No reason to win when someone else can win for you. And curse them if they don't.

MHOUSE
10-04-2005, 06:08 PM
I read that article and laughed pretty hard. There's no reason for the Yankees to even make this argument. If they wanted home field then they shouldn't have partied so hard after falling ass-backward into the AL East title. Instead, they mailed it in on Sunday, lost by 9 runs, and then griped that Showalter gave his three big stars an early hook to get a little ovation from the fans.

Screw the Yankees. "Code of Honor" my butt A-Rod. You're the jagoff who tried to knock the ball away from Arroyo in the ALCS and then act perplexed when the umps make the correct by-the-book call. Stupid Yankmees. I hope the Angels sweep them.

dickallen15
10-04-2005, 08:03 PM
I read that article and laughed pretty hard. There's no reason for the Yankees to even make this argument. If they wanted home field then they shouldn't have partied so hard after falling ass-backward into the AL East title. Instead, they mailed it in on Sunday, lost by 9 runs, and then griped that Showalter gave his three big stars an early hook to get a little ovation from the fans.

Screw the Yankees. "Code of Honor" my butt A-Rod. You're the jagoff who tried to knock the ball away from Arroyo in the ALCS and then act perplexed when the umps make the correct by-the-book call. Stupid Yankmees. I hope the Angels sweep them.

Considering Boston was still playing for a wild card with Cleveland, why didn't the Yankees invoke the "code of honor" and play their entire first string, including Mussina? Isn't it funny a team with a $210 million payroll is crying because other teams aren't giving them much help?

RKMeibalane
10-04-2005, 08:22 PM
The Yankees need to worry more about themselves. Every team plays 162 games during the course of a baseball season. The Yankees had exactly that many games to take care of business, and they didn't get it done. Whining about one game isn't worth it.