PDA

View Full Version : NY Times hints Steinbrenner losing his memory

Fenway
10-03-2005, 11:12 AM
The writer never mentions the dreaded AD but if this is indeed the case it is very sad.

The Boss Is Getting Old, but He's Still on the Ball (http://docs.newsbank.com/openurl?ctx_ver=z39.88-2004&rft_id=info:sid/iw.newsbank.com:NewsBank:NYTB&rft_val_format=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:ctx&rft_dat=10CFE4E3A6B23C18&svc_dat=InfoWeb:aggregated4&req_dat=0F4281F45DEEBE2F)

Although the Yankees repeatedly deny that the 75-year-old Steinbrenner has any health problems or is even experiencing aging deficiencies, he has exhibited difficulty recognizing people. Recently he did not know Reggie Jackson when he saw him, and earlier in the season he passed me in the Yankee Stadium press box without knowing who I was. We have known each other for more than 30 years.

DaleJRFan
10-03-2005, 11:31 AM
The writer never mentions the dreaded AD but if this is indeed the case it is very sad.

Whether you hate him or not, this is very sad. I hate seeing people go out this way.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Sad article but to prove George still has something left he recommended a knuckle ball pitcher for batting practice which is something I never thought of.

Hey Lip - Could Wilber Wood be enticed to go to Boston for Game 3?