PDA

View Full Version : If you needed ANOTHER reason to not read ESPN.com

hawkeyesox17
10-03-2005, 08:59 AM
this is from the page 2 daily quickie:

White Sox/Red Sox: If novelty is your thing, Chicago as champs would be even more so than Boston in '04. Of course, no one gives the South Siders a chance. Nor should they.
(Pick: Red Sox in 4.)

Of course, he also has the yanks winning in 5

Yikes, they can't start making the Boston/ New York headlines soon enough. :rolleyes:

Iwritecode
10-03-2005, 09:10 AM
That's funny because I was watching Sportscenter or BBTN (can't remember which) and they actually said that the White Sox should be favored in this series. :o:

Guess they didn't get the memo...

Uncle_Patrick
10-03-2005, 09:43 AM
That's funny because I was watching Sportscenter or BBTN (can't remember which) and they actually said that the White Sox should be favored in this series. :o:

Guess they didn't get the memo...

During the Read Sox/Yankees game, Joe Morgan said that the White Sox would have to be favored in a White Sox/Red Sox series. I heard somewhere that Peter Gammons even predicted a White Sox/Angels ALCS.

:boston

"Sorry, you misunderstand. I was predicting ESPN's worst nightmare."

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-03-2005, 10:23 AM
During the Read Sox/Yankees game, Joe Morgan said that the White Sox would have to be favored in a White Sox/Red Sox series. I heard somewhere that Peter Gammons even predicted a White Sox/Angels ALCS.

:boston

"Sorry, you misunderstand. I was predicting ESPN's worst nightmare."

:moron
"ESPN would NEVER allow the BallMall Wheeze Sox versus the Team in Anaheim, formerly in Los Angeles of Anaheim, AKA the California Angels. How else could I justify my bloated salary, and head, for that matter?"

SoxFan76
10-03-2005, 12:16 PM
I had Sportscenter on a few seconds ago thinking they HAVE to talk about the White Sox. They talked about the Red Sox and their wild card celebration, then they said they were going over to another reporter to talk about the White Sox. Well they didn't, they talked about Cleveland choking. No mention of the White Sox. No mention of the AL's best team.

I know, I know. What else is new...

StrTrkker
10-03-2005, 12:25 PM
I had Sportscenter on a few seconds ago thinking they HAVE to talk about the White Sox. They talked about the Red Sox and their wild card celebration, then they said they were going over to another reporter to talk about the White Sox. Well they didn't, they talked about Cleveland choking. No mention of the White Sox. No mention of the AL's best team.

I know, I know. What else is new...

I saw that too...Unreal.

PorkChopExpress
10-03-2005, 12:34 PM
After the Sox game yesterday, I turned on ESPN just to watch a little more baseball, and see what people would be saying about the SOX-Sawx series to come. Well, I do not know who was announcing, but they mispronounced Beuhrle's name, didn't know the name of the ballpark in which we play without having to look it up, and had no idea as to our likely game 1 starter (everyone around here knew it was almost definitely Contreras after the second half he had). And that was all in one exchange. I proceeded to watch the game without volume and listend to AM1000 instead.

And I know, "who cares," but the simple fact is that I care. Sure, we can win it all and show them, but that doesn't change the fact that we've been getting dissed all year, both the players and the fans. As a fan of the team who held the best record in the AL for almost the entire season, if not the entire season, I feel that ESPN's ignorance to the team is an insult, and no one likes to be insulted.

dakuda
10-03-2005, 04:01 PM
As a fan of the team who held the best record in the AL for almost the entire season, if not the entire season, I feel that ESPN's ignorance to the team is an insult, and no one likes to be insulted.

The Sox had the best record in the AL all season long, best record in the MLB for quite a long time as well.