PDA

View Full Version : **** I Cant Take It!

RedPinStripes
10-03-2005, 01:15 AM
I've really started to not like espn for their love of the Yankees or Red Sox over the last few years, but tonight I'm starting to hate ESPN. Yeah, that's a strong word.

I'm trying to watch some National league coverage and all they keep talking about is the Yankees and Red Sox and what they have to do to win. I don't watch the NL much so I'd like some ****ing coverage on it since they're supposed to keep baseball fans informed. It's truly amazing how that network is run.

My girlfriend really hates Red Sox fans after seeing the way they acted at the Cell last year and she notices that whenever you turn on Dan Patrick, Espn on TV or, Classic sports, usually you will hear something about NY or ****in chowerheads. We flip channels sometimes inbetween comercials of the Sox game just to laugh at how many channels have something east coast happening on there.

They really need to branch out different shows to the mid west and west on TV. I know the people on the West Coast epecially get pissed off about the way espn operates.

ilsox7
10-03-2005, 01:18 AM
ESPN is pretty much good for college football and that is about it. I watched some of the Sox game on ESPN2 today b/c I also wanted to see what else was going on around the meaningful games. That's probably the first baseball-related thing I have watched on ESPN all year, minus maybe 1 or 2 Sox games.

They have completely turned into a tabloid and it's funny b/c so many people are finally starting to realize it. Some smart person with a lot of money would be wise to make an attack on ESPN. There is a market to be had for an actual All Sports Network.

chitownhawkfan
10-03-2005, 01:24 AM
I think people on the West Coast would argue with the idea of ESPN giving fair media coverage. Outside of Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and USC they completely ignore the PAC 10.

chitownhawkfan
10-03-2005, 01:26 AM
But I agree, now would be the perfect time for Comcast to expand into more markets. I know FSN tried, but their quality was just way too crappy. Comcast does a great job, why watch ESPN Sportscenter when I can just read WSI and watch Sportsnite. It is the only station I get my sports from. Good riddance ESPN.

cleanwsox
10-03-2005, 09:07 AM
I wish they had something like the NFL Network for MLB. I have really layed off of ESPN a lot this year and will probably continue to do so. It's only fun watching that station after the Sox beat one of their poster childs and they have to play the highlights.

SOXintheBURGH
10-03-2005, 09:14 AM
I think people on the West Coast would argue with the idea of ESPN giving fair media coverage. Outside of Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and USC they completely ignore the PAC 10.

Don't forget that Washington vs. Notre Dame was the Orange Bowl because it was Tyrone Willingham against his old team... God that got old quick.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-03-2005, 10:25 AM
I wish they had something like the NFL Network for MLB. I have really layed off of ESPN a lot this year and will probably continue to do so. It's only fun watching that station after the Sox beat one of their poster childs and they have to play the highlights.

They do - it is called MLB.tv and you can get it online. They have free 1/2 hour highlight shows the next day. You can also access plays of the day for a specific game. If you pay for the subscription you have access to everygame (though local games face a blackout but you can watch the achieves).

I suggest people check it out - Same / Better highlights, no garbage ESPN announcing.

I won't purchase cable - I don't want my money going to organizations like Disney owned ESPN.

DaleJRFan
10-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey, at least Steve Phillips picked the Sox to win over the Red CUbs lastnight on BBTN.

The Dude
10-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Even during the NASCAR race, they posted an update and the announcers said that the Indians just lost to the Chicago White Sox which means, the RED SOX ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!! Sickening.:angry: During a ****ing NASCAR RACE!!!!

D. TODD
10-03-2005, 10:40 AM
But I agree, now would be the perfect time for Comcast to expand into more markets. I know FSN tried, but their quality was just way too crappy. Comcast does a great job, why watch ESPN Sportscenter when I can just read WSI and watch Sportsnite. It is the only station I get my sports from. Good riddance ESPN. Comcast is more small time then FSN. They would have a very difficult time battling ESPN. I defiantly see more Red Sox & Yankee coverage, but like it or not they get higher ratings. This is capitalism at its best, or worse depending on how you look at it. I for one will not whine about ESPN liking another team better then mine.

cleanwsox
10-03-2005, 01:21 PM
They do - it is called MLB.tv and you can get it online. They have free 1/2 hour highlight shows the next day. You can also access plays of the day for a specific game. If you pay for the subscription you have access to everygame (though local games face a blackout but you can watch the achieves).

I suggest people check it out - Same / Better highlights, no garbage ESPN announcing.

I won't purchase cable - I don't want my money going to organizations like Disney owned ESPN.

I have MLB.tv and it's great for out of towners, but you don't get the special shows like you do with the NFL Network. You don't get every post-game news conference and the inside analysis. Plus watching on your computer isn't really the same as turning on the TV, at least quality wise.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-03-2005, 01:36 PM
I have MLB.tv and it's great for out of towners, but you don't get the special shows like you do with the NFL Network.

I like their highlight show. Do you ever watch the classic games - another great feature. The only thing that sucks is they produce three weekly shows - For the Mets (which I like) and of course the ESPN two teams. I won't purchase cable so I don't know what the NFL network offers (I don't follow the NFL). IIRC Baseball is trying to put their own cable network together.

Plus watching on your computer isn't really the same as turning on the TV, at least quality wise.

Picture quality (and size) yes I agree. Quality as far as programing (insert Kruk, Reynolds, Morgan, Gammons, et al) - MLB.tv is light years ahead of ESPN.

tstrike2000
10-03-2005, 01:47 PM
ESPN seems pretty good for college football, basketball coverage and Gary Thorne and Bill Clement for hockey. The rest of their coverage is tabloid garbage. They could probably can the rest of em, starting with pretty much the entire BBTN crew.

eurotrash35
10-03-2005, 02:59 PM
I pretty much stopped watching BBTN and Sportscenter altogether a couple of years ago when they rolled out their new ADD format with even shorter game highlights and more "top plays" clip reels and people arguing about nothing at all.

They seem to have lost sight of what the hell they're doing. Their attitude now is SC is the show, and sports are peripheral. I'm sure they're killing in the under 20 demographic and those with sub-80 IQs but most people I know can't stand it anymore.

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Hey, at least Steve Phillips picked the Sox to win over the Red CUbs lastnight on BBTN.

Yes,but Harold Reynolds,who has been a staunch White Sox supporter
(one of the few on that god awful network) picked the Red sCrUBS
"because they're the champs".

Yes,Harold,they are the champs,BUT THEIR BULLPEN BLOWS CHUNKS!!:angry: :angry:

Just pray Contreras,Beuhrle,Garcia and Garland can limit the
Ramirez/Ortiz gopher balls to solo shots.