PDA

View Full Version : what will our fans be like?

mike squires
10-03-2005, 01:36 AM
Ok, I know our fans have had little to cheer about during past playoff home games. I recall Sox fans being loud but not to the point of the Cleveland series where everyone was standing and anticipating something happening. I'm not a fan of the thunderstix, but taking those in consideration, the GO GO Sox song they've played, The video montage and AC/DC song they play to start things off...what do you anticipate our crowd being like?

peeonwrigley
10-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Flub fans cheering for their New England bretheren.

I think the crowd will be racous. I also think there will be pockets of Red Cub fans which will motivate our fans to get louder. The games against Cleveland and Minnesota set the stage for our fans to do their best to influence "meaningful" games. I would bet the fans will help, especially Wednesday for the night game.

RedPinStripes
10-03-2005, 01:54 AM
Guess we'll have to look in the UD for all the true Sox fans. :?:

From what I gather, that's where all the season ticket holders are. I guess ESPN has the whole lower bowl for Red Cub coverage.

DSpivack
10-03-2005, 02:03 AM
We'll be more raucous than we've been in years [since 1993?]...especially for Game 2. There is nothing like a packed night game at USCF.

OEO Magglio
10-03-2005, 02:11 AM

That's where I am. The place will be rocking, our fans get ridiculously loud even when there is a small group at the game.

TheOldRoman
10-03-2005, 03:00 AM

From what I gather, that's where all the season ticket holders are. I guess ESPN has the whole lower bowl for Red Cub coverage.
Season ticket holders weren't given their regular season seats?

MUsoxfan
10-03-2005, 03:03 AM

From what I understand (as a non-season tix holder), they were given seats as close to their actual seats as possible and then put in a lottery for an option to buy UD seats if they chose to do so.

I may be completely wrong, but this is how I understood it from a friend of mine that's a season tix holder

TheOldRoman
10-03-2005, 03:14 AM
From what I understand (as a non-season tix holder), they were given seats as close to their actual seats as possible and then put in a lottery for an option to buy UD seats if they chose to do so.

I may be completely wrong, but this is how I understood it from a friend of mine that's a season tix holder
I knew there was a lottery to buy extra upperdeck tickets. I was talking about the placement for the first set. If they take away a season ticket holder's seat, say, over the Sox dugout and stick them in the left field corner, that would be really shady. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Did you get your same lowerdeck seat?

Chez
10-03-2005, 08:54 AM

You are completely wrong. I received my same seats for the playoffs (section 137) and was given the right to purchase four more (the same number of season tickets I have) in the lower deck for the ALDS and ALCS. The Sox take care of their season ticket base. Always.

steff
10-03-2005, 08:56 AM

We got our seats plus extras in the lower bowl. There was no lottery for extra tickets either.

BeviBall!
10-03-2005, 09:08 AM
We'll be more raucous than we've been in years [since 1993?]...especially for Game 2. There is nothing like a packed night game at USCF.

If it doesn't rain... forcast calls for T-storms. Another ESPN/FOX conspiracy

Pulaski
10-03-2005, 09:14 AM

I have my same seats for every ALDS, ALCS and WS games.

I WILL BRING THE NOISE!

Pulaski
10-03-2005, 09:15 AM
We got our seats plus extras in the lower bowl. There was no lottery for extra tickets either.

I got extras as well in the lower reserved. I am glad I bought the Grinder plan in late June.

MeteorsSox4367
10-03-2005, 09:54 AM
After I wipe the tears out of my eyes from watching the video montage and just getting emotional about the whole concept of the Sox in the playoffs, I'll be loud and ready. Lots of tea and honey for the voice before and after the game. This'll likely be my one chance to see the Sox live in the playoffs and will be the first time ever.

I was there in '83 when they beat the Mariners to win the division and I went nuts. Granted, I'm not in high school anymore, but I'm still passionate about the Sox.

This is our year!!! Go Sox!!!

Paxson93
10-03-2005, 10:03 AM
I have a spilt season ticket plan (Hit &Run) and do not have my same seats obviously, but do have seats in the LD. In 2003 we got UD tickets & I heard for the split season plans they upgrade based on how long you have been a season ticketholder. I'm happy with it!

We are trying to come up with sign ideas for the games..... any have any good suggestions?

harwar
10-03-2005, 10:05 AM
There is no question that we are going to be extremely loud and out of control with excitement.
I mean i find my self throwing my hands in the air and yelling GO WHITE SOX everytime they are mentioned and thats just sitting at home.
I'm already out of control and i imaging that its going to be unbelievable out there tomorrow.

1951Campbell
10-03-2005, 10:53 AM
We are trying to come up with sign ideas for the games..... any have any good suggestions?

Annoy the Media
Root for the White Sox

Cellview22
10-03-2005, 11:42 AM
It would be sweet if all the fans are there before the first pitch. Most often because of the traffic nightmare around the Cell, it's a late arriving crowd. If everyone's there in their seats standing and going wild from the first pitch, I'm gonna get chills just watching it. It'll be louder and more electric than any games we've ever seen there.

peeonwrigley
10-03-2005, 12:13 PM
It would be sweet if all the fans are there before the first pitch. Most often because of the traffic nightmare around the Cell, it's a late arriving crowd. If everyone's there in their seats standing and going wild from the first pitch, I'm gonna get chills just watching it. It'll be louder and more electric than any games we've ever seen there.

This will never happen because of 1.) Bullpen Sports Bar 2.) Fundamentals 3.) Traffic geniuses rerouting people in circles 4.) Stadium Club 5.) General hanging out in the concourse/fandeck.

Its a nice thought, but the playoffs will bring in many more casual (yet well connected) fans. There's tons to distract them, but as long as the game is close I would think the majority of the crowd will get into it early and often.

HoosierHerb
10-03-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm going on Wed. I'm driving up from Indy for the game, I plan on getting there plenty early, heading to the bullpen sports bar for pregame food and being loud and in my seat for the entire game (minus restroom breaks and food runs). I'm not taking a day off work and driving 400 round trip miles to be an apathetic fan. GO SOX!!!:supernana:

Muopsies
10-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Since I'm 2,500 miles away and would give my left arm to go, the next best thing will be to hear a loud "boston sucks" chant after a big out or a homer. I'll be there in spirit, listening at work.