PDA

View Full Version : 9 Games are nothing

DumpJerry
10-02-2005, 11:38 PM
So, when it was all said and done, the alleged choke job by our heroes resulted in a loss of 9 games in the standing from August 1st. 9 Games. Nine Games. Think about it. Sleep on it. 9 Games is nothing. The Sox are a Number One Team in ways we can only start to imagine. If I had to choose between being the Sox or one of the other teams in the playoffs, NL and AL, I would still choose the Sox, the others spent the entire season playing beneath us. Sure, some had hot streaks that might be better than some of ours, but when looking at what teams were consistent, the only two are the Sox and Cards. The other teams smelled like rotten onions at one point or another during the season (insert joke about the Padres here). Our 7 game slide in August is not that bad, I'm talking about month-long rots like the Yanks in April and May, etc....

Just my "proud parent" moment.:D:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Actually 9 games is a lot - would make the difference in all but the NL Central. However, since the White Sox were so awesome this season and built such a commanding lead it meant squat.

I wasn't worried and would not have been worried until the Toons surpassed us which they were never closer than 2 days from doing.

pudge
10-03-2005, 12:12 AM
9 games is quite a bit.

MisterB
10-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Put it in this perspective:

As of Aug. 1, the Sox were 34 games over .500; they finished 36 games over.
As of Aug. 1, the Indians were 4 games over .500; they finished 24 games over.

The White Sox did NOT choke. The Indians simply played out of their minds for most of the last 2 months of the season.

elrod
10-03-2005, 12:45 AM
This conversation is SO last week.

FarWestChicago
10-03-2005, 01:13 AM
9 games is quite a bit.Give it up, pudge. You and your Dark Cloud buddies were wrong about the Sox not winning the division. :rolleyes: