PDA

View Full Version : Is this an accurate depiction? - Santo...

Tragg
10-02-2005, 11:16 PM
I found this post on www.bravesbeat.com. Pretty funny.

Anyone who cheers for the Cubs needs to listen to a few whole games with color commentary by Ron Santo. I now root against the Cubs mostly becasue of him. He insists Craig Counsell would be long gone if not for the funny swing and makes fun of him cruely. (Cousell is hitting about .300) He criticizes every close call that goes against the Cubs and almost brags when one goes the Cubs way. He claims the wind is always against the Cubs and that every team with a retractable roof opens and closes it at just the right moments to give their team an advantage. He won't criticize ANY Cubs player in making fundamental errors. These are either freak plays, not their fault, or the umpire's fault. Anyone who is such an egoist and can show such a cruel nature towards other teams I will always root against. I realize he has had health issues but this does not excuse making blaming someone else for everything that goes wrong for the Cubs.

StockdaleForVeep
10-03-2005, 03:08 AM
I forsee Santo bein like Bob Euker from major league

::ball thrown way outside, almost wild:: juuuust a bit outside, i dont know how these guys are layin off this stuff

or when willie gets thrown out and is stopped a good 2 feet from second base "out by an eyelash at second"

fquaye149
10-03-2005, 08:16 AM

::ball thrown way outside, almost wild:: juuuust a bit outside, i dont know how these guys are layin off this stuff

or when willie gets thrown out and is stopped a good 2 feet from second base "out by an eyelash at second"

the difference being harry doyle was being a smartass...santo actually believes it somehow

ssirish317
10-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Earlier today on the Score (whoever is on around 3pm, the show before Buffone) the host was really laying into Santo, saying he uses his diabetes to gain sympathy in his quest to be inducted into the HOF, and also was going on and on about how the only reason he gets any support from the media is because the Trib sports editor and writers are overly sypathetic and supportive of his cause. He was catching flack from listeners calling in complaining about him taking at shots at diabetics. He defended himself by saying he was not attacking diabetic people in general, but one diabetic person in particuar. I found it kinda entertaining.

HotelWhiteSox
10-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Earlier today on the Score (whoever is on around 3pm, the show before Buffone) the host was really laying into Santo, saying he uses his diabetes to gain sympathy in his quest to be inducted into the HOF, and also was going on and on about how the only reason he gets any support from the media is because the Trib sports editor and writers are overly sypathetic and supportive of his cause. He was catching flack from listeners calling in complaining about him taking at shots at diabetics. He defended himself by saying he was not attacking diabetic people in general, but one diabetic person in particuar. I found it kinda entertaining.

It was Boers and Bernstein(i think he was out today) , there has been a lot made, mainly from Ed Sherman through Tribune columns, about jokes they made about Santo's disability. Their defense was they don't like how he uses the diabeties to get HOF votes and that he used to be a huge jag, and appareantly, there is history between Boers and Santo (Santo confronting him at Murph's wedding or something like that)

Corlose 15
10-03-2005, 11:02 PM

Doyle: Thats all we've got, one GD hit?
Color guy: You can't say GD on the radio!
Doyle: Oh, don't worry nobody's listening.

JorgeFabregas
10-03-2005, 11:05 PM
It was Boers and Bernstein(i think he was out today) , there has been a lot made, mainly from Ed Sherman through Tribune columns, about jokes they made about Santo's disability. Their defense was they don't like how he uses the diabeties to get HOF votes and that he used to be a huge jag, and appareantly, there is history between Boers and Santo (Santo confronting him at Murph's wedding or something like that)

They also think he is too drinky for a diabetic role model.

chaerulez
10-03-2005, 11:59 PM
They also think he is too drinky for a diabetic role model.

I'd say he's too much of a moron to be a role model of any sort.

PatK
10-04-2005, 11:51 AM

Except you'd hear nothing but undecipherable tones and grunts.

"Ohhhhh" "Unnnnngghhh" "Noooooo"