PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Mr. Reynolds! You're so funny!

Mr. White Sox
10-02-2005, 11:03 PM
The East Coast Heinie birds are returning. HR believes both the Red Sox and Yankees win in four games. Split away, then sweep at home. I'd like to thank the Internet for the miracle of archiving, because he's going to be dead wrong with quite possibly both of those predictions.

Me:
White Sox in 5 / Angels in 4

RadioheadRocks
10-02-2005, 11:05 PM
The East Coast Heinie birds are returning. HR believes both the Red Sox and Yankees win in four games. Split away, then sweep at home. I'd like to thank the Internet for the miracle of archiving, because he's going to be dead wrong with quite possibly both of those predictions.

Me:
White Sox in 5 / Angels in 4

One thing about Harold Reynolds... he has one of the most annoying voices ever for a sports commentator. It's so high-pitched he sounds like he's perpetually auditioning for the Bee Gees! JMHO

chitownhawkfan
10-03-2005, 12:34 AM
You know everybody up in Bristol is hoping and praying for a Yanks/Sawx ALCS. That way those douchebags wouldn't have to leave their beloved northeast.

mike squires
10-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Harold still has resentment and bad feelings for making the lst out at old Comiskey.

What else would you expect him to say? They doubted us at the beginning of the year, didn't give us due respect during the season and doubted us at the end saying we would choke. Let's continue to prove them wrong.

TheOldRoman
10-03-2005, 01:42 AM
You know everybody up in Bristol is hoping and praying for a Yanks/Sawx ALCS. That way those douchebags wouldn't have to leave their beloved northeast.
Yep, and the best way to screw them over is an Astros-White Sox world series. They will completely ignore it and give around-the-clock updates on Johnny Damon, upcoming free agents, Johnny Damon's hair, who the Red Sox might sign, Derek Jeter, Johnny Damon's beard, who the Yankees might sign, the "crisis in Boston", the "crisis in New York", and reports out of Chicago of Johnny Damon wanting to play for the Cubs.

They will eventually resort to a "people's choice" simulated world series where they play out Cubs vs. Red Sox on XBox. Peter Gammons will control the Red Sox, Jeff Brantley will control the Cubs, and they will devote the entire Baseball Tonight to covering the series. They will even go as far as interviewing themselves post game.

:boston
"I just didn't perform today. I, I really should have gotten out of the 8th when he had runners on the corners with 1 out. On the easy double play ball, I accidently pressed X instead of Y and threw to third. That really opened the flood gates."

SOXfnNlansing
10-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Yep, and the best way to screw them over is an Astros-White Sox world series. They will completely ignore it and give around-the-clock updates on Johnny Damon, upcoming free agents, Johnny Damon's hair, who the Red Sox might sign, Derek Jeter, Johnny Damon's beard, who the Yankees might sign, the "crisis in Boston", the "crisis in New York", and reports out of Chicago of Johnny Damon wanting to play for the Cubs.

They will eventually resort to a "people's choice" simulated world series where they play out Cubs vs. Red Sox on XBox. Peter Gammons will control the Red Sox, Jeff Brantley will control the Cubs, and they will devote the entire Baseball Tonight to covering the series. They will even go as far as interviewing themselves post game.

:boston
"I just didn't perform today. I, I really should have gotten out of the 8th when he had runners on the corners with 1 out. On the easy double play ball, I accidently pressed X instead of Y and threw to third. That really opened the flood gates.":kneeslap:

Banix12
10-03-2005, 01:54 AM
I kinda expected that from Reynolds since he's like a lot of the other mediots and basically wants a Red Sox - Yankees series basically because that's what he wants to watch and cover, not because of any real analysis of teams. He said earlier the Yankees had the pitching to win, this after the yankees got beat 10-1.

I was a bit more amazed by Steve Phillips who went the complete opposite of Reynolds and went White Sox and Angels.