PDA

View Full Version : One Fact Worth Mentioning...

RKMeibalane
10-02-2005, 11:38 PM
:hurt finished with more home runs than :maggs

So there!

32nd&Wallace
10-02-2005, 11:39 PM
didn't a regular poster predict this back in May? I can't remember who, but I know someone did.

CLR01
10-02-2005, 11:40 PM
and 2 shy of Sosa.

RKMeibalane
10-02-2005, 11:42 PM
didn't a regular poster predict this back in May? I can't remember who, but I know someone did.

It was me. I originally made the prediction back in January and got into a heated argument with OurBitchinMinny, who was banned a few days later. I then repeated the statement in May, after That Other Guy called Ozzie "his enemy" and trashed the Sox organization.

Edit: Deadguy also made a similar prediction.

santo=dorf
10-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Pods' OBP: .351
Carlos Lee's: .324

Here's one for Hangar: Carlos Lee's OPS: .811 Jermaine Dye's OPS: .846

not bad for the "cheaper" replacement. :rolleyes:

Optipessimism
10-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Too bad we didn't scrap Maggs for parts before he left (or at least pay off that Austrian doctor to do a little extra surgery while he was sleeping). Frank could have used an ankle.

It's funny how Frank insisted on coming back, probably at like 75-80% and still unable to run or even stand comfortably for a prolonged period of time while Maggs just seemed to whine about how much he hurt. I also found it pretty telling of each player's character when Frank continued to root on his teammates, both before he could play and after it was decided that he was done for the year, while Maggs wasted no time in moaning about how much the Tigers suck and how willing he'd be to get traded elsewhere. What a tool. I'd take a couple weeks of Frank over a full year of Maggs anytime, even if Frank were to only provide a few clutch HR's and some motivation. At least Frank is a man. Magglio, I hope you enjoy rotting away in Detroit with that other douche Rodriguez. Maybe you'll get lucky and get the Giambi Tapeworm or whatever the **** he had. Then you won't have to play.

DumpJerry
10-03-2005, 01:02 AM
I'm certain that if Frank had not gone down the second time, we would have wound up with about 110 victories. There were enough close losses to make up 11 games.

StockdaleForVeep
10-03-2005, 04:23 AM
:hurt finished with more home runs than :maggs

So there!

I think frank deserves that vlad guererro money Magglio wanted