PDA

View Full Version : Where are you watching Game 3?

Baby Fisk
10-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Will there be a WSI gathering somewhere in Chicago for Game 3? It's Friday afternoon (3:00pm Central).

ChiSoxGirl
10-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Will there be a WSI gathering somewhere in Chicago for Game 3? It's Friday afternoon (3:00pm Central).

There absolutely should be a WSI gathering for Game 3!!! I have an In Service on Friday and will be out by 12:30p, so whatever place is chosen, I'm there! :bandance:

DaveIsHere
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Well i will be at the Nine INch Nails Concert, so a sweep will not happen, we will win the series on Saturday, sorry to disappoint:cool:

chisoxfanatic
10-02-2005, 09:52 PM
My boyfriend's gonna be in town (super-yays on that), so I'm not going to any get-togethers for the road games in the ALDS. I love him to death, and love the fact that I will be seeing him for five days. His team is the Red Sox, but we're not going to let baseball get in between us (it would be just plain silly, when love should be thicker than anything else). Our relationship means infinitely more. He's the most awesome guy in the world!

Whitesox4ever
10-02-2005, 09:53 PM
It's a shame that the cell wont open up for the away games.

LongLiveFisk
10-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Unfortunately I'll be at work until 4:30 but I'll have the VCR set. Hopefully by the time I get out of work I'll hear some good news. But they have announced a 3pm start and I don't know if that means first pitch at 3 or all the preliminary stuff starting at 3. If it's the latter, I might not miss all that much after all. :D:

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
I'll be "watching" on Gamechannel from my desk at work, and hoping to see the last few innings at home.

Baby Fisk
10-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Where would be a good bar to go and watch?

ilsox7
10-02-2005, 10:06 PM
I'll be at my normal place for all games of the ALDS. Finn McCool's on Division. Will be a little late Tuesday (class til 3:30) and still working on Wednesday as I technically have class til 7.

For those who care, Finn's runs a 2 buck burger special on Tuesdays (and good half pound burgers). Wednesday all drinks minus shots are half-price. Also free wings on Friday from 4-7. Not a bad deal. Drop me a line if you'll be going...I am sure I will be there!

samram
10-02-2005, 10:07 PM
I'll be "watching" on Gamechannel from my desk at work, and hoping to see the last few innings at home.

I'll be "watching" all of the games from my desk at work. If the Sox don't make the World Series, I will be able to watch precisely none of the games.

Kevin
10-02-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm 18, and i'm not going to be able to "fix" my age anytime soon. Is there any place, not a bar, for us youngsters?

ilsox7
10-02-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm 18, and i'm not going to be able to "fix" my age anytime soon. Is there any place, not a bar, for us youngsters?

I'm sure a place like Pizano's or any other pizza places/restaurants that have TVs would be ideal.

antitwins13
10-02-2005, 10:37 PM
In my dorm room listening to biased announcers be homers for Boston.

Go Sox!

Sox of White
10-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I would very much like there to be a gathering in Chicago somewhere for friday. But, I have no clue where.

billnahorodny
10-02-2005, 11:06 PM
I don't have tickets until game 2...but I'm planning on slipping out of work early on Tuesday to watch the game. Anyone else who works in the loop planning on doing the same thing?

mike squires
10-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Unfortunately I'll be at work until 4:30 but I'll have the VCR set. Hopefully by the time I get out of work I'll hear some good news. But they have announced a 3pm start and I don't know if that means first pitch at 3 or all the preliminary stuff starting at 3. If it's the latter, I might not miss all that much after all. :D:

My brother is in the military and can't get away for game 1. He's taping the game but doesn't want to know the outcome until he watches it when he gets home. That would be tough to do.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-03-2005, 12:38 AM

http://www.jewsinsports.org/Photos/Large/84.jpg (javascript:history.back())

For all you youngsters out there, I am sorry to inform you the legal drinking age has been bumped from 18 when I was a young lad and dominating my high school competition. If you are in the downtown area I suggest possibly the ESPN Zone or possibly Dave & Busters or another place friendly to all ages. My tip for the day is when the wind is blowing out keep the ball down in the strike zone. You'll induce ground balls and keep the opposition off the scoreboard. I am Steve Stone, your Cy Young analyst.

(Sorry but the word "youngsters" got me going).

soxylady
10-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Anyone in Boston? I'll be here decked out in White Sox gear and hiring a bodyguard. Just looking for fellow fans :bandance:

PorkChopExpress
10-03-2005, 10:18 AM
My boyfriend's gonna be in town (super-yays on that), so I'm not going to any get-togethers for the road games in the ALDS. I love him to death, and love the fact that I will be seeing him for five days. His team is the Red Sox, but we're not going to let baseball get in between us (it would be just plain silly, when love should be thicker than anything else). Our relationship means infinitely more. He's the most awesome guy in the world!

Maybe the colors at your wedding should be white and red.:D:

boiler up
10-03-2005, 10:22 AM
any bars on the southside that will be packed with any of you wsi'ers? i'm driving home from detroit on thursday and taking off work on friday so i can see the game at home in chicago.

chopperjc
10-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Any other White Sox Fans in Miami???? I think I may be the only one. I will Be watching it at home on a 52 inch Hi-Def set (I hope ESPN broadcasts in HD) with a total surround sound with the chat room on the computer. Anyone in Miami the beer is on me!!:D: :D:

BNLSox
10-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Well i will be at the Nine INch Nails Concert, so a sweep will not happen, we will win the series on Saturday, sorry to disappoint:cool:

No Man, I've got USC tix on Saturday, and Green Day Tix on Sunday, so a Sweep is VERY IMPORTANT! Otherwise I've got some tickets to get rid of.

Vernam
10-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Nice mullet, Steve! :redneck

I've got a 12:00 meeting in Lisle on Friday that damn well better end by 2:00. Anyone up for Pete 'n' Johnny's on Ogden?

Vernam

http://www.jewsinsports.org/Photos/Large/84.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:history.back%28%29)

. . . I am Steve Stone, your Cy Young analyst.

(Sorry but the word "youngsters" got me going).

soxjim
10-03-2005, 07:53 PM
I will be at game one. After that I will watch the games near the NIU campus.

Sxy Mofo
10-03-2005, 07:55 PM

You're going to let something silly like a relationship get in the way of trashing the red sox and their fans?

Mo=disappointed.

I'm kidding, I dated a cub fan once back in chicago *ducks while people throw tomatoes*... hey, she was hot, if you saw her you couldn't blame me. And I actually had to try to comfort her during that whole bartman thing. The shining grace was that when we broke up i got to tell her what i really felt about the bartman incident...

WSoxFanForever
10-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Taking the afternoon off the work (helps that I work for myself). When kids get home from school, if the game is still on, they will watch with me other wise I'll be jumping and cheering by myself, since everyone else will be at work.

bobwsx
10-03-2005, 08:08 PM
I'll be at Fat Sams in Lockport.Not till 4:00 I can't get off any earlier.

Foulke You
10-03-2005, 08:51 PM
As soon as I can make my "great escape" from work, it's off to RAM Brewery in Rosemont. There is a microbrew and a large screen TV with my name on it.:gulp: As far as places to go when your 18, I know RAM allows under 21 people in the sports bar area. Just don't expect to be served beer. Also, someone mentioned ESPN Zone but I would say any local sports bar/restaurant type place would be fine as long as you don't order any beer. You won't get carded at the door in most of these places and you won't get carded for ordering food and a coke.

A. Cavatica
10-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Got my fingers crossed...first base grandstand

kaufsox
10-03-2005, 11:14 PM
*sigh* all games that I'm not attending are probably going to be hard to watch. 3 month old and 2 year old are hard to keep up with, even on a normal day. Don't get me wrong, love the kids, but 3 pm starts are right after naptime and right before dinner. Call it crazy time :smile: So all radios will be tuned to WMVP 1000 and I'll be listening intently as I continually say "No! don't touch that!" or words to that effect. The question, to Tivo or not to Tivo?

SOXintheBURGH
10-03-2005, 11:21 PM
On a big pile of money, with many beautiful ladies.

kittle42
10-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Anyone who wants to get together to watch Friday's game on the north side, drop me a line.

Whitesox029
10-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings-Rt. 53 in Woodridge.

chidonez
10-04-2005, 01:15 AM
I'll be watching the game with the biggest BoSox bartender fan I know (in Boston) at a local hotel bar -- they just got high-def televisions. After this whole season, how great would it be to see our boys bring it home in enemy territory. There's an outside chance I might make one of the games here. My dad, who's a big baseball fan, called to offer his help in getting me a ticket, which is a good thing as I'm a broke 29 year old student. But I don't think he realizes how hard it is to get a ticket in this town.

I wish I was in Chicago though...

CHISOXFAN13
10-04-2005, 01:19 AM
Fortunately, I work less than a block from Cork n Kerry where the pre and postgame show will be held.

I'll be watching the game from there.

Fuller_Schettman
10-04-2005, 02:34 AM
Probably my room at the Westin River North...or maybe their lounge...

doublem23
10-04-2005, 02:47 AM
(it would be just plain silly, when love should be thicker than anything else).

I'd need at least one more hand to count the number of times I've either broken up with a girl or flat out rejected her on account of her being a Cub fan.

:cool:

http://www.chicago.il.org/staticresources/choose_SoxLogo.gif > http://people.cornellcollege.edu/c-price/images/group%20of%20girls.jpg

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Not when the lovin' is THIS good, Doub. :cool:

Law11
10-04-2005, 10:27 AM
I'll be watchin on my brand new 62" Mistubishi DLP on HD.

OH YEA!!!

jenn2080
10-04-2005, 01:20 PM
I would very much like there to be a gathering in Chicago somewhere for friday. But, I have no clue where.

I work downtown and am thinking maybe the South Loop Club on Balbo and State. I get out at 3pm

Sox of White
10-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Anyone for South Loop club?

Foulke You
10-05-2005, 01:47 AM
On a big pile of money, with many beautiful ladies.
Ok, McBain! :rolleyes: