PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Poll

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-02-2005, 06:18 PM
There's a new poll on the ESPN home page....AMAZING how many US states "want" the Red Sox...WSI, we got some work to do...the WS are 3rd...

TDog
10-02-2005, 06:22 PM
I thought the teams were going to play a five-game baseball season. I didn't realize this was a popularity contest.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-02-2005, 06:23 PM
I thought the teams were going to play a five-game baseball season. I didn't realize this was a popularity contest.

I know...but of course, ESPN needs the Yanks and the BoSox....so how better to sway than to create a poll?

PAPChiSox729
10-02-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm ashamed at my own state. How dare we side with the Blow Sox! Bah!

:angry:

SluggersAway
10-02-2005, 06:48 PM
This poll is really surprising. I don't get it at all. How can so much of the country be under Boston's spell?

itsnotrequired
10-02-2005, 06:52 PM
This poll is really surprising. I don't get it at all. How can so much of the country be under Boston's spell?

Some guy just called into the Score saying he is a die-hard Cub fan and "when you are a Cub fan, you are also a Boston fan". And no, he wasn't saying he was a Boston fan just because they are playing the White Sox.:?:

All I can think of is the "fans"* feel a common bond because of their old stadiums.:rolleyes:

*Real fans of either team could give two hoots about a team not even in the same league.

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Some guy just called into the Score saying he is a die-hard Cub fan and "when you are a Cub fan, you are also a Boston fan". And no, he wasn't saying he was a Boston fan just because they are playing the White Sox.:?:

All I can think of is the "fans"* feel a common bond because of their old stadiums.:rolleyes:

*Real fans of either team could give two hoots about a team not even in the same league.

I think it was PHG in another thread who said to watch out for this sort of doublespeak from Cub fans, who in reality just want to root against the White Sox.

It's OK, Cub fans. You can tell us how much you really hate the White Sox. We don't care. In fact, we expect it.

samram
10-02-2005, 06:57 PM

There are a lot of very dumb people in this country who buy into anything the media feed them.

itsnotrequired
10-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I think it was PHG in another thread who said to watch out for this sort of doublespeak from Cub fans, who in reality just want to root against the White Sox.

It's OK, Cub fans. You can tell us how much you really hate the White Sox. We don't care. In fact, we expect it.

Oh, I know about the doublespeak. This guy wasn't doing that though. He has been cheering for Boston all season because in his words, "when you're a Cubs fan, you're also a Boston fan". Mindless.

Still, I expect to see a good handful of fools decked out in brand new Boston gear down at the Cell.

Hitmen77
10-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Maybe our "You write the Tribune's Headlines" thread should be changed to "you right ESPN's headlines".

ESPN and their crappy anti-Sox crew and their stupid polls are totally predictable. Remember in May? Which of these teams are least likely to make the playoffs? I guess the Sox should have given up way back then because the ESPN poll said so. The idea of voting for desired playoff winners is idiotic! I don't remember them doing this for other sports.

RadioheadRocks
10-02-2005, 07:45 PM
C'mon Sox Army... stand up and be counted!!!

knocko94
10-02-2005, 07:49 PM
I found this interesting.

How will the Indians fare against the White Sox, now that Chicago has clinched the AL Central? (20,730 votes)
67.4% Indians win 2 of 3
17.8% Indians win 1 of 3
13.1% Indians will sweep
1.8% Indians will get swept

Pulaski
10-02-2005, 08:09 PM
There's a new poll on the ESPN home page....AMAZING how many US states "want" the Red Sox...WSI, we got some work to do...the WS are 3rd...

I can't find the poll. Does anyone have the link?

SoxFanSince67
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
I can't find the poll. Does anyone have the link?

Same here - all I can find is a poll for the NL

34rancher
10-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Must have already got the results they wanted...

RadioheadRocks
10-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah, they already got a football poll on the main ESPN page (which was where I found the original poll) and a National League Division Series poll on their MLB page. Sigh, but I guess I got my vote in under the wire.

Ol' No. 2
10-02-2005, 10:25 PM
I found this interesting.

How will the Indians fare against the White Sox, now that Chicago has clinched the AL Central? (20,730 votes)
67.4% Indians win 2 of 3
17.8% Indians win 1 of 3
13.1% Indians will sweep
1.8% Indians will get sweptThere's a message there.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Sorry to all if the poll got removed...I guess some ESPN lackey gets paid to check when WSI sniffs out their BS poll...then switches it. :cool: