PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Playoff Schedule Link

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 05:11 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/schedule/ps_05.jsp

ESPN / FOX have STILL not finalized the first round but the other rounds are all good to go.

American League Division Series
Game 1 Tuesday 3:09pm
Game 2 Wednesday (TBA - Probably 7:20 pm)
Game 3 Friday Road
Game 4 Saturday Road
Game 5 Sunday (TBA)

American League Championship Series
Game 1 Tuesday October 11 7:20 pm
Game 2 Wednesday October 12 TBA
Game 3 Friday Road - 7:00 pm
Game 4 Saturday Road - 6:30 pm
Game 5 Sunday Road - 3:00 pm
Game 6 Tuesday October 18 7:20 pm
Game 7 Wednesday October 19 7:20 pm

World Series
Game 1 Saturday October 22 6:30pm
Game 2 Sunday 7:20 pm
Game 3 - 5 Road, Tuesday - Thursday 7:20 pm
Game 6 Saturday October 29 6:30 pm
Game 7 Sunday October 30 6:30 pm

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2005, 05:15 PM
We know who's playing who (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/schedule/ps_05.jsp). You figure they might have had this scheduled out in advance.

Frustrating to those who have tickets and need to schedule time off.

Mots09
10-02-2005, 05:17 PM
amen..

MLB is a freaking joke

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 05:20 PM
We know who's playing who (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/schedule/ps_05.jsp). You figure they might have had this scheduled out in advance.

Frustrating to those who have tickets and need to schedule time off.

Fox is battling ESPN for Big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What was worse was the constant changing of games to fit Fox schedule on Saturday and ESPN on Sunday. My friends and I had several problems the past two years with games which we would have arrived on time (for an evening game) suddenly switched to a noon game or a Sunday day game (with evening flight) changed at the last minute to a night game.

The playoffs were not set in stone until the final week or two (depending on when a team clinched). The regular season shenanigans, which are not changed into mid / late week at times, is a major inconvenience for both home team fans who have other plans as well as out of town fans who have flights, hotels, etc. disrupted.

They should know by tonight but with Boston and New York involved I am sure Bud & Co. will have some major disputes to iron out as to who has which game and when.

dpbyron
10-02-2005, 05:20 PM
I noticed that too... Its all about New York, New York, New, New York, New York...:angry:

I'd count on all afternoon games until they are done or we play them in the ALCS...:rolleyes:

And if you look at the schedules for the ACLS, both the NLCS and ALCS are scheduled for Wednesday. If we play the Angels that game will be at 3pm too...:angry:

gf2020
10-02-2005, 05:21 PM
I guarantee you that the networks know the schedule. ESPN knows they have the Braves-Astros game Wednesday and promoted it and that's not even on the schedule yet.

It's a simple thing, but of course MLB doesn't give a crap about people who aren't corporate sponsors.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 05:26 PM
I guarantee you that the networks know the schedule. ESPN knows they have the Braves-Astros game Wednesday and promoted it and that's not even on the schedule yet.

It's a simple thing, but of course MLB doesn't give a crap about people who aren't corporate sponsors.

I've benn checking all three sites (ESPN, FOX & MLB). I'll post on my official thread once they are final.

The issue is not just the Yankees but the Red Cubs as well. I think both channels want the Red Cubs as they will get better ratings throughout the nation (except New York).

Kogs35
10-02-2005, 05:28 PM
fox has a game on tuesday and thursday, and a double header on saturday,and monday(if ness for mon)

espn has night games on weds and fri. so my bet espn heads r arguing over there red cubs and yankmees

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 07:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2179130

AMERICAN LEAGUE
Boston vs. Chicago

Game 1 at Chicago: Tuesday, Oct. 4 -- 4 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Game 2 at Chicago: Wednesday, Oct. 5 -- 7 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Game 3 at Boston: Friday, Oct. 7 -- 4 p.m. ET (ESPN2)

NY Yankees vs. LA Angels
Game 1 at Anaheim: Tuesday, Oct. 4 -- 8 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 2 at Anaheim: Wednesday, Oct. 5 -- 10 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Game 3 at New York: Friday, Oct. 7 -- 8 p.m. (ESPN)

NATIONAL LEAGUE
San Diego vs. St. Louis
Game 1 at St. Louis: Tuesday, Oct. 4 -- 1 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Game 2 at St. Louis: Thursday, Oct. 6 -- 4 p.m. ET (ESPN2)

Houston vs. Atlanta
Game 1 at Atlanta: Wednesday, Oct. 5 -- 4 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Game 2 at Atlanta: Thursday, Oct. 6 -- 8 p.m. ET (FOX)

ElDuque26
10-02-2005, 07:11 PM
this was released from ESPN.com today

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2179130

Game 2 at 6:05 Central time (ESPN)
Game 3 at 3:05 Central time (ESPN2)

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 07:12 PM
My thread has updated times for the first three games in the AL and first two for NL:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58815

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 07:14 PM
No word yet if ESPN games will be shown locally (on free tv).

SoxSpeed22
10-02-2005, 07:16 PM
No word yet if ESPN games will be shown locally (on free tv).I got to feel my heart shatter on WGN 5 years ago.:(:

Chips
10-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Not bad, only have to leave work early on Tuesday.:D:

anewman35
10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
No word yet if ESPN games will be shown locally (on free tv).

I'm almost positive I read WGN was showing them.

longshot7
10-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Wednesday's Angels/Yanks game is at 10 Eastern????

That can't be right.

Kogs35
10-02-2005, 07:24 PM

That can't be right.

thats nine central time. and that 100% correct

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 07:25 PM

That can't be right.

Yankees lost home field today by losing to Boston and with Anaheim winning.

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2005, 07:27 PM
AMERICAN LEAGUE
Boston vs. Chicago

Game 1 at Chicago: Tuesday, Oct. 4 -- 4 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Game 2 at Chicago: Wednesday, Oct. 5 -- 7 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Game 3 at Boston: Friday, Oct. 7 -- 4 p.m. ET (ESPN2)

Oh well, 6pm on Wednesday is a sight better than 3pm. I'll take it.

dlee120
10-02-2005, 07:27 PM

That can't be right.

yeah, it can. It is at Anahiem, so it will be at 7:00pm pacific time

Lip Man 1
10-02-2005, 07:32 PM
WGN will be showing the games to the fans in Chicago.

Lip

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 07:33 PM
I am sort of shocked that our series was snubbed vis a vis the New York series. I understand LA is involved but IIRC the best thing that happened to baseball ever was the Red Cubs and Cubs in the playoffs with the chance to meet in the World Series. Maybe the Game 3 3:00 pm CDT start is due to logisitcs either in New York or Boston.

BTW - Game 5 is a Sunday so unless you work weekends you won't be missing work / taking off early.

Brian26
10-02-2005, 07:34 PM
thats nine central time. and that 100% correct

Exactly. Typical west coast night-game start.

longshot7
10-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Yankees lost home field today by losing to Boston and with Anaheim winning.

duh. But my point is (and I don't have a problem with this) is that with the game starting at 10pm in New York, Fox is basically killing all its potential ratings in NY. What's the purpose in giving them the night game if no one can see it?

HotelWhiteSox
10-02-2005, 07:40 PM
duh. But my point is (and I don't have a problem with this) is that with the game starting at 10pm in New York, Fox is basically killing all its potential ratings in NY. What's the purpose in giving them the night game if no one can see it?

That's ESPN's game and call, FOX has no game on Wednesday

mike squires
10-02-2005, 07:42 PM
WHy would they black out the games on ESPN anyway? THe games are going to be a sell out...what is their reasoning behind this. I was just curious. Luckily WGN will save this possible probelm.

longshot7
10-02-2005, 07:52 PM
That's ESPN's game and call, FOX has no game on Wednesday

My bad. You're right. Still weird tho - why not stick to Tuesday's schedule?

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 08:09 PM

Well Monday Night Football starts around 9:30 on the East Coast and games normally do not finish until after 1:00 am so it is par for the course.

Since ESPN will be showing 3 or 4 games per day they need to be able to squeeze them all in.

longshot7
10-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Well Monday Night Football starts around 9:30 on the East Coast and games normally do not finish until after 1:00 am so it is par for the course.

Since ESPN will be showing 3 or 4 games per day they need to be able to squeeze them all in.

Good point about MNF, but there is only 3 games on Wed - why not start at 1 EST? The other weird thing about this is I just checked the Guide on my TV - it still has the games at 1, 4, & 8 EST. Whatever, I guess.

I actually prefer the Sox game at 6, so I can actually see it.

HebrewHammer
10-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Any word on game 2 of the ALCS? Last I saw it was still TBA.

UofCSoxFan
10-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Weds (2nd home game) is at 7pm central time and will be shown on ESPN.
Fri (1st away game) is at 3 pm central time and will be on ESPN2 (Freddy time?....will be hard to hit with that shadow situation in Boston).

games 4 and 5 still to be announced.

Not that anyone really cares but...we're in our fall baseball season here at school and i have practice at 330 on Tues and a meeting at 4 on Fri....I'm not thrilled...hopefully our coach....a sox fan...will let us out early.

CLR01
10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Weds (2nd home game) is at 7pm central time and will be shown on ESPN.
Fri (1st away game) is at 3 pm central time and will be on ESPN2 (Freddy time?....will be hard to hit with that shadow situation in Boston).

games 4 and 5 still to be announced.

Not that anyone really cares but...we're in our fall baseball season here at school and i have practice at 330 on Tues and a meeting at 4 on Fri....I'm not thrilled...hopefully our coach....a sox fan...will let us out early.

Wednesday is 6:00pm central.

UofCSoxFan
10-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah you are right....my bad

Great....now I'll have to miss the first hour of that game too.

UofCSoxFan
10-02-2005, 11:13 PM
ESPN has the pitching probables listed:

Game 1: Contreras vs. Clement
Game 2: Buehrle vs. Wells
Game 3: Garland vs. Wakefield
Game 4: TBA(Garcia?) vs. Schilling

While I'd like Freddy in game 3 during the day....I think the Garland Wakefield matchup and the Garcia Schilling matchup seem more favorable on paper than Garcia Wakefield/ Garland Schiling....just a hunch

Foulke You
10-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Well, 6 central is a lot better than 3 central. I'm mad about the Friday game too. Argh, looks like I'll have to attempt to sneak out of work early to watch that one. I was hoping for a Friday night game. MLB does this so stupidly. Do they think baseball fans don't have jobs? (insert Cub fan joke here) There are simply too many day games for big playoff series with only 1 team in the prime time slot. They should do it like the NBA does with multiple round 1 games on at the same time. Have ESPN 2 show the Sox/Red Sox game, have ESPN show the Yanks/Angels, and have Fox show the Braves/Stros game all at night.

DSpivack
10-02-2005, 11:17 PM
glad tuesday is at 4...will be able to catch the last few innings once I get home from rosh hashanah services.

wednesday will be able to watch the whole thing.

but friday i will miss, as I will be on the road back home for fall break. 3 friends are visiting me, none of whom care much about baseball, so if there's a game 4 and 5 they'll have to go out themselves. :cool:

TheOldRoman
10-02-2005, 11:24 PM
ESPN has the pitching probables listed:

Game 1: Contreras vs. Clement
Game 2: Buehrle vs. Wells
Game 3: Garland vs. Wakefield
Game 4: TBA(Garcia?) vs. Schilling

While I'd like Freddy in game 3 during the day....I think the Garland Wakefield matchup and the Garcia Schilling matchup seem more favorable on paper than Garcia Wakefield/ Garland Schiling....just a hunch

I agree that you have to start Garcia in game 3. If all goes right and we sweep the Red Sox, we are then faced with Garcia pitching game 1 of the ALCS at the Cell. We dont want Garcia pitching at home. Garland pitches as good on the road as at home. It is an easy decision.

ilsox7
10-02-2005, 11:26 PM
I agree that you have to start Garcia in game 3. If all goes right and we sweep the Red Sox, we are then faced with Garcia pitching game 1 of the ALCS at the Cell. We dont want Garcia pitching at home. Garland pitches as good on the road as at home. It is an easy decision.

The absolute last thing that you think about when deciding on the rotation for thr ALDS is how the ALCS will play out. Having said that, I like FG going in Game 3. Assuming he does, I feel pretty darn confident about Games 1 and 3, though not as much about Game 2. Also, if the Sox swept, they'd have enough days off to order their roation in any way they desire.

Playoffs: Any thing can and will happen.

Jjav829
10-02-2005, 11:27 PM

:?:

You make it sound like we have to pitch that 4th starter. If we actually manage to sweep, we don't have to start that 4th pitcher in game 1 of the ALCS. We would just start over with Contreras, Buehrle, etc.

TheOldRoman
10-03-2005, 12:42 AM
:?:

You make it sound like we have to pitch that 4th starter. If we actually manage to sweep, we don't have to start that 4th pitcher in game 1 of the ALCS. We would just start over with Contreras, Buehrle, etc.
I realize that you dont have to stick to the rotation, and several managers dont. However, it's not like we are skipping Shawn Estes in the rotation. We are skipping Freddy Garcia. He doesn't need to be skipped. He would give us at least as good a chance as Garland in game 3. Also, Freddy last pitched on thursday. If he didn't pitch until game four of the LCS, he would be off for over 2 weeks. Rest is good, but I think that much rest might hurt him this time of year. If we are going to take the whole damn thing, we are going to need Freddy to contribute. Also, knowing Ozzie, he wont skip anyone in the rotation. Our four starters each give us a great chance of winning, so there is no need to skip them.

As for Ilsox' post, I agree that you dont plan out your attack for this series around the possibility of playing the next. You give the ball to whoever gives you as good a chance to win each game. You gotta get there before you can worry about who you pitch. However, Ozzie has to have it in the back of his mind. If we dont win both games 1 and 2, it is a moot point because both Freddy and Jon will pitch in this series. If we win the first 2, its a different story. We have an off day after game 2, and Ozzie can use that day to figure out who goes in game 3. Garcia gives us at least as good a chance as Garland, considering how good Freddy pitches on the road and in day games. That being said, if we are up 2-0, Ozzie has to consider the LCS. Ozzie would be putting Freddy in the best possible situation for him - road day game. Game 4, if necessary, would probably be at night. If we sweep, the next game would be a night game at home. Garland pitches as good at home as on the road. Therefore, you put Garcia in his ideal situation, and you dont lose anything. If he loses, Garland pitches game 4. If he wins, Garland pitches LCS 1. In that situation, a manager has to think ahead.

my5thbench
10-03-2005, 10:50 AM
according to ESPN this am...all times central

Tue 3:09 Contreas vs Clement

Wed 7:10 Buehrle vs Wells

Fri 3:09 garland vs Wakefield

don't know whether these were submitted by th managers or not
I would be surprised if Garcia didn't start Fri as he has been unbeatable
in day games on the road

go go SOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

boiler up
10-03-2005, 10:51 AM
if our pitching is on, i can't see losing

The_Floridian
10-03-2005, 10:59 AM
IN their last 5 starts:

Contreras: 5-0 7ER 11BB 30K
Clement: 0-3 20ER 14BB 13K

ERA's for the potential starters:

Clement--4.57
Wells--4.45
Wakefield--4.15
Schilling--5.98

Contreras--3.61
Buehrle--3.12
Garcia--3.87
Garland--3.50

Team ERA:

White Sox--3.63
Red Sox--4.77

Stolen Bases:

Red Sox--45
White Sox--137 (Podsednik with 59)

I'm just sayin'. :)

CLR01
10-03-2005, 11:19 AM
according to ESPN this am...all times central

Tue 3:09 Contreas vs Clement

Wed 7:10 Buehrle vs Wells

Fri 3:09 garland vs Wakefield

According to espn as well as MLB.com 5 minutes ago.