PDA

View Full Version : OMG, Did I Hear This Correct???

gosox3072
10-02-2005, 04:20 PM
WOW, peter gammons was just interviewed at the Red Sawx game, he says he believes the White Sox and Angels will meet in the ALCS. Lets see that prediction on BBTN!

Then again he also picked the Twins to Beat the Cubs for the world series this year.

kevingrt
10-02-2005, 04:21 PM
For some reason I went to the Red Sox vs. Yanks game b/c Eagles vs. KC sucks right now.

Erin Andrews was interviewing Peter Gammons at the game and he definitely said the Halos are going to play the White Sox in the ALCS. I'm not saying anything about if this prediciton will come true or not, but one of the biggest homers this side of Bruce Levine just went against his team.

This is crazy... and the Eagles scored

HotelWhiteSox
10-02-2005, 04:22 PM
I share the same prediction :D:

Viva Medias B's
10-02-2005, 04:22 PM
For some reason I went to the Red Sox vs. Yanks game b/c Eagles vs. KC sucks right now.

Erin Andrews was interviewing Peter Gammons at the game and he definitely said the Halos are going to play the White Sox in the ALCS. I'm not saying anything about if this prediciton will come true or not, but one of the biggest homers this side of Bruce Levine just went against his team.

This is crazy... and the Eagles scored

Maybe Peter forgot to take his East Coast Preference Network prescription. However, I do think he could be right. I like our chances against Boston, and I like LAA of A's chances against New York.

doublem23
10-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Bah, it's just a safe bet. When the Yanks and Red Cubs go down, he can tell everyone what a genius he is and if either his beloved AL East teams move on he can comment on what a great job they did, overcoming the odds.

But still, this is as weak as the Yankees and Red Sox have been in the last 2-3 years. Combine their pitching staffs and you still have one that's not too frightening.

BNLSox
10-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Well as much as for selfish reasons i wanted the halos in the first round.... the ALCS would be even better.... Games 3 4 and 5 in person.... sweet...

of course game 5 won't be necessary as we improve our 2005 post season record to 7-0.

jortafan
10-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Actually, what I heard him say was that he wouldn't be surprised if the final round of the American League playoffs came down to a Chicago-Los Angeles matchup.

It wasn't quite a prediction. But it wasn't a lust for a Red Sox-Yanks matchup either.

Personally, I'd rather see the Yankees beat the Angels while we take care of Boston. Then, the American League pennant could come down to a good old-fashioned Chicago-New York brawl.

Of course, what I really want is the first American League pennant for the White Sox in my lifetime. I'll take it any way the Sox can get it.

MarySwiss
10-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Personally, I'd rather see the Yankees beat the Angels while we take care of Boston. Then, the American League pennant could come down to a good old-fashioned Chicago-New York brawl.
Of course, what I really want is the first American League pennant for the White Sox in my lifetime. I'll take it any way the Sox can get it.

Ditto that! The Sox will win the World Series, beyond a doubt. But how sweet will a Sox ALCS victory over the hated Yankees be?

SOX ADDICT '73
10-02-2005, 04:33 PM
If he said that the White Sox and Angels would meet in the ALCS, I missed it; I did hear him say that, out of the four AL playoff teams, they were the two best in terms of pitching.

What I also heard him say was how "disappointed he was that Cleveland didn't win today, since it took all of the drama out of the game he was watching." On that note, I bring you this excerpt from my post (#13) in the game thread:

I really hope this score stands up, and that we finish this game before Boston does. I like the idea of robbing them of an on-field celebration by stealing their thunder.

Suck it, Gammons. Success has spoiled you.

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2005, 04:33 PM
But how sweet will a Sox ALCS victory over the hated Yankees be?

4 of them would be the greatest accomplishment
in White Sox baseball history.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 04:42 PM
WOW, peter gammons was just interviewed at the Red Sawx game, he says he believes the White Sox and Angels will meet in the ALCS. Lets see that prediction on BBTN!

This is the first time all season I have become a Dark Cloud.

He should just keep his big mouth shut and stop jinxing my team.

How many tickets are the "beautiful people" like Afflack, Fallon, Matt Damon and the other clowns from beantown going to take out of the hands of White Sox fans?

CLR01
10-02-2005, 04:46 PM

How many tickets are the "beautiful people" like Afflack, Fallon, Matt Damon and the other clowns from beantown going to take out of the hands of White Sox fans?

I am willing to bet 0. The tickets they will get have already been set aside for people like them.

soxwon
10-02-2005, 05:07 PM
gammons is allways wrong.

soxwon
10-02-2005, 05:09 PM

its no biggie- there will be very few wsox fans tghere.
there should be almost zero bosox fans at the cell.