PDA

View Full Version : Last (Regular Season) Game at Busch Stadium Today

Viva Medias B's
10-02-2005, 04:15 PM
The St. Louis Cardinals are playing their final regular season game at Busch Stadium today. I wonder what kind of ceremonies they are having. I would think Ozzie Smith would be the one to pull down the "1" banner on the right field wall today.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 04:29 PM
The St. Louis Cardinals are playing their final regular season game at Busch Stadium today. I wonder what kind of ceremonies they are having. I would think Ozzie Smith would be the one to pull down the "1" banner on the right field wall today.

I've been to several "last games" - Comiskey Park, Milwaukee County Stadium, Riverfront Stadium, Chicago Stadium (Blackhawks), Three Rivers Stadium (Pittsburgh Steelers). The most amusing was Tigers Stadium where they honored the players after the game. Ron LeFlore was on hand and after leaving the field was handcuffed by Detroit's finest for an outstanding arrest warrant.

Hopefully I will be at their last game - A White Sox winner!!!

Stroker Ace
10-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Busch Stadium will always be better that USCF. The food is much better and the fans have more life

JorgeFabregas
10-02-2005, 07:15 PM
My wife is a life-long Cardinals fan. I bought her a pair of Busch Stadium seats as an anniversary gift. She is conflicted regarding a Cards/White Sox WS because she has watched 100 or so White Sox games this year and has a lot of emotional investment in them.