PDA

View Full Version : Red Cub celebrity fans

antitwins13
10-02-2005, 04:22 PM
The Red Cubs have tons of celeb fans that think it's "cool" to be seen at Fenway now. Which celebrity BoSawks fan do you most want to see crying on camera at the end of this series?

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2005, 04:38 PM
My vote goes to Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner.I wonder if Matt Damon
qualifies for this poll as well.:D: :D: :D: :D:

Actually,I'd like to see Red sCrUBS nation moan as "The Right Sox"
eliminate them from post season play.:cool: :cool: :cool:

TheDarkGundam
10-02-2005, 05:12 PM
I hate to do this, but i'm voting for Stephen (with a PH) King. I'm a HUGE fan of his, but I want some payback for the White Sox fans in "Black House" and "IT". One was a serial killer, the other beat his wife. Thanks Steve!

Deuce
10-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Bennifer.

Stroker Ace
10-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Where's all of the above?

chitownhawkfan
10-02-2005, 08:40 PM
George Will, does he even count as a celebrity?

Any other Hollywood B lister who has done a documentary about the suffering of the New England psyche, blah blah blah

RadioheadRocks
10-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I also say "all of the above!!!"

SOXPHILE
10-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Uhhh...I don't see "Roof At Fenway Collapses On Them All" in this pole.

samram
10-02-2005, 11:01 PM
George Will, does he even count as a celebrity?

Any other Hollywood B lister who has done a documentary about the suffering of the New England psyche, blah blah blah

Will's a Cubs fan, if I'm not mistaken.

I voted for Fallon. I just can't stand that little bastard.

TheDarkGundam
10-02-2005, 11:10 PM
If I remember correctly, Jimmy Fallon isn't a Red Sox fan. He just played one in a movie.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-03-2005, 12:34 AM
If I remember correctly, Jimmy Fallon isn't a Red Sox fan. He just played one in a movie.
I think a lot of people assumed Fallon was a Boston fan after last year's World Series clincher showed him on the field celebrating in full Red Sox regalia. My thinking went as follows:
1) Hmm...I didn't know Jimmy Fallon was a Sawx fan...
2) And since when is he dating Drew Barrymore?
3) I guess it's okay to run onto the field and celebrate if you're famous...

Months later I saw the end of Fever Pitch, and it all started to make a little more sense! :tongue:

Nellie_Fox
10-03-2005, 01:53 AM
Dennis "Hey, I'm a Boston tough guy. Watch me chain-smoke cigarettes and pretend I have talent and talk like I can whup everyone's ass" Leary.

MUsoxfan
10-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Dennis "Hey, I'm a Boston tough guy. Watch me chain-smoke cigarettes and pretend I have talent and talk like I can whup everyone's ass" Leary.

I happen to like him:redneck But, truth be told there won't be much misery when the Sawx lose this year because they could have all died happy last year. The curse is over and all of them will care 1/2 as much IMO

chitownhawkfan
10-03-2005, 02:01 AM
I happen to like him:redneck But, truth be told there won't be much misery when the Sawx lose this year because they could have all died happy last year. The curse is over and all of them will care 1/2 as much IMO

If you didn't know they could die happy, ESPN is letting you know by plugging the same titled book of one of their douchebag writers. Hey Boston fans, I dont care if you die happy, or live at all, just shut up!

DSpivack
10-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Even if he isn't a Wrong Sox fan, Jimmy Fallon. Can't stand the guy. Simpsons had a great quote, What are you laughing at? Cause if you say Jimmy Fallon I know you're lying! [Marge]

Would have voted for Affleck & Damon, but I like Jennifer Garner. She's cute and I used to be an Alias addict.

Nellie_Fox
10-03-2005, 02:19 AM
...I like Jennifer Garner. She's quote and I used to be an Alias addict.She's quote????

DSpivack
10-03-2005, 02:22 AM
She's quote????

Typo. Edited. Thanks.

Iwritecode
10-03-2005, 10:24 AM
I hate to do this, but i'm voting for Stephen (with a PH) King. I'm a HUGE fan of his, but I want some payback for the White Sox fans in "Black House" and "IT". One was a serial killer, the other beat his wife. Thanks Steve!

Who were the Sox fans in those stories? IT was set in Maine and I don't remember any mention of a Sox fan.

Black House was set in Wisconsin which was a little closer but still I don't remember any mention of the Sox...

Uncle_Patrick
10-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Who were the Sox fans in those stories? IT was set in Maine and I don't remember any mention of a Sox fan.

Black House was set in Wisconsin which was a little closer but still I don't remember any mention of the Sox...

I didn't read "Black House", but in "It" wasn't Beverly's husband thinking about a White Sox game to hold out during sex? I remember something like that. I don't recall if it was specifically implied that he was big White Sox fan, but he was a wife beater.

Fenway
10-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Fallon is a Yankees fan :smile:

but we had 2 new celebs this week
wearing her pink Red Sox hat Saturday Renée Zellweger
sitting behind home plate Friday? Roy Hobbs himself

Nothing brings out the boldfaced names like a season-ending Sox-Yankees series at the ballpark. And with a ticket to the dramatic three-game set fetching four figures, is it any wonder that Fenway was full of the rich and famous, and not a bunch of Johnnies from Burger King? Thanks to team owner John Henry, a bearded Ben Affleck and beaming mom-to-be Jennifer Garner scored sweet seats, as did squinty-faced leading lady Renee Zellweger, who was squired in with a mystery man through the team's executive offices. (Did you know Zellweger's ex, Kenny Chesney, is a big Sox fan?) Predictably, writer Stephen King was present, and spent his spare time reading a paperback of Lee Child's ''Tripwire." We also spied Bill Belichick hagiographer David Halberstam, actor Seth Green, actress Eliza Dushku, comedian Seth Myers, ''Sopranos" shrink Lorraine Bracco, Theo Epstein's dad, BU writing prof Leslie Epstein, movie directors Spike Lee and Ben Younger, Sundance Kid Robert Redford seated behind home plate with Giant Glass dude Dennis Drinkwater, singer James Taylor, Pats pooh-bah Bob Kraft, designer Joseph Abboud, and NBC's Tim Russert, whose son, Luke, conveniently attends BC. For every familiar face at Fenway -- '67 Cy Young winner Jim Lonborg, cellist Yo-Yo Ma, power couple Jack and Suzy Welch, and former Sox owner John Harrington -- there were also a few first-timers, including native New Yorkers Jay-Z and Diddy, who watched Friday's game from the comfort of the Reebok box. The kindly rappers even invited Celtics Paul Pierce, Delonte West, and Dan Dickau to come on over and join them. (We're told a ticket was being held for Jay-Z's girlfriend, Beyonce, but she got hung up in the Big Apple.) Others in the house over the weekend included ''Survivor" ''Boston" Rob Mariano, political consultant Ed Jesser, chef Ming Tsai, actor Fisher Stevens and his Oscar-winning pal Timothy Hutton, bewitching Bosox base sweeper Colleen Reilly, making only her second appearance of the season in Tessie togs, and Bruins Glen Murray, Andrew Raycroft, Hal Gill, and Travis Green. Even the ice men cometh!

MUsoxfan
10-03-2005, 12:35 PM
but we had 2 new celebs this week
wearing her pink Red Sox hat Saturday Renée Zellweger
sitting behind home plate Friday? Roy Hobbs himself

Nothing brings out the boldfaced names like a season-ending Sox-Yankees series at the ballpark. And with a ticket to the dramatic three-game set fetching four figures, is it any wonder that Fenway was full of the rich and famous, and not a bunch of Johnnies from Burger King? Thanks to team owner John Henry, a bearded Ben Affleck and beaming mom-to-be Jennifer Garner scored sweet seats, as did squinty-faced leading lady Renee Zellweger, who was squired in with a mystery man through the team's executive offices. (Did you know Zellweger's ex, Kenny Chesney, is a big Sox fan?) Predictably, writer Stephen King was present, and spent his spare time reading a paperback of Lee Child's ''Tripwire." We also spied Bill Belichick hagiographer David Halberstam, actor Seth Green, actress Eliza Dushku, comedian Seth Myers, ''Sopranos" shrink Lorraine Bracco, Theo Epstein's dad, BU writing prof Leslie Epstein, movie directors Spike Lee and Ben Younger, Sundance Kid Robert Redford seated behind home plate with Giant Glass dude Dennis Drinkwater, singer James Taylor, Pats pooh-bah Bob Kraft, designer Joseph Abboud, and NBC's Tim Russert, whose son, Luke, conveniently attends BC. For every familiar face at Fenway -- '67 Cy Young winner Jim Lonborg, cellist Yo-Yo Ma, power couple Jack and Suzy Welch, and former Sox owner John Harrington -- there were also a few first-timers, including native New Yorkers Jay-Z and Diddy, who watched Friday's game from the comfort of the Reebok box. The kindly rappers even invited Celtics Paul Pierce, Delonte West, and Dan Dickau to come on over and join them. (We're told a ticket was being held for Jay-Z's girlfriend, Beyonce, but she got hung up in the Big Apple.) Others in the house over the weekend included ''Survivor" ''Boston" Rob Mariano, political consultant Ed Jesser, chef Ming Tsai, actor Fisher Stevens and his Oscar-winning pal Timothy Hutton, bewitching Bosox base sweeper Colleen Reilly, making only her second appearance of the season in Tessie togs, and Bruins Glen Murray, Andrew Raycroft, Hal Gill, and Travis Green. Even the ice men cometh!

That settles it. They're more popular, therefore better. Why even play the games? The power of Rob from Survivor is too much for the White Sox to overcome

BigKlu59
10-03-2005, 12:53 PM
:gulp: Ditto on that "Ropey Southy" Leary.... He goes down, thats a shot to stones of all of beantowns thugs,...... Besides,he's also a big Bruins fan and we still owe hime for that Espo, Hodge,Stanfield trade back in 67. Making some Hollywood bimbo,or pretty boy just wouldnt have the same effect.

:bigklu

DumpJerry
10-03-2005, 01:15 PM
I would have voted for all of the above and then some. I'm talking about the "C" list celebs who root, root for the Cubbies even though they could not tell you who plays Second for the Blue Corp.

I saw Jennifer G. on Leno last week. She's pitiful. No grey matter at all.

cleanwsox
10-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Theo Epstein's dad

Damn, now how does that not make the front page news.

TheDarkGundam
10-03-2005, 02:59 PM
I didn't read "Black House", but in "It" wasn't Beverly's husband thinking about a White Sox game to hold out during sex? I remember something like that. I don't recall if it was specifically implied that he was big White Sox fan, but he was a wife beater.
In "IT", Beverly's husband thought about a BAD white sox loss to keep him angry when he beat her (or something like that).
In "Black House" (spoiler alert) , during a weird narration thing about the crazy guy's past, it mentions him living on the south side of Chicago and going to a lot sox games. (or something like that)

The Critic
10-03-2005, 04:09 PM
I voted for Fallon, but if he's really a Yankee fan then I want BOTH of his teams to lose!!
:D:
Actually, I'd love to see the Sox beat Boston and New York to get to the World Series. That would be inconceivably sweet!

fquaye149
10-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Stephen King wrote a great article about his son's little league team winning their state championship; it's clear he loves the game therefore I can't hold against him what team he prefers.

Affleck is a jackass but he never tried to make a buck off he Red Sox. He's been all about Boston since he came into the business (Good Will Hunting)...same with Leary.

Meanwhile Jimmy Fallon is the poster Jim Belushi - just an unfunny moron who shills himself and his team in unfunny, obnoxious ways.

STOP, Jimmy Fallon, STOOOOOOP

(p.s. - I doubt any of the other celebrities would cry when the dead sox lose...King's too wizeneds, Leary and Affleck wouldn't risk their machismo...only Fallon and his hangdog b.s. would be sobbing in his o'douls)

(p.p.s - is there anyone on this board who actually LIKES Fallon? I'm curious)