PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Bring on the Red Cubs thread

32nd&Wallace
10-02-2005, 03:14 PM
This is going to be about as agonizing as a Cubs series. Beating the Red Sox would be sooo cathartic for so many Sox fans. I hope we don't have too many Chowdahheads in our park for the first two games.

kaufsox
10-02-2005, 03:18 PM
We won't. Those fast sellouts didn't go to Boston fans, they stayed right at home.

soxfan26
Can we ban fenway now?

RSN33
This is going to be about as agonizing as a Cubs series. Beating the Red Sox would be sooo cathartic for so many Sox fans. I hope we don't have too many Chowdahheads in our park for the first two games.

Why the all the anger? :rolleyes:

Red "Cubs"? Why - because the ballpark is 90+ years old and there's a large fanbase all over North America? I hate the Cubs as well, but c'mon.

Anyway, good luck in advance. May the best team win and hopefully it's good and exciting baseball.

32nd&Wallace
10-02-2005, 03:20 PM
How much long before we have to read articles in the Tribune and SunTimes about Cub fans rooting for the Red Sox...

chiwhitesox035
10-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Bring Em On!!!:angry: :bandance: :supernana:

I'm just happy we get to watch some hometown October baseball!!!!

santo=dorf
Clement is having his typical 2nd half breakdown: 3-4, 5.72 ERA, 1.51 WHIP, 1.40 K/BB. To think Francona whined his way into selecting Clement for the all-star team. :mad:

Schilling has been garbage this year against the Sox, and historically Tim Wakefield has been rocked by the Sox.

How do Red Sox fans expect Manny or Ortiz to knock in any runs if we pitch around them?

32nd&Wallace

Red "Cubs"? Why - because the ballpark is 90+ years old and there's a large fanbase all over North America? I hate the Cubs as well, but c'mon.

Anyway, good luck in advance. May the best team win and hopefully it's good and exciting baseball.I think its not so much the large fanbase, but rather the tendency of that large fan base to think the baseball world revolves around them. The tendency of that fan base to think that no one has suffered or gone through much as them. The overexposure of the Red Sox is nauesating. Basically, Red Sox fans are a bunch of drama queens and many people on this website will tell you the same.

kittle42
10-02-2005, 03:27 PM
If the White Sox' pitching is on as it has been the last time through the rotation, and if they can actually get runners in with situational hitting, they'll be fine.

buehrle4cy05
10-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Boston's bullpen is a laugher. Foulke was ineffective and now is hurt, throwing Timlin into the closer's role. He's their best reliever, but he has been a set-up man all year. While Peter Gammons slobbers all over John Palpabon at every opportunity, he's a rookie who has started for most of his career. Mike Myers is pretty much used only against lefties, and Chad Bradford against righties. They can't honestly put Craig Hanson, their first-round draft pick from this year, on the team. Maybe fenway can refresh me as to who else the Red Cubs have in their bullpen (if he doesn't get banned first).

And then their starting pitching?:rolling:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-02-2005, 03:39 PM
How much long before we have to read articles in the Tribune and SunTimes about Cub fans rooting for the Red Sox...

Most of the playoff tickets went to businesses and other corporate interests. Yes, there are Sox Fans in that number, but we all know Flubbie fans outnumber us at least 3 to 1.

You can be sure plenty of Cubs fans will be wearing newly-purchased Red Sox merchandise. Of course they're not doing it because they hate the Sox. They just like Boston.

And that's the spin you can expect when the Cubune gets a hold of this story.

house215
10-02-2005, 03:40 PM
WHo is pitching game 1 for Boston?

buehrle4cy05
10-02-2005, 03:42 PM

If they keep their same rotation, looks like Boomer is going.

ilsox7
10-02-2005, 03:42 PM
This is easily the best match-up for the Sox. But that really means nothing. Anything can happen in the playoffs and especially in a 5 game series.

ilsox7
10-02-2005, 03:43 PM

Red Sox already announced:

Game 1: Clement
Game 2: Wells
Game 3: Wakefield

PaleHoseGeorge
10-02-2005, 03:44 PM
If they keep their same rotation, looks like Boomer is going.

Boy, we are going to settle a whole lot of old debts in this series.

Bring on that ****ing fatass.

:XL
"I'm a disgrace to this uniform."

buehrle4cy05
10-02-2005, 03:45 PM

No Schilling?

batmanZoSo
10-02-2005, 03:46 PM
We have to keep the ball in the ballpark. Simple. :cool:

soxfan26
10-02-2005, 03:47 PM

:drool:

32nd&Wallace
10-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Most of the playoff tickets went to businesses and other corporate interests. Yes, there are Sox Fans in that number, but we all know Flubbie fans outnumber us at least 3 to 1.

You can be sure plenty of Cubs fans will be wearing newly-purchased Red Sox merchandise. Of course they're not doing it because they hate the Sox. They just like Boston.

And that's the spin you can expect when the Cubune gets a hold of this story.
Oh sure, after all nobody has suffered like those two teams...they're forever linked in baseball history. Sorry, but i don't know how to use teal.

kitekrazy
10-02-2005, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't want to underestimate them. They are still the reigning world champions until.....Friday.:smile:

RetireWoodys28
Visions of that Clement start a couple months ago, during the rain out when we had him on the ropes... I smell some big hits coming Tuesday! And Wells in game two? Pardon me whilst I lick my chops and prepare to tell people, "I told you so."

TUESDAY'S PICK TO CLICK: Jermaine Dye

32nd&Wallace
anybody know of some red sox fan websites. i don't want to cause any trouble, just look to see what they are saying. it's gotta drive them nuts that this is the second year in a row they won't face the cubs in the world series. (again, don't know teal)

soxfan26
10-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Oh sure, after all nobody has suffered like those two teams...they're forever linked in baseball history. Sorry, but i don't know how to use teal.

:tealtutor:

:)

batmanZoSo
10-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Visions of that Clement start a couple months ago, during the rain out when we had him on the ropes... I smell some big hits coming Tuesday! And Wells in game two? Pardon me whilst I lick my chops and prepare to tell people, "I told you so."

Logically, you could expect us to head into Boston looking clinch against...Wakefield? Ha. Of course, you can't expect much with this team, historically. You gotta play the games and you gotta execute.

We can do it, easily. But that doesn't mean we will.

buehrle4cy05
10-02-2005, 03:53 PM
I was perusing a Red Sox fan site (never trolling) just to see the mood there. Doesn't seem overly confident. A lot of "the White Sox are hot again" and "Put your money against another Red Sox-Yankees ALCS". Most predict a 5-game set, unless the Red Sox fall apart.

Definetly not as much confidence as we have here.:cool:

Daver
10-02-2005, 03:57 PM
I don't know Wakefield's career stats against the Sox, but I know they are not very good.

MRKARNO
10-02-2005, 03:58 PM
I don't know Wakefield's career stats against the Sox, but I know they are not very good.

5-10 with a 5.42 ERA in 16 career starts.

SoxFan78
10-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Lets take out the reigning champions first, then take out the ESPNY Yankees to go onto the world series!

I have a feeling there will be quite a few Red Sox jersey's Tuesday and Wednesday though.

longshot7
10-02-2005, 04:04 PM
No Schilling?

game 4.

ChiSoxKB83
10-02-2005, 04:06 PM
anybody know of some red sox fan websites. i don't want to cause any trouble, just look to see what they are saying. it's gotta drive them nuts that this is the second year in a row they won't face the cubs in the world series. (again, don't know teal)

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showforum=5

there's one

Viva Medias B's
10-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Bring on the Red Sox. I like our chances against them.

The Wimperoo
10-02-2005, 04:08 PM
If the bats decide they want to show up against one of the worst pitching staffs to make the playoffs in a while, then there really shouldn't be a problem.

SABRSox
10-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Keeping the ball in the park and good defense will win this series. I feel confident against every Boston pitcher, despite some of the White Sox struggles on offense, which they seemingly have gotten over.

Let's do this thing...

MUsoxfan
10-02-2005, 04:11 PM

Do my eyes decieve me? That can be the best news I've come across since Thursday:D:

longshot7
10-02-2005, 04:12 PM
anyone got the times for games 3,4, & 5 - or where I can find them?

BNLSox
10-02-2005, 04:16 PM

Anyway, good luck in advance. May the best team win and hopefully it's good and exciting baseball.

Well if the best team doesn't win... Congrats on your series victory.

GO WHITE SOX!

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2005, 04:18 PM

:knue
"Coming Monday:Why sCrUBS fans can sympathise with
Red sCrUBS fans".:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:moron
"Ortiz and Ramirez will stone White Sox in 3":rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:boston
"The Sawx are 'America's greatest team' ". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BNLSox
10-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah, where are they hiding the tv schedule... I only have found our game 1 start time... please post all schedule info here!!!

chisoxmike
10-02-2005, 04:21 PM

I believe I heard Friday's game is a night game.

HotelWhiteSox
Game 1: Tuesday, 3 pm central, ESPN: Red Sox @ White Sox

Wow, the White Sox literally got the Yankees and Red Sox into the playoffs, now it's time to eliminate them!

voodoochile

Just because and because fans of both teams swallow that "curse" crap hook line and sinker...

Also, because fans of Boston are always bitching about how the Yankees are nothing but free agents and here comes Boston last year winning the whole sheboodle with 2 (count them two) home grown players on the team. You guys are just the Yankees North without all the championships...

soxfanreggie
10-02-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm loving seeing this pitching line-up. We have someone who is pitching some of the best baseball in the league against someone who is struggling (and a former Cub), MB who is very reliable and a solid pitcher and hopefully will be a solid backbone in the playoffs against a former overpaid underperforming White Sox pitcher and then Wakefield who we usually shell. You have to love our chances. We just need to play the White Sox baseball that we're used to. I think we should also put Brandon on the playoff roster. He has proven he can pitch in big games and win against some good competition.

doublem23
10-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Just because and because fans of both teams swallow that "curse" crap hook line and sinker...

Also, because fans of Boston are always bitching about how the Yankees are nothing but free agents and here comes Boston last year winning the whole sheboodle with 2 (count them two) home grown players on the team. You guys are just the Yankees North without all the championships...

Sshhh... You'll ruin the mystique.

voodoochile
10-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Sshhh... You'll ruin the mystique.

but...

but...

but...

they're so lovable...

:chunks

nasox
10-02-2005, 04:33 PM

I tried that one last night:

Officer. But, officer. Sir, I don't know how to be sober.

:tealpolice:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 04:54 PM

Being raised a 3rd generation White Sox fan I was taught to always hate the Yankees but coming into this season I hated Boston more for several reasons (and cheered for New York over Boston in 2003 & 2004). I hate Boston more, I hate their smug fans more and it is time to let America know who the better Sox are.

Optipessimism
10-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Being raised a 3rd generation White Sox fan I was taught to always hate the Yankees but coming into this season I hated Boston more for several reasons (and cheered for New York over Boston in 2003 & 2004). I hate Boston more, I hate their smug fans more and it is time to let America know who the better Sox are.

I'm with you there. I hate their cockiness most of all though. If roles were reversed and the Sox were going with a starting rotation of Clement/Wells/Wakefield/Schilling? against Contreras/Buerhle/Garcia/Garland, I know I wouldn't be very confident in the chances of my team, but you know the Red Cubs fans are going to be predicting sweeps. So, I don't like their blatant disregard of the suckiness of their team. Also it kind of ticks me off how they think their organization is as good or better than the Yankees because of one seemingly impossible season. The Yanks have always and will always OWN the Red Sox.

CaptainBallz
10-02-2005, 05:03 PM
http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showforum=5

there's one

"I also think that the Red Sox win this series in 4, otherwise Chicago takes it in 5."

Not feelin the fire from that site.

gf2020
10-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Does anybody know the tone of the Red Sox lockroom celebration? Are they hitting the bubbly hard?

HotelWhiteSox
10-02-2005, 05:13 PM
I think we are fine if we attack their hitters. Intimidation leads to walks, leading to trouble with an offensive powerhouse. The Yankees have a similar offense, and we had no problem with them, we just have to prevent getting caught up in the "Ortiz and Ramirez" aura, they're damn good, but have a gameplan that won't screw you in the end.

Let's start a WSI "Everytime the Broadcasters Relate the Cubs in a White Sox game" drinking game.

- You know it'll start with Clement going
- Then you have Bostons 'epic series' at Wrigley, their 1st time in Chicago since, *shock* last year!
- Garciaparra talk will come about
- A comparison of suffering fans and curses?
- And of course, every White Sox national home game telecast is nothing without a shot of Wrigley Field and comparing attendance

buehrle4cy05
10-02-2005, 05:20 PM
I think we are fine if we attack their hitters. Intimidation leads to walks, leading to trouble with an offensive powerhouse. The Yankees have a similar offense, and we had no problem with them, we just have to prevent getting caught up in the "Ortiz and Ramirez" aura, they're damn good, but have a gameplan that won't screw you in the end.

Let's start a WSI "Everytime the Broadcasters Relate the Cubs in a White Sox game" drinking game.

- Then you have Bostons 'epic series' at Wrigley, their 1st time in Chicago since, *shock* last year!
- And of course, every White Sox national home game telecast is nothing without a shot of Wrigley Field and comparing attendance

I'll opt out, it's the mute button and Rooney and Farmio for me. No way I'm listening to any of those brutal ESPN or Fox announcers.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-02-2005, 05:23 PM
I'll opt out, it's the mute button and Rooney and Farmio for me. No way I'm listening to any of those brutal ESPN or Fox announcers.

You got that right. I won't listen to a single minute of either ESPN or Fox coverage. It's Rooney on the radio with the TV volume turned down for me.

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2005, 05:29 PM

Are you trying to get some of us killed from alcohol poisoning?

:)

The_Floridian
10-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Just looked this up. ERA's for the potential starters. Not one of the Red Sox starters has an ERA below 4. Not one of the White Sox starters has an ERA over 4.

Clement--4.57
Wells--4.45
Wakefield--4.15
Schilling--5.98

Contreras--3.61
Buehrle--3.12
Garcia--3.87
Garland--3.50

Sox have a team ERA (3.63) over a point lower than the Red Sox (4.77)

Podsednik has more steals (59) than the entire Red Sox (45)

Liking these stats... :cool:

Madvora
Wait a second. Are we really going to have our home announcers on the radio broadcasts? I thought everything goes to national announcers in the post season.

Palehose13
What's the over/under for number of posts by fenway from now until we eliminate the red cubs?

Chips
10-02-2005, 05:38 PM

Games 4 and 5 will not be necessary. Sox in 3.

Huisj
10-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Wait a second. Are we really going to have our home announcers on the radio broadcasts? I thought everything goes to national announcers in the post season..

Yes, we will. Teams in the playoffs can do their own broadcast. I remember listening Rooney and Farmer during the agonizing extra inning loss to Seattle in game 1 in 2000 in my car while missing the first half of a girls basketball game at my high school (in michigan, girls play in the fall).

The problem with doing that and watching it on ESPN or Fox is that both of those stations will likely have an even worse delay than what Comcast has, which makes for a weird feeling--it's like Rooney and Farmer are predicting the future, because you hear everything that happens about a second or so before you see it.

BNLSox
10-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Just looked this up. ERA's for the potential starters. Not one of the Red Sox starters has an ERA below 4. Not one of the White Sox starters has an ERA over 4.

Clement--4.57
Wells--4.45
Wakefield--4.15
Schilling--5.98

Contreras--3.61
Buehrle--3.12
Garcia--3.87
Garland--3.50

Those are sick stats! We should really win this one. I mean this Red Sox team couldn't even win their division. Talk about Choking!! The Yankees aren't half the team the Toons are and that's a fact Jack.

TDog
10-02-2005, 06:19 PM
.. The problem with doing that and watching it on ESPN or Fox is that both of those stations will likely have an even worse delay than what Comcast has, which makes for a weird feeling--it's like Rooney and Farmer are predicting the future, because you hear everything that happens about a second or so before you see it.

I always had the radio on for sound during televised Sox games when I lived in Wisconsin. The delay for the Saturday Fox games was so irritating that I gave up watching television altogether.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-02-2005, 06:50 PM
I always had the radio on for sound during televised Sox games when I lived in Wisconsin. The delay for the Saturday Fox games was so irritating that I gave up watching television altogether.

I live in the burbs and get the WMVP radio feed directly over the air, but watch the games via satellite on DirecTV. The delay is about 3-5 seconds and I love it. I get to hear exactly what to look for on every pitched ball. It also gives me time to run to the TV and "see" the key plays before they even happen -- plus I still get to watch all the replays, too.

It's like I have my own "replay" button that allows me to choose when I want to "see" a particular play again.

The TV delay is your friend. Embrace it.
:cool:

MikeW
10-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Well living in Connecticut I'm surrounded by Boston and Yankee fans and even though I can't stand either, the Red Sox fans are pretty cool. They all wished us well this season. Good pitching will stop the Red Sox and we just have to hit the ball to Renteria. Gosh, is he awful...

HotelWhiteSox
10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm listening to WEEI online (see bugmenot.com for logins, it's free to register, but saves the hassle), these fans are so full of themselves (it's a given that they are advancing, currently debating on whether they'll face the Yankees or Angels), and these accents make me want to puke, I'd never be able to live there.

EDIT: This was too funny, the hosts ended the show by predicting the Red Flubs would win the series. One predicted a massacre and sweep while the other said 4 games, with one of the wins coming in Chicago.

The callers are funny too. Some guy was crying that there is no one game playoff for the division because the media led him to believe it would happen and he had a party planned, and they ridiculed him, but also took jabs at the Sox by saying anyone sane would rather face us than travel across the coast and face Anaheim.

Then, someone called in to wonder if his 'Game 3' playoff tickets would still be okay since the Red Flubs won the Wild Card. They said ridiculed him and said it was obviously for Friday and hung up. I feel bad for the guy, because they're wrong, the tickets are sold as 'Home Game 1', 'Home Game 2', and 'Home Game 3' which is what the guy had, and no chance of a home game 3 with us having homefield. Wonder if many are that stupid and will show up on Friday?

LongLiveFisk
10-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Well living in Connecticut I'm surrounded by Boston and Yankee fans and even though I can't stand either, the Red Sox fans are pretty cool. They all wished us well this season. Good pitching will stop the Red Sox and we just have to hit the ball to Renteria. Gosh, is he awful...

Well, if we beat them, they won't be too happy with us, unless of course we face the Yanks in Round 2, then they'll be on our side again! :D:

dpbyron
10-02-2005, 07:08 PM

Clement--4.57
Wells--4.45
Wakefield--4.15
Schilling--5.98

Contreras--3.61
Buehrle--3.12
Garcia--3.87
Garland--3.50

Good pitching beats good hitting most of the time in the playoffs. We have the overwelming advantage in pitching. It is not even close...

Clement is either lights out or terrible. We owe fat boy big time. To quote Tony Soprano, "Revenge is like serving coldcuts" And I'd love to shut that arrogant piece of garbage Schilling up...

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 07:09 PM
I just hope I can turn around my White Sox playoff record as they are 0 - 2 (both 1983 games) when I attend (tickets were $6.00 back then or $11.46 in today's money - my have times changed). I have tickets to all three games in the first round so I want to get to .500 minimum before the next round.

Go White Sox!!!

longshot7
10-02-2005, 07:13 PM
FWIW, the geniuses at Baseball Tonight had their series picks:

Phillips picked us
Reynolds picked Boston

I don't think either of them knows jack about the game, but it's interesting that not all those East Coasters picked Boston.

My prediction: If we pitch, we're fine, If we don't, we're done. White Sox in 4.

Pasqua's Posers
10-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Any idea who we might be facing?

I'm thinking it's gonna be either Clement or Arroyo-based upon the 4 days rest needed between their last start

Brian26
10-02-2005, 07:17 PM
And I'd love to shut that arrogant piece of garbage Schilling up...

We own Schilling. We own him.

Chips
10-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Clement

Pasqua's Posers
10-02-2005, 07:19 PM
my bad...i just checked the Sox website and his ugly mug was listed there....:?:

dpbyron
10-02-2005, 07:22 PM
We own Schilling. We own him.

Good call. Didn't we rough him up a couple times when he was getting whacked around as closer?

A_ROW33
10-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Good call. Didn't we rough him up a couple times when he was getting whacked around as closer?

And we beat him in the make up game that McCarthy pitched.

buehrle4cy05
10-02-2005, 07:39 PM

Phillips picked us
Reynolds picked Boston

I don't think either of them knows jack about the game, but it's interesting that not all those East Coasters picked Boston.

My prediction: If we pitch, we're fine, If we don't, we're done. White Sox in 4.

Fixed it for you.:cool:

elrod
10-02-2005, 07:54 PM
I don't worry too much about our starters. But I do worry about our bullpen. They tagged Jenks, Hermy and Marte (duh) pretty bad. We need our starters to go deep into the game.

LongLiveFisk
10-02-2005, 08:08 PM

Phillips picked us
Reynolds picked Boston

And how's this for a shocker: Joe Morgan (no that's not a typo) has picked us as the favorite. I can only surmise this has something to do with his deep, inner resentment of the Red Sox since the '75 Series. What else can it be? :smile:

beckett21
10-02-2005, 08:10 PM
This is going to be fun.

What better way to start the post season than by knocking out the defending WS champions? :cool:

I can't wait until Tuesday; can't they just play tomorrow? :supernana:

Jurr
10-02-2005, 08:16 PM
This is going to be fun.

What better way to start the post season than by knocking out the defending WS champions? :cool:

I think we're going to wake the world up to the power of the South Side. The Red Sox broke their drought last year. It's our turn this year.

buehrle4cy05
10-02-2005, 08:17 PM
This is going to be fun.

Man, the worst is going to be Tuesday afternoon. I have to put on a scene from the Scarlet Letter for my American Lit class and that's about 1.5 hours before the game starts.

elrod
10-02-2005, 08:25 PM
This is going to be fun.

I'm glad we get a day off. I need it to settle down a bit.

Jurr
10-02-2005, 08:31 PM

RED SOX ALREADY ANNOUNCED

Game 1: ****ed
Game 2: ****ed
Game 3: ****ed
Man..I loooove these matchups!:bandance:

dugwood31
10-02-2005, 08:39 PM
I have one thought: Dirty helmets do not make you a gamer.

Lip Man 1
10-02-2005, 08:59 PM
This should be an interesting series because both teams have had success in the other club's home park.

Lip

TheOldRoman
10-02-2005, 09:04 PM
What's the over/under for number of posts by fenway from now until we eliminate the red cubs?
I am going with zero. He will have nothing to say when we win a game. If the Red Sox win a game, he will be too scared of the swift hand of West to speak any smack.

Daver
10-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I am going with zero. He will have nothing to say when we win a game. If the Red Sox win a game, he will be too scared of the swift hand of West to speak any smack.

It is not West that Fenway fears......

mjmcend
10-02-2005, 09:16 PM
You just know that if we go up 2-0 in the series then on Thurday all we will hear is about how this is no big deal for the Red Sox because of thier comeback in the ALCS last year. And that is going to suck, until we sweep them on Friday.

samram
10-02-2005, 09:48 PM
"I also think that the Red Sox win this series in 4, otherwise Chicago takes it in 5."

Not feelin the fire from that site.

For being thought of as baseball's best fans, they know very little about teams other than their own and they're also dumb enough to believe that a team with 99 wins is one of the worst to make the playoffs.

As for this series, I really don't see how the Sox should lose a game given the pitching matchups. This isn't 2000 when all three guys the Sox started had no arms attached to their bodies. The key, IMO, is to keep Damon off base- not because he's a stolen base threat, but because there's only so much one can do against Ortiz and Ramirez and as long as those guys are driving only themselves in, I think the Sox will be fine.

StrTrkker
10-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Boy, we are going to settle a whole lot of old debts in this series.

Bring on that ****ing fatass.

:XL
"I'm a disgrace to this uniform."

Paul Bunyan's pitching game 3 ????

BoSoxGirl75
10-02-2005, 10:09 PM
RED SOX ALREADY ANNOUNCED

Game 1: ****ed
Game 2: ****ed
Game 3: ****ed
Man..I loooove these matchups!:bandance:

Red Sox verse Contreras: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=5373&teamId=2

H HR RBI BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS
33 8 26 17 28 .327 .426 .624 1.050

On July 24th he faced the Red Sox and went 6.2 Innings giving up 8 hits and 3 ER.

The White Sox verse Clement: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=3938&teamId=4

H HR RBI BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS
37 6 23 14 27 .316 .394 .530 .924

On July 20th he faced the White Sox and went 6 Innings giving up 6 hits and 4 ER.

Comparing the two starters from game 1 I don't see how the Sox are "******" as you put it. Contreras is definitely on a hot streak whereas Clement hasn't pitched as well since he got hit with the line drive. I just don't think that this game or series is a lock for either team. May the best team win. :)

gogosox35
10-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Tomorrow is going to be the longest day in history. I am so ready for this series I just can't wait. I agree with the Red Sox being the best possible team we could see, and as much as I'm telling myself be careful what you wish for, I absolutely love our chances. It is going to be a dogfight. That all being said, I'm saying White Sox in 4 and a return trip to the ALCS for the first time in over a decade.

HotelWhiteSox
10-02-2005, 10:55 PM
I am so pumped right NOW! I am happy this is a 3 pm game, because I'd go crazy waiting til 7. I can come home from school Tuesday/pre game and take care of homework, then focus completely on baseball. I want it to start ASAP, but am grateful it's not tomorrow since I will be at school all day (both day and night classes).

On the flip side, day/afternoon games can suck if the result is not right, but there is a game the next day to change that and I have complete confidence in Jose.

Oh how I have missed playoff baseball, LETS PUMP THESE CHUMPS!

Not that I have to tell Sox fans, but the crowd can affect the other team! Just see what we did on that Tuesday night to Cleveland's defense and bullpen. But the next day, a fullhouse sounded dead. Not that there was much to cheer about, but initiate it, make every pitch life or death and let's give our team a home field advantage! BOSTON RED SOX, YOU'VE BEEN, THUNDERSTRUCK!

Flight #24
10-02-2005, 11:13 PM
As for this series, I really don't see how the Sox should lose a game given the pitching matchups. This isn't 2000 when all three guys the Sox started had no arms attached to their bodies. The key, IMO, is to keep Damon off base- not because he's a stolen base threat, but because there's only so much one can do against Ortiz and Ramirez and as long as those guys are driving only themselves in, I think the Sox will be fine.

100% dead on. They need to get the guys ahead of Manny & Ortiz. While good pitching usually beats good hitting, those 2 guys are unreal, and pretty clutch as well. And we all know our offense isn't guaranteed to put up big numbers even against their mediocre at best pitchers.

I like the matchups better, but is a team capable of slugging their way past the first round if we don't bring our "A" game. I have confidence after the way they closed things out in DET/CLE that they will bring said game.

fuzzy_patters
10-02-2005, 11:34 PM

According to the ticker on ESPN, Game 2 is Wednesday at 7 CT and Game 3 is Friday at 3 CT. They did not list times for games 4 and 5, and I assume they have not been set since those games might not be necessary. They wouldn't want to schedule a game 4 for the primetime game and have that series be clinched when they could have put one of the other series in that spot.

Huisj
10-02-2005, 11:59 PM
I live in the burbs and get the WMVP radio feed directly over the air, but watch the games via satellite on DirecTV. The delay is about 3-5 seconds and I love it. I get to hear exactly what to look for on every pitched ball. It also gives me time to run to the TV and "see" the key plays before they even happen -- plus I still get to watch all the replays, too.

It's like I have my own "replay" button that allows me to choose when I want to "see" a particular play again.

The TV delay is your friend. Embrace it.
:cool:

I can see how that would be kind of neat actually, especially since Rooney and Farmer are so beautifully descriptive about the happenings of each play, but if the delay is only a second or so like it might be on cable, I think it'd be tough for me to digest all that at once and get much out of it.

Rough changes these last few days--instead of worrying about the sox offense or what they might need to do against cleveland to get into the playoffs, my biggest concerns are over radio/TV delay times. :D:

Brewski
10-03-2005, 12:01 AM

TUESDAY'S PICK TO CLICK: Jermaine Dye

If you need a better reason to detest Clement, he used us for leverage last winter before he signed with Boston (the money we offered was close, IIRC).

SOX ADDICT '73
10-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Terry Francona and a few Red Sox players have been pissing and moaning - during their clubhouse celebration interviews - that they "didn't win the East division outright, only tied it." Francona actually had the balls to say, "I'm disappointed that we won't get to hang one of those banners, because that would've been a nice thing for the fans." Hey moron, did you forget about winning the freaking World Series last year? So, you think that meant less to your long-suffering fans because you went in as a Wild Card then?

And that crap a few of them have been spouting about "tying for the division lead" should be a reminder to White Sox fans how important it was to put away the Jndians this weekend. I pictured seeing signs at their park next year claiming a "2005 Central Division Co-Championship."

Unregistered
10-03-2005, 12:16 AM
We have to keep the ball in the ballpark. Simple. :cool:
We need to pitch around Ortiz and Ramirez and not let them beat us. Please Ozzie, don't challenge these guys every pitch.

StockdaleForVeep
10-03-2005, 03:22 AM
Why is there any comparison with the cubs and red sox

Cubs are a horrible team and the red sox are a devestatingly terrifying team. I see no similarities at all other than old parks and one team is synonymous with losing with the other team being synonymous with winning but not good enough for constant world series'

WSoxFanForever
10-03-2005, 08:35 AM
The Red Sox won the WC because we swept Cleveland or they may not even be in the post-season. They owe us :smile: Actually, their pitching almost cost them the post-season and Clement has been certifiably awful of late. I wouldn't let Manny or Ortiz beat us either. Their line-up is fearsome, but I trust our guys to do the job.