PDA

View Full Version : Stretch Run Analysis Perspective

voodoochile
10-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Okay when September opened, the Sox were struggling a bit, the toons were rocking and stomping and the board was in the beginning stages of an epic meltdown the likes of which have rarely been seen. It was just starting to get ugly and there was much talk of what it would take to get to the playoffs.

In this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56832), I talked about what it would take for the Sox to fall out of the playoffs.

Well, some of my analysis was dead on. I predicted the Angels and Yankees to win their division. In addition, the Sox succeeded in beating the goal of playinf .500 ball and thus exceeded the 96 win total that I used as a measuring stick.

Still, at the end of the season, only two teams from the group that entered the final 32 days of the season as playoff contenders made it to 96 wins. One was obviously the Sox and the other is the Yankees.

Yeah, I'm doing a bit of bragging, because honestly I am proud of the predictions I made, but I also wanted to remind everyone to keep things in perspective the next time this happens. In the end, no one caught the Sox and it wasn't for lack of trying, it simply was because the Sox lead was to freaking big to lose.

Now let's go get 'em in the playoffs.

RKMeibalane
10-02-2005, 01:47 PM
It's looking more and more like the Sox are going to see Boston when the ALDS opens on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to seeing the real Sox pound away at the Red Cubs.

ilsox7
10-02-2005, 01:50 PM
It's looking more and more like the Sox are going to see Boston when the ALDS opens on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to seeing the real Sox pound away at the Red Cubs.

This will be only the 2nd visit to Chicago for the Boston Club since 1918.