PDA

View Full Version : Umpire crews

eastchicagosoxfan
10-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Has MLB disclosed what crews will be working the Sox series? It certainly seems that there are a few umps the Sox would rather not see.

TDog
10-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Has MLB disclosed what crews will be working the Sox series? It certainly seems that there are a few umps the Sox would rather not see.

I haven't seen any mention of the postseason umpiring crews, but I do know they are supposed to be chosen by merit.

bigfoot
10-02-2005, 07:15 PM
I haven't seen any mention of the postseason umpiring crews, but I do know they are supposed to be chosen by merit.

Soooo.......That will make Hunter Wendelstadt the Home Plate umpire for the Sox/Boston game, right?

Neilsen ratings will make the call?
:tongue:

HotelWhiteSox
10-02-2005, 07:16 PM
I was wondering the same exact thing, was about to post it, do we have to wait til the game or some pregame on the same day?

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2005, 07:17 PM
If they're chosen based on merit, then Hunter Wendelstadt should be sitting at home on his Barcalounger with a cold one in hand, and nowhere near US Cellular Field.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Soooo.......That will make Hunter Wendelstadt the Home Plate umpire for the Sox/Boston game, right?

Neilsen ratings will make the call?
:tongue:
If this ends up being "no teal necessary," we'll know for sure that MLB has a bias.

First of all, Wendelstedt, Froemming & Co. have already been "disciplined" by the league for their behavior (specifically in the Sox/Oakland series), and thus should not be deserving of the honor of a post-season appearance. I mean, how often do you hear of this happening to an umpiring crew? Though we never found out what "disciplined" meant, it's clear that MLB found these clowns' antics deserving of some kind of reprimand.

Secondly, given Hunter's history of antagonism concerning Ozzie, there's no way these inept, grudge-bearing idiots should be allowed anywhere near games that involve the White Sox.

Foulke You
10-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Which crew umped this series in Cleveland? I thought they did a great job and hardly ever missed a call. You barely knew they were there.

It is my understanding that postseason games are umped based on seniority. Most of the veteran umps will be assigned to the playoffs and I think that means Wendelstadt, Froemming, and company will be umping a game in one of the divisional series. Here is hoping they report for duty to Turner Field on Tuesday.:tongue:

Palehose13
10-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Which crew umped this series in Cleveland? I thought they did a great job and hardly ever missed a call. You barely knew they were there.

It is my understanding that postseason games are umped based on seniority. Most of the veteran umps will be assigned to the playoffs and I think that means Wendelstadt, Froemming, and company will be umping a game in one of the divisional series. Here is hoping they report for duty to Turner Field on Tuesday.:tongue:

Was it Cedarstrom's crew?

*edit: Why yes, it was. :smile:
Umpires: HP--Gary Cederstrom. 1B--Bill Welke. 2B--Brian Onora. 3B--Tim Welke.