PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Cleveland!

cbone
10-02-2005, 12:00 PM
An incredible trip. 4 of us went and caught Friday's and Sat. games. Great park but goofy fans. No troublemakers, but at Friday's game when the bottom of the 13 was coming there was a mass exodus. Tons of people leaving as their team is fighting for their playoff life. They are also big fans of standing during the game. even when the Sox are batting and they need a big out, they stand.

Last night made the trip perfect. We went to Morton's for dinner. We went into the bar after dinner and who do we see at a table? A.J. Paulie and Rowand! Very nice and cordial, signed autographs for us and were great. We sent them over a bottle of champagne. They toasted to getting to the world series and left soon after becuase they said Ozzie was starting them today.

A great experience. Cleveland was great, if your'e looking for a good road trip next year, I would suggest it! An hour flight, a ton of hotels and restaurants that you can walk to the park from.

Frankfan4life
10-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the info. Wow, you guys had a really great trip. I wish I could have gone.

I'd of thought they would have been pretty sick of champagne by then. I'm surprised they drank it instead of spraying it! :smile:

Soxfanspcu11
10-02-2005, 12:28 PM
They are also big fans of standing during the game. even when the Sox are batting and they need a big out, they stand.

Whats wrong with standing? I NEVER sit at a game. Infact I just buy the cheapest 100 level seats I can, singles if need be and me and my friends stand the entire game. And no it's not because we are walking around and missing the action, we watch every pitch, but we stand behind the bleachers or the concourse. I know some people may not like standing for 3+ hours but it's really no big deal, it's actually better, sitting down makes you nervous and antzy (at least me) especially in big games. At least when standing you can sorta kinda pace and stuff when things get tense. Anyway thats just my personal preference. Glad you represented in Cleveland!

ilsox7
10-02-2005, 02:13 PM
An incredible trip. 4 of us went and caught Friday's and Sat. games. Great park but goofy fans. No troublemakers, but at Friday's game when the bottom of the 13 was coming there was a mass exodus. Tons of people leaving as their team is fighting for their playoff life. They are also big fans of standing during the game. even when the Sox are batting and they need a big out, they stand.

Last night made the trip perfect. We went to Morton's for dinner. We went into the bar after dinner and who do we see at a table? A.J. Paulie and Rowand! Very nice and cordial, signed autographs for us and were great. We sent them over a bottle of champagne. They toasted to getting to the world series and left soon after becuase they said Ozzie was starting them today.

A great experience. Cleveland was great, if your'e looking for a good road trip next year, I would suggest it! An hour flight, a ton of hotels and restaurants that you can walk to the park from.

Next time I'd suggest the Cleveland Chop House or Great Lakes Brewery for dinner. And yes, Cleveland gets a bad reputation...it is not a bad place at all!

mike squires
10-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Whats wrong with standing? I NEVER sit at a game. Infact I just buy the cheapest 100 level seats I can, singles if need be and me and my friends stand the entire game. And no it's not because we are walking around and missing the action, we watch every pitch, but we stand behind the bleachers or the concourse. I know some people may not like standing for 3+ hours but it's really no big deal, it's actually better, sitting down makes you nervous and antzy (at least me) especially in big games. At least when standing you can sorta kinda pace and stuff when things get tense. Anyway thats just my personal preference. Glad you represented in Cleveland!

I agree! It was nice to see us standing on a big play or big game situation. THe entire bowl were standing, something you see a lot. We need to go crazy on Tuesday and Wednesday. I want the place rockin.