PDA

View Full Version : Sox Basement

rhill72
10-02-2005, 09:55 AM
I need some help from my sox brothers and sisters. I just got done building our house and am getting ready to finish off the basement in a complete "White Sox theme". During construction I had our plumber rough in for a wet bar and in the bathroom rough in for a urinal. Once done I plan on putting above the urinal a USA Today newspaper that I have of a husband and wife in their cubs gear holding each other both crying after the cubs blew it in 2003. Then (and I thought this was great) my buddys wife suggested that I find urinal cakes with the cubs logo on it to put in the urinal. I have a bunch of friends that are cubs fans and have them come over for a few beers and have to use the urinal would be hillarious. I have slowly started collecting old sox memorabilia. My prize possesion right now is a team signed '59 ball that my grandfather got signed. My question is are there any restaurant/bar people out there that could help me with the cakes? Also would appreciate any other ideas for the basement. Its probably going to be an ongoing project, but once done maybe I can take some pictures and put them up on the site. TIA. BRING ON THE BOSSOX/ANGELS!!

Craig Grebeck
10-02-2005, 09:58 AM
I suggest some kind of Ron Karkovice wall/corner/tribute

TornLabrum
10-02-2005, 10:03 AM

How about a corner devoted to some of the guys in the "Worst Sox Player Ever" thread?

sas1974
10-02-2005, 10:24 AM
What? No trough?

Craig Grebeck
10-02-2005, 10:44 AM
How about a corner devoted to some of the guys in the "Worst Sox Player Ever" thread?

hahah, seriously...it'd be so much more fun tracking down chris snopek and warren newson memorabilia

michned
10-02-2005, 10:55 AM
...my buddys wife suggested that I find urinal cakes with the cubs logo on it to put in the urinal.

:rolling:

That is truly hilarious! Best of luck with your search, and, if you find them (even though it's a freaking toilet) we'll need a picture!

gaelhound
10-02-2005, 11:25 AM
I know there is a way to get TP printed with photo/logo images. Cubbie urinnal cakes and Ernie Banks toilet paper. I'm going to get a pitcher of beer and a bowl of all bran!:tongue:

CLR01
10-02-2005, 04:23 PM
I need some help from my sox brothers and sisters. I just got done building our house and am getting ready to finish off the basement in a complete "White Sox theme". During construction I had our plumber rough in for a wet bar and in the bathroom rough in for a urinal. Once done I plan on putting above the urinal a USA Today newspaper that I have of a husband and wife in their cubs gear holding each other both crying after the cubs blew it in 2003. Then (and I thought this was great) my buddys wife suggested that I find urinal cakes with the cubs logo on it to put in the urinal. I have a bunch of friends that are cubs fans and have them come over for a few beers and have to use the urinal would be hillarious. I have slowly started collecting old sox memorabilia. My prize possesion right now is a team signed '59 ball that my grandfather got signed. My question is are there any restaurant/bar people out there that could help me with the cakes? Also would appreciate any other ideas for the basement. Its probably going to be an ongoing project, but once done maybe I can take some pictures and put them up on the site. TIA. BRING ON THE BOSSOX/ANGELS!!

HELL YES! It just is not a complete White Sox themed basement without something Cub related in there. :rolleyes: Pathetic

nasox
10-02-2005, 04:29 PM

That is truly hilarious! Best of luck with your search, and, if you find them (even though it's a freaking toilet) we'll need a picture!

this is where peeonwrigley could come in handy

bobelou72
10-02-2005, 04:36 PM
I have a White Sox basement And it's great place to go and watch a Sox game. I'm sure you will enjoy it. I like the idea about the Cub cakes. I'm also saving a wall for the 2005 world champion White Sox :supernana:
It might be a cool pic gallery of others who have a Sox basement

RetireWoodys28
10-02-2005, 04:40 PM
How about a mounted goat's head on one of the walls?

skobabe8
10-02-2005, 06:23 PM
I think its Oakbrook Mall (the one by IKEA) that has a store full of bar supplies. They have some white sox/miller lite signs that are pretty cool.

tromcoe
10-02-2005, 08:41 PM
HELL YES! It just is not a complete White Sox themed basement without something Cub related in there. :rolleyes: Pathetic

I have to agree with this comment. I have Sox wall and it is a tribute to my favorite team. I do not waste time worrying about anything else. I would agree that the unrinal cakes are a funny idea, but rubbing Cubs suck type stuff is only showboating. Also, if you have any freinds who are Cubs fans, do not expect them over much.

Some of the Items that I have on my wall are Autographed balls, a Frank Thomas Game Bat, some toys, and a couple posters.

DrummerGeorgefan
10-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Not sure what kind of area you have to work with, but I'd like to suggest putting a picnic table down there and painting the wall behind it green with 'picnic area' above it. I always liked that feature of the old park.

You can get some really great pictures from the Bob Horsch galleries. I have a few of the last fireworks show at the old park that are time lapse, so it looks like the light standards are exploding or the roof is crying.

Also, I second the Officer Karkovice corner.

Kevin
10-02-2005, 09:58 PM

Let me tell you something, I am a very recent graduate of Boone High School in Orlando. Also graduating from there? Mr. Ron Karkovice. Now, 2 or 3 blocks from both of our old high school, there is Ron's Major League Deli, owned by Karkovice. The place is basically a shrine to Officer Karko and the rest of the late 80's-early 90's sox teams. That being said, Karko is there pretty much 24/7, but never wants to talk White Sox with me....sigh...

rhill72
10-02-2005, 09:59 PM
I am a huge Carlton Fisk fan (hence rhill72) so there will be plenty of Fisk memorabilia in the basement. My ultimate goal is to someday have a "game used Fisk Jersey" down there. That will probably run me close to 5k, but well worth it. My original plan was to somehow find the same white sox murals that they have on the upper deck at the cell, and line my walls with that, but am having problems finding it. Any help there would also be appreciated.

DaleJRFan
10-02-2005, 10:41 PM
I think its Oakbrook Mall (the one by IKEA) that has a store full of bar supplies. They have some white sox/miller lite signs that are pretty cool.

That would be WOODFIELD the mall by Ikea. There is a store on the second floor adjacent to JC Penney's that sells lots of cool beer signs. There are also TWO stores in Woodfield that sell nothing BUT sports stuffs.

There is also a large store in Stratford Square mall in Bloomingdale that carries similar stuffs.

StillMissOzzie
10-02-2005, 11:08 PM
That would be WOODFIELD the mall by Ikea. There is a store on the second floor adjacent to JC Penney's that sells lots of cool beer signs. There are also TWO stores in Woodfield that sell nothing BUT sports stuffs.

There is also a large store in Stratford Square mall in Bloomingdale that carries similar stuffs.

There's also a store called Steven's Brewery Collectibles at Yorktown Mall in Lombard that has plenty of Sox & other sports-related neon signs, banners, etc.

SMO
:bandance:

kaufsox
10-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Seeing how they are swaping out the blue seats for the green this year, why not try and get a few of those for your basement. I always thought old seats were a nice touch in a sports basement.

DaleJRFan
10-02-2005, 11:20 PM
by the way...
:threadrules:

peeonwrigley
10-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Let me tell you something, I am a very recent graduate of Boone High School in Orlando. Also graduating from there? Mr. Ron Karkovice. Now, 2 or 3 blocks from both of our old high school, there is Ron's Major League Deli, owned by Karkovice. The place is basically a shrine to Officer Karko and the rest of the late 80's-early 90's sox teams. That being said, Karko is there pretty much 24/7, but never wants to talk White Sox with me....sigh...

Officer Karkovice was kept on a major league roster about 8 years longer than he deserved to be by the White Sox. I'm sure his salary funded this deli venture. He should be forced to endure any Sox fan that wants to talk about his team, like I was forced to endure his .221 career average.

the gooch
10-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Seeing how they are swaping out the blue seats for the green this year, why not try and get a few of those for your basement. I always thought old seats were a nice touch in a sports basement.
yeah, i have a pair. and come december when my house is ready, i plan to set them up in my basement.

eriqjaffe
10-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Once done I plan on putting above the urinal a USA Today newspaper that I have of a husband and wife in their cubs gear holding each other both crying after the cubs blew it in 2003.If you insist on doing some anti-Cubs stuff, why not get one of these:

http://ronveenstra.com/images/pictures/cubs_game/l_flag.jpg

...after all, what better to fly over a Urinal?