PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to boston?

soxwon
10-02-2005, 12:30 AM
If the sox play Boston, anyone going to go there next fri-sat
flights from midway are around $370 ohare $500
if you leave fri morning.

soxfanreggie
10-02-2005, 01:31 AM
Would probably cost another $500 or so for tickets...

BRDSR
10-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Plus, everyone already got tickets to Anaheim, so they'll all be using those, relaxing in the California sun and going to Disneyland while the White Sox are in Boston winning their first playoff series in forever.

Craig Grebeck
10-02-2005, 09:51 AM
as the odds would have it, i'll actually be in boston from the 6th through the 13th visiting friends...and staying blocks away from the big green thing

what are my odds in getting a single scalped ticket, and how much would i have to pay?

A. Cavatica
10-02-2005, 10:02 AM
what are my odds in getting a single scalped ticket, and how much would i have to pay?

I'm guessing $500 and up for an upper bleacher ticket. And those are not good seats.

A. Cavatica
10-02-2005, 10:10 AM
I just saw an eBay auction end for a single ticket to the first game at Fenway. Infield grandstand, first base side, which is a pretty good location (though the seats are uncomfortable and there are a lot of obstructed views).

$178.50 plus $21 shipping.

Someone got a pretty good deal...

BRDSR
10-02-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm guessing $500 and up for an upper bleacher ticket. And those are not good seats.

Maybe for two seats you'd have to pay $500 per seat, but my suggestion would be to pretend you need two, talk about how you need to get you and your wife in, and then talk the guy down because its only a single ticket. Not that you still won't be paying $300 or anything. It'll be expensive, no doubt.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Maybe for two seats you'd have to pay $500 per seat, but my suggestion would be to pretend you need two, talk about how you need to get you and your wife in, and then talk the guy down because its only a single ticket. Not that you still won't be paying $300 or anything. It'll be expensive, no doubt.

Actually this is not a good strategy as scalpers won't break up a pair of tickets unless it is game time / the game is underway when he is looking to get something period.

The bad news is most scalpers are looking to unload pairs which works against people looking for one.

The Good News is regular people will sometimes have an extra due to someone not being able to make it based on personal reasons at the last minute and then you can get yourself a very good deal (maybe a little over face for a playoff game whereas if it was a regular game you would probably get the ticket at or less than face).

Palehose13
10-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Plus, everyone already got tickets to Anaheim, so they'll all be using those, relaxing in the California sun and going to Disneyland while the White Sox are in Boston winning their first playoff series in forever.

Yep. I knew it would be win-win to book a flight to CA. However, I still wouldn't mind 2 Indian wins and 2 Boston losses. :cool: