PDA

View Full Version : Per Cubune, Game 1 Tuesday @ 3:09 p.m.

Viva Medias B's
10-01-2005, 11:50 PM
According to the Cubune, Game 1 of the American League Divisional Series for us will be Tuesday at 3:09 p.m. against either the Boston Red Sox or the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Link (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-051001soxgamer,1,6974332.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed), for those of you Tribune-registered.

DannyCaterFan
10-01-2005, 11:52 PM
You are correct. MLB.com has our game at 3:00, while the Yankees will open at night. Gee, what a surprise.

ChiSoxGirl
10-01-2005, 11:55 PM
According to the Cubune, Game 1 of the American League Divisional Series for us will be Tuesday at 3:09 p.m. against either the Boston Red Sox or the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Link (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-051001soxgamer,1,6974332.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed), for those of you Tribune-registered.

Fabulous. Looks like I'll be burnin' a personal day on Tuesday afterall! :angry: As a teacher, it's such a production to take a day off, but since my assistant principal has encouraged me to do so since this is "my team," I'm doing it. :bandance:

ND_Sox_Fan
10-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Maybe this means we will get the night game on Wednesday....

popilius
10-02-2005, 12:01 AM
:angry: As a teacher, it's such a production to take a day off

You can say that again! I still haven't figured out when to announce my day off on Tuesday. . . plus, 2 other teachers at my school have to do the same. . .

ChiSoxGirl
10-02-2005, 12:05 AM
You can say that again! I still haven't figured out when to announce my day off on Tuesday. . . plus, 2 other teachers at my school have to do the same. . .

Seeing as I'm one of only two Sox fan teachers on staff, this will be a non-issue. Plus, my assistant principal told me yesterday that the principal & her husband are supposedly huge Sox fans, unbeknownst to me!

The assistant principal told me to check with one of the subs who was working on Friday if she's free for Tuesday (she is), and then said all I'd have to do is tell the principal on Monday. I know everyone in the building will figure out where I am, but as I was told, it's a PERSONAL DAY and is to be used however you want and for personal reasons. I'd consider Game 1 of the ALDS a "personal reason," wouldn't you?! :wink:

StillMissOzzie
10-02-2005, 12:10 AM
I know everyone in the building will figure out where I am, but as I was told, it's a PERSONAL DAY and is to be used however you want and for personal reasons. I'd consider Game 1 of the ALDS a "personal reason," wouldn't you?! :wink:

Yep, a private gathering of yourself and appx 38,000 of your close personal friends.

SMO
:bandance:

soxjim
10-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Now how to take off from work. My wife just came home with 2 tickets. I have no time on the books and she is a teacher. Like all ways I will figure something out. So excited I can't sleep right now.

ElevenUp
10-02-2005, 12:19 AM
This is actually a good thing for me. I have the day off on tuesday, but I have to attend a CPR class tuesday night from 7-10.

chisoxfanatic
10-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Fabulous. Looks like I'll be burnin' a personal day on Tuesday afterall! :angry: As a teacher, it's such a production to take a day off, but since my assistant principal has encouraged me to do so since this is "my team," I'm doing it. :bandance:

You're going too, Jen? Kool!!! See ya Tuesday.

Fortunately, I get off work before 2 as it is and work on the south side, so I don't have to burn a personal day...I'll be using that for Friday so that I can sleep in for a day when my hunnie is in from Canada.

ChiSoxGirl
10-02-2005, 12:30 AM
You're going too, Jen? Kool!!! See ya Tuesday.

Fortunately, I get off work before 2 as it is and work on the south side, so I don't have to burn a personal day...I'll be using that for Friday so that I can sleep in for a day when my hunnie is in from Canada.

We have an In Service on Friday from 8:30a-12:30p, so I'll be out and home in enough time to watch Game 3! :bandance:

I also have tickets for Game 5, which is scheduled for Sunday, so I guess this burning a personal day on Tuesday isn't that bad....

brewcrew/chisox
10-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Seeing as I'm one of only two Sox fan teachers on staff, this will be a non-issue. Plus, my assistant principal told me yesterday that the principal & her husband are supposedly huge Sox fans, unbeknownst to me!

The assistant principal told me to check with one of the subs who was working on Friday if she's free for Tuesday (she is), and then said all I'd have to do is tell the principal on Monday. I know everyone in the building will figure out where I am, but as I was told, it's a PERSONAL DAY and is to be used however you want and for personal reasons. I'd consider Game 1 of the ALDS a "personal reason," wouldn't you?! :wink:
:supernana:

Huge banana dance! I finish teaching at 2:00

mike squires
10-02-2005, 01:20 AM
I actually have the entire month off (I prepared for this months ago) so the date and time is really a non issue for me. But, it would have definately been just a tad more exciting to see them in primetime.

You mean to tell me the Yank/Angles would rate better than the Sox and last years World Series champs? You gotta be kidding me...

mike squires
10-02-2005, 01:23 AM
Any info on what time game 2 would be???

Huisj
10-02-2005, 01:25 AM
This could actually work out great for me. I've got my first exam of the semester on Tuesday morning, then I'll work on research for a few hours, and then come home and watch the game before meeting up with a friend of mine from Purdue who's coming here for the Weezer/Foo Fighters show in the evening.

Crede_Fan
10-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Will the game be moved if there is a one game playoff between Cleveland and Boston?

kkappelk
10-02-2005, 08:05 AM
confirmed by mlb

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051001&content_id=1233469&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

When Division Series play commences on Tuesday, Game One of the American League Division Series involving the AL East Champion New York Yankees will be played at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on FOX with the other ALDS starting at 4:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. Game One of the National League Division Series involving the NL West Champion San Diego Padres will be held at 1:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. The entire Division Series will be available on ESPN Radio.

kninchicago
10-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Oh hell yeah. I work in the Loop so I can get there fast and now I only have to skip lunch and eat at my desk that day and then make up one more hour somewhere else during the week! I was worried for a 12:00 start, in which case I'd be makin up lots of hours.

FoulkeFan
10-02-2005, 08:41 AM
confirmed by mlb

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051001&content_id=1233469&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

When Division Series play commences on Tuesday, Game One of the American League Division Series involving the AL East Champion New York Yankees will be played at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on FOX with the other ALDS starting at 4:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. Game One of the National League Division Series involving the NL West Champion San Diego Padres will be held at 1:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. The entire Division Series will be available on ESPN Radio.

No bias here - we're "the other ALDS ". Gotta love MLB.

TornLabrum
10-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Looks like this won't turn out to badly for me. I teach three classes by 10:14 and can be home around noon to pick up Jeff. Another 45 minutes to the ball park, and I can be there between 1:00 and 1:30. All I have to find out is if I can get a personal business day approved in that short a turnaround time.

VenturaFan23
10-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Not ESPN!! Man, Hawk and DJ should lock themselves in the booth for the playoffs. You just know ESPN will somehow find a way to slip in a cubs reference during the game!

DumpJerry
10-02-2005, 09:02 AM
What to do, what to do.............I can come to Game 1, but would have to leave early because of family comittment..............a Noon start would have solved the problem.

Ol' No. 2
10-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Now how to take off from work. My wife just came home with 2 tickets. I have no time on the books and she is a teacher. Like all ways I will figure something out. So excited I can't sleep right now.I'm planning on having a fever on Tuesday. I just won't mention what kind.:D:

Wsoxmike59
10-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Now how to take off from work. My wife just came home with 2 tickets. I have no time on the books and she is a teacher. Like all ways I will figure something out. So excited I can't sleep right now.

<cough, cough!> You're looking a little under the weather Jim, perhaps you're coming down with a little "bug".

SICK DAY!!! :D:

Kogs35
10-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Not ESPN!! Man, Hawk and DJ should lock themselves in the booth for the playoffs. You just know ESPN will somehow find a way to slip in a cubs reference during the game!

espn will have game 2 since fox isnt broadcasting that night. its espn all day

Flight #24
10-02-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm planning on having a fever on Tuesday. I just won't mention what kind.:D:

http://213.133.111.165/~gabriela/textbilder/inhalt_snl_neu_60.jpg
And the only prescription is More White Sox!

Palehose13
10-02-2005, 11:19 AM

I have the solution for you: year-round school. I go in tomorrow to do grades and then I don't come back until October 24th. :D:

CHEESESOXER
10-02-2005, 11:32 AM
I have great seats for all the games~~~~

front row, couch.

Go Sox!!

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Sigh...oh well, I guess having to only take 1/2 day off work is better than burning an entire day.

I'm guessing Wednesday's game will probably be the same time?

WhiteSox16K
10-02-2005, 11:50 AM
This, for me, is actually great news. I have an exam at 11:30 on Tuesday and will get out by 12:15. Perfect time to make the trek in from DeKalb, meet my brother (coming from work downtown) in the lot, and watch the sox open a can on [insert team]. :D:

Foulke You
10-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Sigh...oh well, I guess having to only take 1/2 day off work is better than burning an entire day.

This surprises me. I thought if we played the defending champion Red Sox, we'd have a shot at the 7PM time slot. Maybe they are splitting their two favorite teams prime time slot. Perhaps NY gets it on Tuesday and Boston gets in on Wednesday?

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I'm going to have to take a half day on Tuesday and maybe one on Wednesday too. Keeping my fingers crossed that Wednesday is a night game. Friggin' Yankees.:mad:

jdm2662
10-02-2005, 12:36 PM
You got to love the timing of the playoffs. Very little has gone at my work for about two months, and now we got a huge project launching tommorrow. It's going to require longer hours. Looks like I'll be watching the games on MLB.com... Blah!

Enjoy the game who's ever going. Let's hope we get to see something most of us have never seen before, a Sox home playoff win!

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Many teachers on this board - I hope you are teaching your students Be Chicago White Sox fans and to shun all things cub!!!

Have tickets for Games 1 & 5 and working on 2! :bandance: :bandance:

Palehose13
10-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Many teachers on this board - I hope you are teaching your students Be Chicago White Sox fans and to shun all things cub!!!

Have tickets for Games 1 & 5 and working on 2! :bandance: :bandance:

Absolutely. I'm fine with Brewer fans up here, but if I see anything cub...they get it from me.

cwsfannick
10-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Does anybody know when the parking lots will open? Will this be similiar to the Cubs Series? I was not here in Chicago during the 2000 playoffs, so I wasn't sure if they open earlier or if it is the standard 2 hours.

Kogs35
10-02-2005, 01:45 PM

thats up to espn who gets the wed night primetime game. fox has the night off. they also have friday night off

Mots09
10-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Do you think if the Indians lose the RSox win they will announce the time of the Game for Wednesday?

regards
Matt

ChiSoxPatF
10-02-2005, 02:13 PM
This could barely be a worse time for me!:angry: My classes ending at noon and being a three hour drive away from the Cell!? Flippin' Yankee-owned MLB.

Mots09
10-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Hawk just read my email on air and indicated he saw on the bullentin board (don't know which one he is talking about) but the game on Wednesday is at 3PM.

Regards
Matt

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2005, 02:28 PM
You got to love the timing of the playoffs. Very little has gone at my work for about two months, and now we got a huge project launching tommorrow. It's going to require longer hours. Looks like I'll be watching the games on MLB.com... Blah!

Enjoy the game who's ever going. Let's hope we get to see something most of us have never seen before, a Sox home playoff win!

All playoff games are blacked out - you will be able to see the game replay. I have the audio as well which is never blacked out.

We will be cheering for you!!!

Viva Medias B's
10-02-2005, 04:10 PM
I'll be at Tuesday's game, but I probably won't make Wednesday's game (no matter what time it is) because of work.

whitesoxfan
10-02-2005, 04:21 PM
thank god..i was worried it would be one of those early games that start at noon. I get out of school at 2:45 so i'll have no problem seeing Game 1 :smile:

hanger
10-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Wednesday's game will be at 6:00 Chicago Time. Friday's game at Boston is scheduled for 3:00 Chicago Time.

Kogs35
10-02-2005, 10:06 PM
mike piazza will be in the booth on tuesday afternoon not sure who r the other 2 guys yet. i would think wed night would be miller and morgan just because they will be in ny on friday night. game3 i expect piazza and the game1 crew there. the piazza thing is offical the rest is pure spec by me.

spongyfungy
10-02-2005, 10:22 PM
I'll be at a place where there is no cable from 3 to 7 PM. Will this be simulcast on ABC 7? I remember the Cubs wild card playoff against the Giants being on ABC and another cable game on WGN during '03

ChiSoxGirl
10-02-2005, 10:24 PM
I'll be at a place where there is no cable from 3 to 7 PM. Will this be simulcast on ABC 7? I remember the Cubs wild card playoff against the Giants being on ABC and another cable game on WGN during '03

All games will be simulcast on WGN.

batmanZoSo
10-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Yep, a private gathering of yourself and appx 38,000 of your close personal friends.

SMO
:bandance:

I knew the games wouldn't be sold out! :cool:

ChiSoxGirl
10-03-2005, 10:16 AM

Just found out this morning that my Playoff ticket connection is NOT coming through for tomorrow!!! :angry: :whiner: No Game 1 for this girl! And to top it off, I sold the tickets that I had for Game 2 because this connection guaranteed me I'd have tickets for tomorrow!!!! :angry: :angry:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Just found out this morning that my Playoff ticket connection is NOT coming through for tomorrow!!! :angry: :whiner: No Game 1 for this girl! And to top it off, I sold the tickets that I had for Game 2 because this connection guaranteed me I'd have tickets for tomorrow!!!! :angry: :angry:

Sorry to hear about your loss. Let this be a lesson to all White Sox fans to treat their ticket to White Sox baseball like the 7 lucky winners did their Golden Tickets (I always think of Reinsdorf's "Golden Boxes" when I think of that because we used to joke "I've got a Golden Ticket") in Willie Wonka.

Hope you get a ticket or two the next few days. If you come to the park and go through the parking lots of season ticket holders hopefully they will have 1 or 2 extras you can pick up. Game 1 might be easier because people may be stuck at work and forced to give up 1 or 2. Good Luck!!!

spongyfungy
10-03-2005, 11:50 AM
All games will be simulcast on WGN.

I'm curious about where you heard this. And I assume it's not superstation. :redneck