PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans From All Over (Mostly from WSI) in Tribune Story

Unregistered
10-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Just caught this one on-line: I know a bunch of WSI faithful were interviewed for this story including Patbooyah and Baby Fisk...

Far-flung Sox Fans Relish Team's Success (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051001soxfest,1,529188.story?page=1&coll=cs-home-headlines)

Baby Fisk
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM
He asked me what I thought about the Cubs so I laced into them. Me must have not had enough room for those quotes.

Jurr
10-02-2005, 09:33 PM
A group of us were also emailed by Jimmy Greenfield for the Red Eye (September 28).. they took some great quotes from George and Palehose....great stuff.

You guys should check that out.

Frater Perdurabo
10-02-2005, 09:48 PM
I was quoted in the story. While I never spoke the exact quote that was attributed to me, my "quote" did capture the essence of what I said.

The story did not, however, include my statement that it's obvious that the Cubs get attention in Texas because the Cubs have a massive media empire to do their PR work for them.

Keep in mind though, that reporters never get the final edit on their stories. That's why editors get paid the big bucks.

If you are reading, David, good job overall on the story.

patbooyah
10-03-2005, 12:59 AM
did you see my ugly mug on the front page of the sunday paper?!

my mom did. my family is so proud.

32nd&Wallace
10-03-2005, 09:43 AM
It was interesting to hear about SoxEd. How did he get to be a Sox fan without ever visiting the US?

Hangar18
10-03-2005, 10:09 AM
did you see my ugly mug on the front page of the sunday paper?!

my mom did. my family is so proud.

No way ! Which paper?

patbooyah
10-03-2005, 10:15 AM
No way ! Which paper?

sunday trib. :cool:
below the fold

Hangar18
10-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Whats very good about this story, was it acknowledged that since Mid August,
an inordinate amount of SOX fans were "worrying" and "losing sleep" about the state of the team. I truly believe the members and former members of WSI who were worried sick about the team, served as a representative slice of what we were feeling like. What a crazy month and a half it really was ............

What I wouldve really liked, is if the story acknowledged just how far-flung and hard-core this fanbase really is ..........WITHOUT BENEFIT OF EXTRA AND EXTENDED MEDIA COVERAGE AND PROPOGANDA This to me, is why SOX fans are so special. When I go to Dodger Stadium, and see the place packed with Sox Fans from all over the US (and ultimately Ignored in preference to the cubs vs yankees series).