PDA

View Full Version : Hunter and Morneau Near Fistfight After Loss to KC

Unregistered
10-01-2005, 05:46 PM
The Dynasty keeps on crumbling...

Torii Hunter and Justin Morneau, two of the Twins' core players, argued in the dugout and almost came to blows in the clubhouse following Thursday night's loss to Kansas City at the Metrodome, according to two team sources.

The incident is the byproduct of emotions boiling over in the wake of a season that fell apart. It raises an issue of deeper concern: whether the veteran Hunter and Morneau, in his first full year in the majors, can work together in the same clubhouse in 2006.

"Some of the things I just don't like in the clubhouse," Hunter said Friday. "I can't handle it. Some things are going to have to change. If it doesn't change, I don't want to be around that clubhouse. The young guys should respect the veterans. I'm talking about some guys, not all the guys."

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/12788525.htm

(Registration required - here's one that works)
username:jb@jimbeam.com
pw:123456

RKMeibalane
10-01-2005, 06:03 PM
I always said that the Twins were disfunctional, and now they have proven it.

SoxSpeed22
10-01-2005, 06:15 PM
I think Toriiii just bought his ticket outta there, although he is an outstanding leader. All it took for the Patriots to crumble was one year with a few bad breaks. Terry Ryan's gonna have a ton of work to do this offseason and better think twice before drawing a janitor using a Sox jersey to wipe a floor. (On their schedules)

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, Torii was claiming that he thought he would be gone after the season anyways, might as well leave the team in shambles....:smile:

PokerChamp
10-01-2005, 07:15 PM
The Dynasty keeps on crumbling...

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/12788525.htm

(Registration required - here's one that works)
username:jb@jimbeam.com
pw:123456

Does it matter. The Twins are too cheap and are going to trade Torii.

Mike

antitwins13
10-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Why can't these grown men just settle their differences in peace?

SOXPHILE
10-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Wow. Justin better watch out. Hunter might sneak up later and hit him with his purse. Don't forget, he's "From The Hood Playa".

batmanZoSo
10-01-2005, 11:00 PM
I think Toriiii just bought his ticket outta there, although he is an outstanding leader. All it took for the Patriots to crumble was one year with a few bad breaks. Terry Ryan's gonna have a ton of work to do this offseason and better think twice before drawing a janitor using a Sox jersey to wipe a floor. (On their schedules)

If the Twins don't want him, I think I might know someone who does...

JB98
10-02-2005, 12:39 AM
If the Twins don't want him, I think I might know someone who does...

The Yankees? Or do you think the Cubune sportswriters will try to recruit him to the North Side?

Gaping holes in CF for both teams.

TornLabrum
10-02-2005, 12:52 AM
The Yankees? Or do you think the Cubune sportswriters will try to recruit him to the North Side?

Gaping holes in CF for both teams.

Tomorrow's Cubune Headline:

Toriiiiiiiii Hunter has always wanted to be a Cub

Nellie_Fox
10-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Apparently, Morneau has no sense of humor.

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Hunter was screwing around in the dugout, immitating the batting stances of Mauer and Morneau. Mauer thought it was funny, Morneau didn't. Then, after Morneau popped up, he came back to the dugout and started cussing Hunter out. After the game, Hunter tried to go after Morneau in the clubhouse, ended up punching someone else while swinging at Morneau while being pulled away by other Twins.

minastirith67
10-02-2005, 03:15 AM
I wonder how Batgirl, aka Psychobitch, will spin this one...

Joosh
10-02-2005, 03:37 AM

How do you know these things???????

I'd love to see him leave our division.

However, it'll come down to which of the two the manager wants in the Clubhouse.

Frankfan4life
10-02-2005, 10:18 AM

Toriiiiiiiii Hunter has always wanted to be a CubHa, ha! I just got the image of Hunter running full steam into the center field brick wall in Wrigley Field. :redneck

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2005, 06:16 PM

He should ask his friends LaChoke Hawkins and Ron Coomer how
much fun it is to FAIL on the north side while getting booed
(and booted) out of town.:D: :D: :D: :D:

TaylorStSox
10-02-2005, 07:40 PM
I'd take Hunter in a heartbeat. Where do I sign up?

ma-gaga
10-03-2005, 02:32 AM

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Hunter was screwing around in the dugout, immitating the batting stances of Mauer and Morneau. Mauer thought it was funny, Morneau didn't. Then, after Morneau popped up, he came back to the dugout and started cussing Hunter out. After the game, Hunter tried to go after Morneau in the clubhouse, ended up punching someone else while swinging at Morneau while being pulled away by other Twins.

yeah. I don't know which one I'm more disappointed in. Morneau for having no sense of humor, or Hunter for going after him.

bleagh. A perfect ending for the Twins season.

santo=dorf
10-03-2005, 02:45 AM
I'd take Hunter in a heartbeat. Where do I sign up?
$10.5 million for a career .267 hitter? :?:

TheOldRoman
10-03-2005, 02:51 AM
$10.5 million for a career .267 hitter? :?:
Yes, but he is an EXCITING BASERUNNER!

maurice
10-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Then, after Morneau popped up, he came back to the dugout and started cussing Hunter out.

What a tool. Morneau must be reading Gammons' press clippings to be this full of himself.

Yes, Hunter is overpaid and probably overrated, but he's also a legit. major-league veteran. Meanwhile, Morneau just finished his 1st full MLB season, batting .239 in the process.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-03-2005, 12:37 PM

I have a question - what the **** was Hunter there for anyway - he was out the season. Did the Twins bring him on the road so he can act like a clown? Hunter has always been an arrogant pain in the ass. Hunter is done. He is a friggin .270 hitter who is in decline stage. He will continue to decline and I hope the Cubs sign his dumb ass to a long contract so he can stink up their clubhouse and become another dumbass contract on the Tribune ledger.

Chez
10-04-2005, 11:38 AM
And I thought A.J. was the Twins clubhouse cancer!

SOX ADDICT '73
10-05-2005, 01:26 AM
I hope the Cubs sign his dumb ass to a long contract so he can stink up their clubhouse and become another dumbass contract on the Tribune ledger.
That, and I'd rather face him six times a year instead of nineteen! He's a total stroke to be sure, but he always seemed able to get a clutch hit or make a crucial defensive play against the Sox.

Reminds me of when we traded away Carlos Lee. I know a few Cub fans who were "relieved not to have to face that guy anymore. He always killed us!"

Um, yeah, last time I checked, Milwaukee was in your division, idiots!