PDA

View Full Version : Brian Anderson

bigredrudy
10-01-2005, 05:20 PM
I have been watching Brian Anderson with a great deal of interest. He looks to be a fine defensive outfielder. There are some people on the board who are quite familiar with him. I would like to have some comparisons with Aaron Rowand. Who is faster? To me they look to be roughly equal. Who has the most power? It looks to me like Anderson might have more power. Who is the most disciplined hitter? Who is the best centerfielder? I would appreciate a response who has seen both of them play

Daver
10-01-2005, 05:31 PM
I have been watching Brian Anderson with a great deal of interest. He looks to be a fine defensive outfielder. There are some people on the board who are quite familiar with him. I would like to have some comparisons with Aaron Rowand. Who is faster? To me they look to be roughly equal. Who has the most power? It looks to me like Anderson might have more power. Who is the most disciplined hitter? Who is the best centerfielder? I would appreciate a response who has seen both of them play

Anderson has a better arm, better range, and a better sense of how to play center, speedwise they are about equal, Rowand has more power, though Anderson could develop into a 20 HR type player, and he projects to hit for a good average.

In an extreme emergency Anderson can pitch too, he was a releiver in college.

DaleJRFan
10-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Anderson has a better arm, better range, and a better sense of how to play center, speedwise they are about equal, Rowand has more power, though Anderson could develop into a 20 HR type player, and he projects to hit for a good average.

In an extreme emergency Anderson can pitch too, he was a releiver in college.

Yea, but Daver... don't forget, Brian Anderson is a SCRUB.

JorgeFabregas
10-01-2005, 10:32 PM
I have been impressed by his arm during his play with the big leagues.

Tragg
10-02-2005, 01:04 AM
I saw on the highlights tonight a play he made in left on a ball hit off the wall; he played it perfectly and held the runner at 3rd. That was an excellent play. I hope he can hit ML pitching soon, because I'd love to have him in the outfield.

RadioheadRocks
10-02-2005, 01:12 AM
http://www.shiftyeye.com/images/hero.jpg

"Believe it or not, it's just Me!!!" :D:

Hagan
10-02-2005, 01:15 AM
I think Anderson has the tools to become a better player than Rowand. He is a 5 tool player who can be a great addition to the sox in the future. In my opinion Chris young and sweeney will become better players than him down the road, but I really like anderson.

RedPinStripes
10-02-2005, 09:29 PM
http://www.shiftyeye.com/images/hero.jpg

"Believe it or not, it's just Me!!!" :D:

LMAO!

veeter
10-02-2005, 10:07 PM
I think Anderson has the tools to become a better player than Rowand. He is a 5 tool player who can be a great addition to the sox in the future. In my opinion Chris young and sweeney will become better players than him down the road, but I really like anderson. You could be right but there's really nothing to base this on. Sweeney has shown very little power. Young has but strikes out a lot. I agree all three are going to be good. Throw in Jerry owens and you've got a lot of talent. But watching Anderson he brings something special to the table...confidence. The guy walks around like he belongs. He has no real weaknesses to his game. I'm anxious to watch his hitting develop.

tschneid83
10-03-2005, 09:00 AM
I just wanted to add that I was not sure about anderson but..... yesterday (3rd game vs Cle) he cut off a ball and held a guy to 1st where I would say 90% of OF's would of let it go to the wall and put the guy on second. This really impressed me. He is not crazy fast but he took a great route to a ball that could of been a double for most people.

Randar68
10-03-2005, 09:16 AM
You could be right but there's really nothing to base this on. Sweeney has shown very little power. Young has but strikes out a lot. I agree all three are going to be good. Throw in Jerry owens and you've got a lot of talent. But watching Anderson he brings something special to the table...confidence. The guy walks around like he belongs. He has no real weaknesses to his game. I'm anxious to watch his hitting develop.

Chris Young is going to be the best player of the bunch, and that certainly says a lot considering the company he keeps in that 4-some of OF'ers.

Plate discipline? Anderson will strike out about on-par with Rowand, but he'll take more walks. I also think Anderson, at USCF, playing 140 games, is a 20-25 HR hitter right away. He has power in spades but doesn't always show it.

One more thing... it's amazing watching an OF'er who has true instincts and knows how to get to a ball as soon as it's hit...

maurice
10-03-2005, 12:19 PM
He has power in spades but doesn't always show it.

Yeah. This underscores a general point . . . Anderson has more talent than Rowand but still needs to develop it. For example, Anderson is at least as fast as Rowand, but Rowand is a better base stealer right now.

Randar68
10-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah. This underscores a general point . . . Anderson has more talent than Rowand but still needs to develop it. For example, Anderson is at least as fast as Rowand, but Rowand is a better base stealer right now.

True, but if you're going to attempt to steal just 15 times a year, what's the difference? On an Ozzie-managed team, Anderson will get his share of steals... not something he was asked to do in the minors. You see him at Cleveland steal that bag? He had good jumps twice on it, had it stolen twice, IIRC... Definite room for improvement. That's what happens when you ascend as quickly as Brian has. Everytime he get's comfortable, he is pushed right along to the next level. Again, he has the mental toughness, approach to be able to handle that, IMO. Other guys may need to feel that sustained success before you can safely move them along.

maurice
10-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Definite room for improvement.

That's my point. You gave one example (power); I gave another (SB).

Another example is his K total. Anderson can look brutal at times, but I love the way he makes adjustments to his swing -- even mid-game adjustments. The other day, he hit a bullet to RF when all he was trying to do was advance the runner. Meanwhile, Ronnie Belliard was K'ing and popping out, because he was trying to hit a 3-run HR when all his team needed was a sac fly to tie the game.
:gulp:

tstrike2000
10-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I would even go as far to say, if KW needed to trade Rowand to get a good left handed bat, IMO I would do it. I think Anderson could fill Rowand's shoes quite admirably.

Man Soo Lee
10-03-2005, 04:22 PM
You could be right but there's really nothing to base this on. ... Young has but strikes out a lot.

Anderson (124 K/475 AB, including Chicago) struck out nearly as often as Young (129 K/466 AB), but didn't come close to his power numbers.

bigredrudy
10-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Chris Young strikes out a lot. He seems as strikeout prone as Joe Borchard.And his arm is rated slightly below average. How do you respond to that

bigredrudy
10-03-2005, 04:30 PM
A trade of Rowand and Crede for Blaylock might work but Blaylock has really slipped. The Yankees might want Rowand but they have no one to trade. Rowand for Griffey might work. Rowand for Overbay. That is a possibility. But really the best hitters are guys like Giles and Matsui who are free agents. Giles would be perfect but it probably would be a money problem. How about Rowand, Crede, and McCarthy for you know who.

California Sox
10-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Chris Young strikes out a lot. He seems as strikeout prone as Joe Borchard.And his arm is rated slightly below average. How do you respond to that

Young's arm is now considered average. He strikes out some, that's true. (But as another poster noted about the same amount as Anderson.) Look at the overall picture. Here's a guy who hit 70 extra base hits playing in a gigantic ballpark, he walked 70 times to go with 129 SO, stole 32 bases while being caught 6 times. All this in a season where he skipped a level. And he's a Gold-Glove-caliber CF. I don't see anything not to be excited about. Worst case scenario, he's Reggie Sanders. Best case? Eric Davis.

Randar68
10-03-2005, 06:01 PM

Who gives a rat's ass about strikeouts if the guy takes walks too?

Do you know what their season month-by-month splits were? Do a little research and you might find something amazing... Good prospects adjust and get better as the season wears on. About half of Young's K's were in the first 2 months, and his K:BB ratio improved all season long...

Anderson was similar. Started out K'ing all over the place... adjusted, and made up for it with a strong stretch drive.

"How do you respond to that?"

Are you trying to be a jag? Sorry, I can't read tone of voice on a message board, but this is now the second message board you've behaved similarly on...

Randar68
10-03-2005, 06:07 PM
A trade of Rowand and Crede for Blaylock might work but Blaylock has really slipped. The Yankees might want Rowand but they have no one to trade. Rowand for Griffey might work. Rowand for Overbay. That is a possibility. But really the best hitters are guys like Giles and Matsui who are free agents. Giles would be perfect but it probably would be a money problem. How about Rowand, Crede, and McCarthy for you know who.

??????

Seriously, *** are you talking about? "You know who"... sorry, no I don't, my mind-reading skills must be slipping...

"The best hitters are FA's?"

This is one of the worst FA years in a long time. Most of the good hitters are under contract.

maurice
10-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Plus, Young went from low-A to AA in a single offseason. That's a HUGE leap, so it's no surprise that he struggled out of the gate. By the end of the year, Young was the best player on a very talented Barons roster and probably the best player in the entire Southern League.

bigredrudy
10-03-2005, 07:37 PM
I am not a jag. I just want people to convince me that Young is the real thing. I saw him play in the spring and he looked real good to me. I follow the Sox system very closely but I only get to see players when the knights come to Indianapolis. So I go by stats in the main and comments made by BA. Young had incredible stats except for the average and the strikeouts. But I was puzzled when he was not named to the post season all star team. And very recently BA did not think he was the best prospect on his AFL team. That really surprised me. I thought he would be a leadpipe cinch to at least be the best prospect on his team.

bigredrudy
10-03-2005, 08:11 PM
I sincerely hope you are right about Chris Young. BA's assessment of the Southern League will come late tomorrow night. The Jacksonville Suns had an awful lot of very talented players and they will be highly rated by BA. I doubt that Chris Young will be rated in the top 5. I think he will be in the top 10. At least he will be the highest rated Barons player. I think Sweeney will be in the top 20 but near the bottom. Owens might make it but he certainly will be near the bottom.

Randar68
10-03-2005, 10:21 PM
I sincerely hope you are right about Chris Young. BA's assessment of the Southern League will come late tomorrow night. The Jacksonville Suns had an awful lot of very talented players and they will be highly rated by BA. I doubt that Chris Young will be rated in the top 5. I think he will be in the top 10. At least he will be the highest rated Barons player. I think Sweeney will be in the top 20 but near the bottom. Owens might make it but he certainly will be near the bottom.

Just read that Young is #4 in probably the most talent-laden league in all the minors. Sweeney, Owens, Fields, Tracey, Rogo... none made the list. Jenks is #13, and look what he's doing at the MLB level. What does that tell you about the Southern League this year?

bigredrudy
10-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Apparently there is good news about Chris Young. According to a post on another board Chris was rated the number 4 prospect in the talent laden Southern League. The only other Baron in the top 20 was Jenks at number 13. McCarthy and Anderson were numbers 8 and 9 respectively.in the IL Ryan Sweeney was left off the top 20 because he has shown little power thus far. He could develop power or more than likely he might turn out to be another Sean Burroughs. At this point we have only 3 or 4 good major leaguers in our system and 3 of them are already here-Jenks, Anderson, and McCarthy. Even though Young was offered to the Reds in the proposed Griffey deal, I would not trade him now in view of Sweeney's lack of progress.

Randar68
10-03-2005, 10:31 PM
And very recently BA did not think he was the best prospect on his AFL team. That really surprised me. I thought he would be a leadpipe cinch to at least be the best prospect on his team.

That list was not "best prospect"... it was "best pitcher, best position player, etc... some of the more experienced or AAA players are going to rate more highly right now.

For the record, here are Young's splits last I saw them...

as of Sept 2...

____ BB K HR AVG OBP SLG
April 8 31 4 .244 .310 .478
May 15 32 5 .271 .373 .533
June 17 19 8 .247 .369 .581
July* 5 13 1 .311 .382 .489
August 20 30 7
=========================================
Total 65 125 24 .274 .372 .543

* was injured will a pulled muscle in his side

After May, he was an entirely different hitter sans the pulled muscle that slowed him down and kept him out of action.

Daver
10-03-2005, 10:32 PM
At this point we have only 3 or 4 good major leaguers in our system and 3 of them are already here-Jenks, Anderson, and McCarthy. Even though Young was offered to the Reds in the proposed Griffey deal, I would not trade him now in view of Sweeney's lack of progress.

You have got to be kidding me.

Either spend the time to follow minor league baseball, or shut up on the subject.

bigredrudy
10-03-2005, 10:38 PM
I am interested in who were numbers 1,2, and 3. I assume that Delmon Young was number 1 as he was BA's minor league player of the year. But I am wondering about 2 and 3. At this point in time would trade Young for a bat? I don't think I would as Sweeny who once was considered a sure thing has kind of dropped back. By the way it was good to see that McCarthy was ratednumber 8 and Anderson number 9 in the IL

Randar68
10-03-2005, 10:42 PM
I am interested in who were numbers 1,2, and 3. I assume that Delmon Young was number 1 as he was BA's minor league player of the year. But I am wondering about 2 and 3. At this point in time would trade Young for a bat? I don't think I would as Sweeny who once was considered a sure thing has kind of dropped back. By the way it was good to see that McCarthy was ratednumber 8 and Anderson number 9 in the IL

Would I trade Chris Young? Only if I was getting a talent on the order of Manny, Griffey(healthy), Texiera, etc...

Why would you trade him this offseason? I don't get it. You seem fixated on this on multiple boards. Can you imagine the Sox developing a Soriano-type of hitter with the ability to take 50-100 BB's per year?

You're talking a talent that rarely comes around. I'm through discussing this with you because really, unless you've seen Chris Young play, you just cannot appreciate his physical talents on a baseball diamond. When he hits the ball in a game or batting practice, everyone in the stadium could tell you who it was who hit it without even seeing it... distinct explosive sound only a few players in baseball are capable of.

bigredrudy
10-03-2005, 11:01 PM
I meant sure fire good major league players. Actually 4 is a good number. Valido looks good but a lot of people don't think he will hit at the upper levels. There are pitchers down there but pitchers are so injury prone you can't tell much. Think of Stumm, Wright, Malone, and Honel. And I am sure there are more. There is that catcher Hernandez but he is so far down that you can't tell much about him either. Besides Young I don't think there are any sure fire can't miss prospects at Birmingham. Sweeney has great bat control and good plate discipline but 0 home runs even at Birmingham. that won't work.Rowand, Maggs, Lee, and Crede all hit home runs at Birmingham and remember Joe Borchard.

bigredrudy
10-03-2005, 11:18 PM
I am glad to get your comments about Chris Young because I know you have seen him play. the reason I brought up his possible trade is he was supposedly included in the Griffey trade. What did you think of Joe Borchard when he was coming up? i am interested. After his season at Birmingham I thought Joe was going to be a super star. But Joe never improved . His strikeout walk ratio has stayed about the same. I have been pulling for Joe more than I have pulled for any other player becasue of the kind of person he is but things just didn't happen for Joe

Daver
10-03-2005, 11:20 PM
I meant sure fire good major league players. Actually 4 is a good number. Valido looks good but a lot of people don't think he will hit at the upper levels. There are pitchers down there but pitchers are so injury prone you can't tell much. Think of Stumm, Wright, Malone, and Honel. And I am sure there are more. There is that catcher Hernandez but he is so far down that you can't tell much about him either. Besides Young I don't think there are any sure fire can't miss prospects at Birmingham. Sweeney has great bat control and good plate discipline but 0 home runs even at Birmingham. that won't work.Rowand, Maggs, Lee, and Crede all hit home runs at Birmingham and remember Joe Borchard.

I will repeat, either follow minor league baseball or shut up on the subject. Using stats alone to rate players, especially at the lower levels, is the absolute worst way to judge a ballplayer, and does little more than make you like a fool.

bigredrudy
10-03-2005, 11:48 PM
I noticed you did not dispute anything I said -you just said I had no right to express my opinion. I can't understand that attitude. I have been following baseball since 1940. And I have been a White Sox fan since that time. I think I deserve more respect than you are giving me.

Daver
10-04-2005, 12:27 AM
I noticed you did not dispute anything I said -you just said I had no right to express my opinion. I can't understand that attitude. I have been following baseball since 1940. And I have been a White Sox fan since that time. I think I deserve more respect than you are giving me.

Respect is earned, not given, you have not posted a single thing on this forum to lead me to give you any respect. I have no respect for someone that takes what he reads from BA and formulates on opinion on it based on that, none whatsoever. Most of the members here can regurgitate what is written at BA, if you are not adding anything to that you are adding nothing to the discussion.

If you want respect, seek it elsewhere.

Lillian
10-04-2005, 07:40 AM
I hesitate to enter this discussion, given its antagonistic tone, however I thought that perhaps none of you were aware that Sweeney's lack of power has been attributed to an injury. I don't remember the exact nature of his problem, but I had read several times that it was the cause of his inablility to hit homers. I think it is a wrist problem. Does anyone know more about this injury?

Noone has mentioned Chris Young's age. He just turned 22. That suggests that his upside is tremendous.

bigredrudy
10-04-2005, 09:06 AM
I know bout the size of Birmingham's ballpark and I have heard about Sweeney's injury. It is hard to believe that an outfield prospect could show so little power anyway. I don't know if they are going to move him up to AAA but I doubt it. Delmon Young is only 19 and has hit the hell out of the ball. I think another year at Birmingham might help.

Lillian
10-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Who is Delmon Young?

bigredrudy
10-04-2005, 09:21 AM
In the US we believe that people have the right to express an opinion even though it might be a minority opinion or one that is just plain stupid. I don't see how you can censor me simply based on the fact that you view me as uninformed. You seem to view yourself as some kind of expert-perhaps you see the minor leaguers play on a regular basis. I just don't know. Let me tell yo a story. I went to Indy once to see a Sox minor league game. While there I got to talk to Ron Schueler for about 30 minutes-perhaps even 45 minutes.It was obvious that Schueler thoght Brian Simmons was a much better prospect than Magglio even though Magglio was leading the IL in hitting. Schueler was the GM then. I then realized that experts might not be so expert after all.

Lillian
10-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Chris Young was born on 9/5/83.

Lillian
10-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Now I think that I am beginning to see from where your misunderstanding has arisen. Delmon Young led the Southern League, but he plays for another team. Perhaps you have him confused with Chris Young. If not, then I am the one who is very confused.

Randar68
10-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Schueler was the GM then. I then realized that experts might not be so expert after all.

Schueler was anything but an expert.

What did I think of Joe Borchard? I think the world of him. Unfortunately, he's his own worst enemy. The hardest thing to rate in this game is the mental aspect. Joe has never been able to drop his football mentality. His swing has SLOWLY shortened a bit, and he could be a cojntributor to some major league team next year (doubt it will be the Sox unless it's as a 4th OF'er, which is possible).

Borchard looked like a sure-fire stud, and few who saw him in Birmingham his first year there would have doubted it. However, he just never adjusted fully. They are very different individuals, but Corey Patterson is a guy who was similar. Joe's roadblocks come from the fact that he gets so down on himself. I don't think he's ever been able to truly be at-peace with the fact that even GREAT hitters fail 60-70% of the time.

Look, in the game of prospect evaluation, you're going to be wrong a good percentage of the time. On top of that, there is no way to "proove" that any player is truly a can't-miss, or a sure-fire... You can give it your best effort to project and guess, but hell, there are too many factors to success to be right or to "proove" anything... Hell, Jon Rauch looked like a future #1 or AT WORST a #2 starter, tore his labrum, and now he's floating around baseball as a AAAA player. It's a crap-shoot.

Again, if you want to pooh-pooh everything because of some BA article, or based on statistics, or based on some 4th hand account of a player or because he's a pitcher and he COULD get injured, go ahead. But if that's your attitude, you're wasting both of our times with your drivel about it. Again, if that's the angle you want to take, stick to the MLB boards.

Randar68
10-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Now I think that I am beginning to see from where your misunderstanding has arisen. Delmon Young led the Southern League, but he plays for another team. Perhaps you have him confused with Chris Young. If not, then I am the one who is very confused.

Lillian, he was using Young as an example of a kid who is younger than Young in the Southern League. Delmon Young was a TOP draft pick, not some 135 pound kid out of Texas who was raw as all get-out. There's a reason why Chris Young was drafted where he was, and it's primarily because he was nearly impossible to project because of size limitations and at the time, NO power. Delmon Young had a mature body, production, and a level of refinement rarely seen in hitters his age.

Again, none of those things really indicate who will develop into a better professional baseball player, rather, they simply indicate that Young is well ahead of the curve for his age.

Randar68
10-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Valido looks good but a lot of people don't think he will hit at the upper levels.

Most thought he wouldn't be able to hit at Winston-Salem when he was coming out of the draft. I have loved this kid since draft day. He's one of the smartest baseball players I've seen in a long time.

He will be a success IMO because of his instincts. There is nothing in his swing that would lead you to believe he couldn't succeed. He doesn't hit for much power, but who cares? He projects as a #2 hitter, not as the next A-Rod. Kid is a better defensive player today than Juan Uribe and has all the intangibles one would want to see out of a SS or #2 hitter.

Daver can vouch for my history on Valido, as it took a little convincing to get him on the Valido bandwagon back in the day...

Randar68
10-04-2005, 10:58 AM
I am glad to get your comments about Chris Young because I know you have seen him play. the reason I brought up his possible trade is he was supposedly included in the Griffey trade.

Let me also list a few numbers for you:

Here are the K numbers per PA and K:BB ratio for the hitters ranked around Young in the SL...

#1: Delmon Young: 355 PAs, 330 ABs, 25 BBs, 66 Ks... 2.64:1 K:BB, 5.38 PA/K
#2: Jeremy Hermida: 497 PAs, 386 ABs, 111 BBs, 89 Ks... 0.80 K:BB, 5.58 PA/K
#3: Jeff Francoeur: 356 PAs, 335 ABs, 21 BBs, 76 Ks... 3.62 K:BB, 4.68 PA/K
#4: Chris Young: 536 PAs, 466 ABs, 70 BB, 129 Ks... 1.84:1 K:BB, 4.16 PA/K
#6: Joel Guzman: 464 PAs, 422 ABs, 42 BBs, 128 Ks... 3.05 K:BB, 3.63 PA/K

All of these guys except Delmon Young are roughly the same age. Delmon was also the only guy with a higher SLG% than Chris Young.

In addition, Delmon and Chris Young both jumped from Low-A, but Francoeur spent last season in High-A and got 18 games in AA before spending this season there. Hermida also played a full-season in High-A last year. Guzman played 62 games in High-A in 2003, 87 games in High-A and 46 games in AA in 2004, prior to playing all season in 2005 in AA...

The numbers Chris Young put up after those first 2 months were better than Francoeur, Hermida, or Guzman. I only make this comparison because of the huge jump between low-A and AA that essentially, only Delmon Young, Chris Young, and Jerry Owens, were able to effectively make as hitters in 2005.

Again, Young K's a lot, but walks a lot too. His numbers were also very effected by his struggles adjusting to the talent level the first 1-2 months and when slowed by injury. He also had better SLG% than everyone but the best hitting prospect in baseball right now despite playing in perhaps the best pitcher's park in all of baseball.

bigredrudy
10-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Thank you for your stats on the top 4 prospects. Believe it or not I am very excited about this group of young Sox players. I can't believe the control that McCarthy has with his changeup. And Jenks is of course Jenks with his fastball and curve. I saw Anderson make two outstanding defensive plays in the Cleveland series and Anderson showed his power in the Seattle game at Safeco. And then there is young and Valido plus some pitching prospects. I think the Sox have to make room for Anderson because Young is obviously ready for AAA and they both play center field. Again I appreciate the info you have given me and I just wish McCarthy was pitching today instead of Contreras.

maurice
10-04-2005, 02:42 PM
In the US we believe that people have the right to express an opinion even though it might be a minority opinion or one that is just plain stupid.

I think you're missing the point. Two things to consider:
- This isn't "the US." It's an Internet site maintained by Daver and others. They have (and should have) full editorial control.
- It's not clear that you're expressing your opinion. It appears that you're expressing other people's opinions, including opinions from some non-credible sources. It's fair comment to point out that those sources are not credible and should be disregarded.

While BA confirmed my high opinion of Chris Young and undermined yours, I don't value BA's opinon very much. We often cite BA here, but only as a talking point to generate discussion re. particular players. I value other sources much more highly, including my own eyes.

FWIW, it's my understanding that minor league managers consider Young to be the best defensive OF in the SL and consider Valido to be the top player in many categories. Indeed, Valido is a top MVP candidate in his league. He actually improved as a hitter this year while moving up a level. I see no reason why he can't sustain his success next year, presumably at B'ham.

AZChiSoxFan
10-04-2005, 03:27 PM
he was using Young as an example of a kid who is younger than Young

Is that true? I thought that Young was older than Young, but I guess as it turns out, Young really is younger than Young. Of course, that also means, that Young is also older than Young. :kukoo:

bigredrudy
10-05-2005, 11:35 AM
I live in the Chicago area so I gather whatever information I can. I see some minor league games but not very many. I follow the White Sox boards closely. Obviously I am very interested in the opinions of those who watch these players in person. One of my sources is BA but not the only one. KW's comments are very revealing as he often says more than he should. The one player in the minor leagues that KW has talked about is Chris Young. Hawk also has mentioned his name. There is no doubt that Young is the Sox's number one position prospect who is not already with the big team. KW has commented on how hard Young hits the ball and also how fast he is. I saw Young in spring training games and he was very impressive. So the idea that I think Chris Young is not a good prospect is ridiculous. But so much for that. If you or Daver think that my comments are such that they should be banned then you can ban me I guess. Apparently I have been banned from Sox Talk as I cannot get on there anymore. Appaently I was banned for saying things like Young needs to cut down on his strikeouts or that there is a question about Valido's ability to hit at higher levels. I think it is a question of ego with you guys. Since apparently you guys watch these players on a regular basis you feel that people should look to you and you only for the scouting reports on these guys.I can't agree with that. So when BA says that the Barons were not even the second best team in the SL I do have to consider that

maurice
10-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Apparently I have been banned from Sox Talk

:o: