PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want?

OzzieBall2004
10-01-2005, 04:31 PM
So it will be Boston or Anaheim....who do you want?

I say Boston....

ilsox7
10-01-2005, 04:32 PM

I say Boston....

Boston. Hands down. Their "ace" got killed again today. No team is easy in the playoffs, but Boston will hands down be the weakest team there. Still doesn't mean a damn thing in a 5 game series.

Chisox003
10-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Boston. Hands down. Their "ace" got killed again today. No team is easy in the playoffs, but Boston will hands down be the weakest team there. Still doesn't mean a damn thing in a 5 game series.
Absolutely.

Whoever we play, they're in the postseason for a reason. However, playing the Sawx is much more appealing than the Angels. Bartolo and Lackey back to back is rough in a 5 game series.

Either way, come Tuesday, it's go time.

Let's take care of the Jnjuns tomorrow and show 'em what choking really is

Jjav829
10-01-2005, 04:36 PM
I can't say I "want" anyone. Every team is dangerous. There is no standout team in the AL and there is no push-over. In the NL you have the Cards who look superior to every other team. Then you have the Padres who look to be the closest thing to a push-over. There are no teams like that in the AL. The Sox and Angels rely on good pitching. The Red Sox and Yankees rely on good hitting, but both of those teams have enough good pitchers that could step up and lead them.

I'll take whoever we get. Any team is going to be a challenge. We just have to hope that our team steps it up and plays the best.

RKMeibalane
10-01-2005, 04:42 PM
I don't really care who the Sox face. The thing that everyone needs to focus on is winning. As long as the Sox can pick up eleven more wins, it doesn't matter who they have to beat in the process.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Who cares? They ALL ought to be fearing playing the Sox.

And if they're not scared, they're stupid.

Chips
10-01-2005, 06:54 PM

Cleveland said they weren't afraid of us and then they lost 5 of 6 or 4 of 5 including the last two to us. Any team that isn't afraid of us is not only stupid but they are going to be in a rude awakening.

brewcrew/chisox
10-01-2005, 07:02 PM
I don't care as long we don't play the noon game. I can't get off of work until 2:00, and I have a ticket.

I should put that in deep pink.

Oh Gods of TV land, please, please, please, please have us play at 3:00 or 7:00 on Tues.

Ok, that's better

OzzieBall2004
10-01-2005, 07:13 PM
I don't care as long we don't play the noon game. I can't get off of work until 2:00, and I have a ticket.

Oh Gods of TV land, please, please, please, please have us play at 3:00 or 7:00 on Tues.

Ok, that's better

I think I heard if we play LA it will have to be a 3:00 start because of the time zone difference.

PokerChamp
10-01-2005, 07:13 PM

I say Boston....

Us against Boston will be an interesting matchup. Great pitching vs. Great hitting. If the old adage holds true then the Sox should be all good.

Mike

jerry myers
10-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Bring on the world champs first!

Chips
10-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Bring on the world champs first!

Yes and bring them on at 7:00 so I don't have to leave work early.

jerry myers
10-01-2005, 07:21 PM

I am totally with you on that, pray god cares about baseball.and us so please have mercy or i may get sick ill get off about 3 or 330.
Ok, that's betteri dont have ticket, must be a bad situation but i am going to soxfest:supernana:.

LongLiveFisk
10-01-2005, 07:48 PM

Especially now that the pitching is looking damn good again! :gulp:

kaufsox
10-01-2005, 09:02 PM

Ok, that's better

can't you call in sick? black and white flu is very nasty.

I would rather have Boston. I think we have the better pitching and we have proven we can win a big game in Boston and hit their "ace," Mr. Look at my bloody sock. I would LOVE to see the Sox beat up Schilling.

Daver
10-01-2005, 09:08 PM
There is an evil, twisted part of me that would like to see the Toons win and the Red Sawx lose tomorrow, forcing a playoff that the Red Sawx lose, so that the Sox can beat the crap out of Cleveland in the first round.

Beat them for the Division, then put the exclamation point on in the post season.

Tragg
10-01-2005, 09:12 PM
There is an evil, twisted part of me that would like to see the Toons win and the Red Sawx lose tomorrow, forcing a playoff that the Red Sawx lose, so that the Sox can beat the crap out of Cleveland in the first round.

Beat them for the Division, then put the exclamation point on in the post season.
They would be my favorite match up too. However, I believe that baseball has the stupid rule that you can't match up against the wild card team if they come from your own division. If Toons make it, we play the worst record between NY and LAA.
Thus, I have to root for Boston, who has only 1 pitcher that worries me (wells) v. several for the Angels and 3 for the Yankees (Rivera, Small, Chacon).
In the same light, you better believe that ST Louis is rooting for the Astros to make it. It's a difference between playing a hot Philly team or the jocular Padres. Atl, of course, wants Philly to make it, so they get the Padres instead of the Astros.

silhouette
10-02-2005, 12:16 PM

I say Boston....

I say Anaheim, to avenge for that sweep they had on us.

shbart
10-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Bring on the BoSox...I need a bet w/ Fenway!

cubhater
10-02-2005, 02:48 PM
I'd love to eliminate Boston and NY in the playoffs just to stick it to ESPN.:cool:

The Angels actually scare me the most. They got the pitching and are fundamentally sound, not to mention our troubles at their stadium. We showed we can hang with Boston and NY this year.

santo=dorf
10-02-2005, 02:51 PM

For someone who routinely bashes the concept of the wild card, I'm quite surprised you're not familiar with the format.

Bring on the defending champs and their "ace" Matt Clement.

Daver
10-02-2005, 03:20 PM
For someone who routinely bashes the concept of the wild card, I'm quite surprised you're not familiar with the format.

Bring on the defending champs and their "ace" Matt Clement.

I know the format, I don't agree with it but I do know it.

DenverSock
10-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Bring on the Commie Sox! I'd love to be the ones to break the heart of all New England. Why should the Yankees have all the fun?