PDA

View Full Version : Night Game?

Madvora
10-01-2005, 03:29 PM
If this comes out like it looks tomorrow that the Red Sox will win the wild card, then who do you think will get the big night game in the first round?
Who does the national media like better, the Red Sox or Yankees?

- Red Sox at White Sox ?

or

- Angels at Yankees ?

A_ROW33
10-01-2005, 03:31 PM
If it were at fenway park they'd go with the sox vs sawx, however since the Yanks are at the stadium I have a feeling that's who theyll go with.

nasox
10-01-2005, 03:32 PM
If this comes out like it looks tomorrow that the Red Sox will win the wild card, then who do you think will get the big night game in the first round?
Who does the national media like better, the Red Sox or Yankees?

- Red Sox at White Sox ?

or

- Angels at Yankees ?

The game AT yankee stadium will get the night call. Yankee haters will tune in to that.

Although, to think about it, the game on the east coast would be broadcast late on the west coast. So i don't know.

Jjav829
10-01-2005, 03:32 PM
The Yankees are the Yankees. They'll probably be in prime time in the first game. However, if we do play the Red Sox we could end up with the late afternoon game which would lead into prime time.

StockdaleForVeep
10-01-2005, 03:37 PM
The yankees had the heroic comeback to beat the evil world series winners, who cares about those white sox cheats

CHISOXFAN13
10-01-2005, 03:38 PM
The Yankees are the Yankees. They'll probably be in prime time in the first game. However, if we do play the Red Sox we could end up with the late afternoon game which would lead into prime time.

I agree. I would think the most likely scenario would see the Sox playing at 3 p.m. on Tuesday.

MRKARNO
10-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Either way, this is an absolute dream for Fox. They get the New York market, the Los Angeles market, the Chicago market and the Boston/New England market, unless Cleveland pulls out the miracle.

I think we can expect one home 3 PM game and one night game on Tuesday and Wednesday. The NL games will probably be relegated to the earlier times, (ie 12 PM). Atlanta, St. Louis, San Diego and Houston aren't exactly Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Boston.

Madvora
10-01-2005, 03:40 PM
I'll take the 3:00 if it comes down to that.
I'd rather have the night game though. I don't want to miss a second.

I think you guys have a good point about the games in Yankee Stadium though.

HotelWhiteSox
10-01-2005, 03:40 PM
I hope we get the day and afternoon game, just for our stellar daytime record

If you have work, too bad! You knew the date and the chance of a day game going in, take one for the team!

dcb33
10-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Doesn't 1 LDS series start on Wednesday, with the other 3 starting on Tuesday? Isn't it possible the first game of both ALDS series will be primetime if they push Game 1 of either Yankees/Halos, Sox/BloSox (assuming they get the WC) to Wednesday?

nasox
10-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Doesn't 1 LDS series start on Wednesday, with the other 3 starting on Tuesday? Isn't it possible the first game of both ALDS series will be primetime if they push Game 1 of either Yankees/Halos, Sox/BloSox (assuming they get the WC) to Wednesday?

one of the NLDS series starts on Wed. Tues is when both AL series start.

dickallen15
10-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Jeannie Zulasky if that's her name said at the end of the broadcast during the promo for Tuesday night's game, "The Yankees will take on.....................errrrrr, or the White Sox will play". The Yankees will be playing at night.

whtsxfn
10-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Jeannie Zulasky if that's her name said at the end of the broadcast during the promo for Tuesday night's game, "The Yankees will take on.....................errrrrr, or the White Sox will play". The Yankees will be playing at night.

That was a joke..

She said, "It will be the Yankees vs. the........ or the White Sox will be taking on.................."

longshot7
10-01-2005, 05:32 PM
On MLB's site, they say that whichever series that doesn't feature the wild card winner will be the primetime game.

Sox/Red Sox at 3pm.

Angels/Yankees at 7pm.

We're used to those 5pm starts on the West Coast btw.

antitwins13
10-01-2005, 05:59 PM
The Yankees silly! Don't you know there is a bias against us??

MarySwiss
10-01-2005, 06:41 PM
On MLB's site, they say that whichever series that doesn't feature the wild card winner will be the primetime game. Sox/Red Sox at 3pm.
Angels/Yankees at 7pm.

Okay, so you're telling me that MLB says that if the Tribe were to win the WC, Tribe vs. Yanks will be the early game and Sox vs. Angels would be primetime? When donkeys fly!

Chips
10-01-2005, 06:45 PM
So we probably got the 3:00 game regardless of who we play?

Looks like I am leaving work early.

MarySwiss
10-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Pardon me for beating a dead horse--again--but can somebody please explain the logic that dictates that as the Yankees go, so goes the world?

ESPN, PAY ATTENTION HERE!

The Chicago White Sox have the best record in the AL. I know you can't stand it, but it's true. If there is no East Coast bias--yeah, right!--then how can you possibly justify ANY SCENARIO that does not result in the Sox (the White Sox, aka real Sox) beng the primetime game? We own the home field throughout the playoffs, so it follows logically that we own the primetime coverage throughout the playoffs.
Of course, that presumes that ESPN can reason logically. Which is presuming a lot, evidently.
Gotta go now. I wouldn't want to miss ESPN/Fox TV's Yankee coronation ceremony.

Daver
10-01-2005, 07:17 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/deadhorse.gif

SluggersAway
10-01-2005, 07:24 PM
The horse is alive as its heart is still beating. Let's wait and see.

MarySwiss
10-01-2005, 07:25 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/deadhorse.gif

So tell me, Daver. What--exactly--was your inspiration for this cartoon?

longshot7
10-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Okay, so you're telling me that MLB says that if the Tribe were to win the WC, Tribe vs. Yanks will be the early game and Sox vs. Angels would be primetime? When donkeys fly!

Hey, I'm not saying I don't agree with you - I'm just relating what it says on the mlb site.

BRDSR
10-01-2005, 07:38 PM
On MLB's site, they say that whichever series that doesn't feature the wild card winner will be the primetime game.

Sox/Red Sox at 3pm.

Angels/Yankees at 7pm.

Longshot, could you link me to that quote? Can't find it anywhere, and my dad is inviting clients to Game 1 and would like to see that I'm sure. Thanks.

MarySwiss
10-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey, I'm not saying I don't agree with you - I'm just relating what it says on the mlb site.

I'm sure that's true, longshot7. But that's because MLB cannot conceive of any scenario that doesn't include the Yanks or the Blow Sawx. I would bet that if it comes down to LAA vs. Real Sox or Yanks vs. Cleveland (WC), the Yankees would be the primetime game, regardless of what it says on MLB.com.

And that sucks! Damn, I wish there was some way the Yanks and Blow Sawx could both be eliminated! Oh wait, there is! We beat the Blow Sawx in the ALDS and then knock off the Yanks in the ALCS.

They gawn!

Tragg
10-01-2005, 08:16 PM
If it were at fenway park they'd go with the sox vs sawx, however since the Yanks are at the stadium I have a feeling that's who theyll go with.
Is that for sure? Angels and Yanks could finish with identical record.

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Somehow, I see Sox/Carmines as FAR more intriguing of a matchup than Yankees/Angels. Outside of the bandwagon fans of the Lakers, LA really isn't about ratings when it comes to sports. Sox/Carmines has two long-time, historic fanbases from the beginning of the league. And, I'd even go as far to say that there are more Sox/Carmines than Yankees/Angels fans out there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were to put us on Prime Time.

Domeshot17
10-01-2005, 08:54 PM
as according to mlb.com

When Division Series play commences on Tuesday, Game One of the American League Division Series involving the AL East Champion New York Yankees will be played at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on FOX with the other ALDS starting at 4:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. Game One of the National League Division Series involving the NL West Champion San Diego Padres will be held at 1:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. The entire Division Series will be available on ESPN Radio.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051001&content_id=1233469&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

UofCSoxFan
10-01-2005, 09:03 PM
You know if the Bos-CLE scenario ends with a 1 game playoff at 7 pm central time and Bos wins, this could really work out favorably for the Sox. That game would get over around 10 pm central....the Sox would be a flight to Chicago starting around 1130 pm and wouldn't get in to about 3, asleep by about 4 am. The would then have to play a game against the Sox in 11 hours. The early game may not be so bad if thats the case.

Tragg
10-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Let's see: networks love the Yankees and hate the Padres (even so much as banish the NL's best team to the bad time). What a surprise.

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2005, 09:19 PM
It's times like these I'm glad I get off work before 2...I guess I'll go to work completely dressed for the game (it's Sox day at the school I teach at on Tuesday too) and speed up Archer Ave, hoping that none of those damn "timed" lights turn to red.

I can't wait to see how the ballpark looks all decked out!

Now, again, anyone who knows...I am an Ozzie Plan holder with UD playoff tickets that were issued by MLB and have my season ticket plan number on them. Will I be required to stay up there, or will I be allowed downstairs?

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Let's see: networks love the Yankees and hate the Padres (even so much as banish the NL's best team to the bad time). What a surprise.

That is truly weird having the Padres play at 10 am locally!

chisoxmike
10-01-2005, 09:23 PM
It's times like these I'm glad I get off work before 2...I guess I'll go to work completely dressed for the game (it's Sox day at the school I teach at on Tuesday too) and speed up Archer Ave, hoping that none of those damn "timed" lights turn to red.

I can't wait to see how the ballpark looks all decked out!

Now, again, anyone who knows...I am an Ozzie Plan holder with UD playoff tickets that were issued by MLB and have my season ticket plan number on them. Will I be required to stay up there, or will I be allowed downstairs?

Ha. Archer Ave. Pffft! It took me 30mins getting of the Stevenson the other day to get to 35th street.

ADVICE FOR ANYONE DRIVING TO THE PLAYOFF GAMES---

LEAVE EARLY. IT IS A TOTAL DISASTER ON ARCHER COMING OFF 55. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

Hagan
10-01-2005, 09:34 PM
I hope its the white sox because if it isnt I have to skip class to go.

pudge
10-01-2005, 09:36 PM

Do you think they would really let that happen?? That seems absurd!

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Ha. Archer Ave. Pffft! It took me 30mins getting of the Stevenson the other day to get to 35th street.

ADVICE FOR ANYONE DRIVING TO THE PLAYOFF GAMES---

LEAVE EARLY. IT IS A TOTAL DISASTER ON ARCHER COMING OFF 55. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

Pffffffffff, I don't have to drive on the Stevenson AT ALL from work! Just go a few miles north on Pulaski to Archer, and I'll be there by 2:30ish, parked most likely somewhere on the 3400 block of S. Normal. :cool:

dickallen15
10-01-2005, 09:59 PM
The Sox are playing Tuesday afternoon per Rich King. He said WGN was informed of that this evening.

Lip Man 1
10-01-2005, 10:42 PM
3:05 start time Tuesday as per Mark Gonzales of the Tribune tonight in his story.

Lip

Tragg
10-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Naw - probably when the Padres play at home, we'll get stiffed down to the noon game.

mike squires
10-02-2005, 01:23 AM
Any idea when game 2 would be??? Wednesday, but what time???