PDA

View Full Version : The Sox Should Honor Frank At Game 1 Of The ALDS

DrCrawdad
10-01-2005, 12:17 PM
I really wish the Sox would honor Frank Thomas before game one of the ALDS. How? I'm not exactly sure. But do it in a way that gives the crowd a chance to salute our future Hall Of Famer, Frank Thomas. Perhaps this will give the Sox a positive vibe going into game one. Plus, Frank deserves the recognition.

Any other ideas on how the Sox could give honor to Frank Thomas?

RallyBowl
10-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Let him throw out the first pitch. And then run super fast to the batter'sbox and jack the ball on to the Dan Ryan.

anewman35
10-01-2005, 12:36 PM
I really wish the Sox would honor Frank Thomas before game one of the ALDS. How? I'm not exactly sure. But do it in a way that gives the crowd a chance to salute our future Hall Of Famer, Frank Thomas. Perhaps this will give the Sox a positive vibe going into game one. Plus, Frank deserves the recognition.

They announce all the players on both teams during the playoffs, right? I doubt there's any rule against announcing DL players.

chisoxfan64
10-01-2005, 12:50 PM

I agree, give Frank some props.:smile:

Rikirk
10-01-2005, 12:56 PM
I agree..

Show Frank some luv...:D:

Maybe a curtain call or something...

DrCrawdad
10-01-2005, 09:08 PM
I agree..

Show Frank some luv...:D:

Maybe a curtain call or something...

Yeah, give us Sox fans a chance to thank Big Frank for his contributions this year and for everything else he's done, namely being the best Sox player in my lifetime.

HotelWhiteSox
10-01-2005, 09:10 PM
That would be sweet

Also, there should be a 2005 team montage, and Hawk screaming "Joe Creeeedeee!" has to be included

antitwins13
10-01-2005, 09:35 PM
They should have him throw out the first pitch and have Gene Honda announce his name as an honorary member of the team during Thunderstruck.

lths06
10-01-2005, 09:42 PM
They should have him throw out the first pitch and have Gene Honda announce his name as an honorary member of the team during Thunderstruck.

he still is a member of the team...

A. Cavatica
10-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Hear, hear!Odds are Frank won't be returning. Since there's no way to know when the last game of the season will be, the first game of the playoffs is the perfect time to celebrate his career. It'll get the crowd revved up, and maybe Frank will be so touched he'll agree to return on a cheap incentive-laden deal.

antitwins13
10-01-2005, 09:51 PM
he still is a member of the team...

Yeah he's on the team but not on the roster!

TheDarkGundam
10-01-2005, 10:00 PM
They should set up a montage of all Franks best highlights and stuff, then put it to that song from the Seinfeld clip shows ("I hope you had the tiiiiime of your liiife")

Lip Man 1
10-01-2005, 10:40 PM
I suggested having Frank throw out the first pitch to Brooks months ago. The question is will Frank want to do this. He could construe it as a 'farewell' of sorts. I don't think that is anyone's intention but you never know how the gesture will be interpreted.

Lip

DrCrawdad
10-01-2005, 10:51 PM
I suggested having Frank throw out the first pitch to Brooks months ago. The question is will Frank want to do this. He could construe it as a 'farewell' of sorts. I don't think that is anyone's intention but you never know how the gesture will be interpreted.

Lip

I guess it's a matter of how it's presented. With Frank's injury and age there is a real question of whether he'll be back at all in MLB.

I think they could do it as a salute to Frank, thanks for your contributions to this year's team and sorry the injury prevented you from playing. We love you big guy...

Something like that.

mbwhitesox
10-01-2005, 11:00 PM
I'd like to see Frank named "honorary captian" or something similar to that and then have it announced when they are announcing the White Sox starting line up.

silhouette
10-02-2005, 10:59 AM

Throwing the first pitch would be a good thing for the Sox to do. It just sucks that finally the Sox are doing good this year and he isn't able to truly enjoy it.

gaelhound
10-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Introduce the guy, just like the team member that he is, no farwell, no goodbye, just stick the guy out there for the huge cheer he deserves.

CHEESESOXER
10-02-2005, 11:38 AM
For all the great things he's done for us and the team, I truly believe that he not only be named honorary captain but, HE DESERVES TO BE VOTED A FULL SHARE OF PLAYOFF & WS MONEY.

Deadguy
10-02-2005, 01:16 PM

By giving Frank a 3 year contract. :tongue:

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-02-2005, 05:29 PM
I'd like to see Frank named "honorary captian" or something similar to that and then have it announced when they are announcing the White Sox starting line up.

Beat me to it. Let him wear the uniform shirt, and have him out as honorary captain. GOD I WISH I COULD GO!!! :angry:

Joosh
10-02-2005, 05:51 PM

Thats a fantastice Idea! Someone should email that to Brooks.