PDA

View Full Version : We still could hear Hawk...

mike squires
10-01-2005, 11:17 AM
IF the Sox play the Angels in the playoffs, ESPN will likely pick up the games and according to the Trib on Friday on page 2 the game will also be shown by WGN/ Of course thie would mean Cleveland will be the wild card which is highly unlikely. Sorry, I don't do links.

Brian26
10-01-2005, 11:20 AM
The same article also mentioned that ESPN announcers would be used, even if the game is on WGN.

downstairs
10-01-2005, 11:29 AM
How did the Flubs do it in 2003? Did they have Chip and Steve on WGN?

mike squires
10-01-2005, 11:34 AM
The same article also mentioned that ESPN announcers would be used, even if the game is on WGN.

My bad!

Fenway
10-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Yup dats what they do.

They have to put the game over the air in each teams market but they use ESPN video and audio.

I remember last year we were looking forward to Tim McCarver as they assigned Chris Berman to Boston/Anaheim. He is BRUTAL on baseball

BeviBall!
10-01-2005, 12:17 PM
It's the same when the Bears play on Sunday nights. They "borrow" ESPNs feed.

Berman is brutal on everything. Step aside Boomer... this isn't 1991 anymore.

Stroker Ace
10-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Didn't ESPN and Hawk & DJ do the playoff games in 2000?

sox1970
10-01-2005, 02:04 PM
It would be nice if there was an alternative for the local markets when it comes to the playoffs. Such as using the SAP button or broadcasting it on two channels. Like Fox can still use their same commercials and graphics, but Hawk and DJ can call the game. It'll never happen, but it would be cool to have Hawk call a White Sox World Series, wouldn't it?

antitwins13
10-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Didn't ESPN and Hawk & DJ do the playoff games in 2000?

That's what I thought but maybe I'm mistaken

samram
10-01-2005, 02:45 PM
That's what I thought but maybe I'm mistaken

You are. ESPN and Fox don't pay billions in rights fees for fans to just watch whatever broadcast of the game they want.

UofCSoxFan
10-01-2005, 02:56 PM
What's the radio situation for the playoffs? I'm assuming that's national guys as well...but I'd love to hear Rooney and Farmer.

The Wall
10-01-2005, 03:00 PM
What's the radio situation for the playoffs? I'm assuming that's national guys as well...but I'd love to hear Rooney and Farmer.

Usually its Rooney and Buck Martinez (of Twins) for the playoffs on ESPN Radio.

Chips
10-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Yup dats what they do.

They have to put the game over the air in each teams market but they use ESPN video and audio.

I remember last year we were looking forward to Tim McCarver as they assigned Chris Berman to Boston/Anaheim. He is BRUTAL on baseball

And football, basketball, hockey, golf, darts, tennis, and every other sport. I don't know he has done other sports besides football and baseball, but he sucks. His home run call is brutal "Back back back back back back back back gone." His damn nicknames for eveyone drive me nuts, and the first season and "new" Soldier Field, a tape of Berman would come on the TV screen and he would say "Pretty good game so far...yada yada yada, don't drink and drive." That drove The Dude and I nuts, although we always say "pretty good game." Anyways, Berman is a bum, in my opinion.

koch44
10-01-2005, 03:37 PM

Rooney and Farmer will be broadcasting.