PDA

View Full Version : Levine rips "Scrubs"

delben91
10-01-2005, 09:42 AM
And I don't mean the TV show. This may have been posted elsewhere, but I didn't see it when I scanned the forums...move as necessary.

From the sounds of it, a lot of the guys that got in the lineup last night took offense, and I can't blame them.

And according to the Sun Times (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox01.html), Widger really went off.

That's the fire we like to see guys! :cool:

BeviBall!
10-01-2005, 09:46 AM
And I don't mean the TV show. This may have been posted elsewhere, but I didn't see it when I scanned the forums...move as necessary.

From the sounds of it, a lot of the guys that got in the lineup last night took offense, and I can't blame them.

And according to the Sun Times (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox01.html), Widger really went off.

That's the fire we like to see guys! :cool:

If there was a formula to turn Levine's rumors and predictions into batting average... he would have been hitting 9th last night.

jabrch
10-01-2005, 09:46 AM
I don't think LeVineline was out of line here. I'm glad the players responded to it by going out there and beating Cleveland, but Levine said the same thing most of us were thinking when we saw that lineup.

hawkjt
10-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Yea- levine fessed up in the postgame show. He came back into the clubhouse after Gload heard him and they froze him out. Then AJ came up and started to get red-faced and confronted him. Then widge started yelling.

Levine said he went and apoligized to Gload and every other guy in the lineup.

He said aftrer the game they razzed him hard but then eased up.

Loose lips sinks ship,Brucie.

I loved the team bond this demonstrated. This team really has chemistry.

The media has bonded them.

RallyBowl
10-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Yea- levine fessed up in the postgame show. He came back into the clubhouse after Gload heard him and they froze him out. Then AJ came up and started to get red-faced and confronted him. Then widge started yelling.

Way to stick together fellas. Me likey! :thumbsup:

Brian26
10-01-2005, 09:51 AM

AJ and Widger are two guys that you do not **** with in any situation. They're both crazy. I love it.

harwar
10-01-2005, 09:51 AM
This shouldn't surprise anyone Bruce Levine is a cub fan who hates the White Sox.
Even last night he said"enough of this(white sox talk),how about them cubs".

voodoochile
10-01-2005, 09:52 AM

Oh good... our scrubs are bonded...:tongue:

Since a good portion of these stars won't make the playoff roster, it doesn't mean much, IMO. Still, nice to see the team sticking up for each other.

Wsoxmike59
10-01-2005, 10:31 AM
I've always considered Bruce LeVineLine to be a "weenie". My first ever experience concerning LeVine was when former Met Pitcher Ed Lynch went off on Bruce during a post game locker room interview at Wrigley in 1984 I believe.

Lynch couldn't believe how stupid Levine was when he told Lynch "you have a job because of me!" I thought to myself, "Jeeeez what a dumb ass this guy is!" (Levine)

skobabe8
10-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Levine comes off as too cocky and arrogant for my taste. Every time he's on a talk show he's showered with that "baseball insider" tag and he loves it, even though he's wrong most of the time. Good to see him get humbled.

cubhater
10-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Levine comes off as too cocky and arrogant for my taste. Every time he's on a talk show he's showered with that "baseball insider" tag and he loves it, even though he's wrong most of the time. Good to see him get humbled.

He's a tool and WMVP's version of Gammons.

I yelled out to him at Thursday's game, "Why aren't you in Houston?"

tebman
10-01-2005, 11:18 AM
I've always considered Bruce LeVineLine to be a "weenie". My first ever experience concerning LeVine was when former Met Pitcher Ed Lynch went off on Bruce during a post game locker room interview at Wrigley in 1984 I believe.

Lynch couldn't believe how stupid Levine was when he told Lynch "you have a job because of me!" I thought to myself, "Jeeeez what a dumb ass this guy is!" (Levine)
Is there audio of that on the web? I know the famous Lee Elia rant (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/elia.htm) is out there, but I'd love to hear Levine trying to climb out of the hole he dug for himself in that Ed Lynch exchange.

How does one become an official "baseball insider" anyway? That's how he's always introduced on WMVP. If you hang around long enough and annoy people, does that count as an qualifying exam?

Lip Man 1
10-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Bruce Levine --- Moron

Lip

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-01-2005, 11:31 AM
The part I love best is AJ standing up. We need a true captain on this team, and since AJ and Widger make up the battery, I see that as a HUGE driver as to the rest of the team.

DrCrawdad
10-01-2005, 11:56 AM
I'd bet that LeVineLine has NEVER, nor would he EVER, call the Cubs bench players and September call-ups, "Scrubs."

Oh, and congratulations LeVineLine for FINALLY covering the Sox on a roadtrip. It only took till the end of the season.

http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/P1010067_1.JPG

robertks61
10-01-2005, 12:02 PM
At least the White Sox bench players are "PROFESSIONALS" unlike Mr. Levine. Get him A.J. & Chris!!!!

TornLabrum
10-01-2005, 12:10 PM

That Lynch rant is a classic. There's a tape of it somewhere that just has to be heard to be believed. I think I heard Mike Murphy play it a few years ago.

chitownhawkfan
10-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Although I think his "inside" information is about as valuable as used toilet paper I dont think he is vicious or driven by an agenda. I know he is a Cubs fan, but I can deal with that, I think for the most part he is fairly professional, which is more than I can say for the rest of the media lemmings in this town.

What is the Lynch story?

Ol' No. 2
10-01-2005, 12:15 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you meant sCrUBS. That would surely have meant snowball fights in hell.:o:

kitekrazy
10-01-2005, 12:24 PM

Is this the same guy who has sort of a femmy voice and always asks questions that already have the answers?

dividedsk717
10-01-2005, 12:27 PM
If there was a formula to turn Levine's rumors and predictions into batting average... he would have been hitting 9th last night.

Four words: below the Mendoza line.

Vernam
10-01-2005, 12:50 PM
How does one become an official "baseball insider" anyway? That's how he's always introduced on WMVP. If you hang around long enough and annoy people, does that count as an qualifying exam?Works for me . . .

Sounds like AJ may just have been looking for an excuse to jump on Levine. One comment like yesterday's wouldn't have provoked such a response if the guy had earned players' respect over the course of a long season. Wish there were tape of them jumping on Levine . . .

Vernam, Baseball Insider

Wsoxmike59
10-01-2005, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=tebman]Is there audio of that on the web? I know the famous Lee Elia rant (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/elia.htm) is out there, but I'd love to hear Levine trying to climb out of the hole he dug for himself in that Ed Lynch exchange.

QUOTE]

I believe there is, as Torn Labrum mentioned. Mike Murphy of WSCR has played it on occasion. I think the last time I heard it is when Ed Lynch (stepped down...got fired??) from the Cubs.

It was a great exchange between Lynch and Levine. Ed Lynch wanted to kill him, you could just hear the anger in his voice.

bahn1225
10-01-2005, 07:37 PM
"Levine = Tool", I concur.

Also I know of one SOX fan that has the complete tape of the Lynch VS Levine confrontation.
I'll bet that if you tune into the Steve Dahl show on Monday at 2PM he'll have that very funny episode all ready to go.:)

RadioheadRocks
10-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Four words: below the Mendoza line.

Three words: below sea level.

I feel like this is Bid-A-Note on "Name That Tune"... anyone can name it in two notes? LOL :D:

SOXSINCE'70
10-01-2005, 08:07 PM
What is the Lynch story?

As legend has it,the Mutts had just been swept by the '84 sCrUBs in a DH
at The Urinal.When Levineline questioned Lynch about a certain pitch to a certain sCrUB (I forget who),he told Levineline (and i'm paraphrasing)
"That's a pretty horse**** question,pal".Later,when the tone of the
interview turned ugly,Levineline had the chutzpah (guts) to tell Lynch
"Without me,you wouldn't have a job". Lynch replied,voice rising,
"WITHOUT YOU I DON'T HAVE A JOB?!?!?!?".A minor scuffle
then ensued,after which Levineline was kicked out of the clubhouse.

This is all based on second hand info,BTW.