PDA

View Full Version : Nancy is ready for the Playoffs

Deuce
10-01-2005, 08:01 AM
SHE HAS THEIR NUMBER

It's unclear which team the Sox will face in the playoffs. But organist Nancy Faust is ready for any of them. A sampling:

LOS ANGELES ANGELS

Bengie Molina: "Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?'' after the 1974 film "Benji.''

NEW YORK YANKEES

Gary Sheffield: "On the Street Where You Live'' after the North Side route.

Hideki Matsui: "Chopsticks'' for the Japanese-born outfielder.

Derek Jeter: "Leaving on a Jet Plane.''

BOSTON RED SOX

Johnny Damon: "Tubular Bells'' from the soundtrack to the 1976 film "The Omen,'' which featured a possessed boy named Damien.

David Ortiz: "The Ballad of Davey Crockett.''

CLEVELAND INDIANS

Ronnie Belliard: "One Less Bell to Answer.''

Victor Martinez: "Indian Reservation'' -- a universal tune for all Cleveland players.

Great Article (http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-soxrally01.html)

May have to do a "Re-sign Nancy" thread after the season... We need her back.

Deuce

Viva Medias B's
10-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Great Article (http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-soxrally01.html)

May have to do a "Re-sign Nancy" thread after the season... We need her back.

Deuce

I'm sure she will be back. If they cut her, they would probably catch more heat for that than if they failed to re-sign Paulie.

TornLabrum
10-01-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm sure she will be back. If they cut her, they would probably catch more heat for that than if they failed to re-sign Paulie.

As a friend of mine said when I talked about the possibility of the Sox not rehiring Nancy, "That would be the worst PR move they could possibly make."

Brooks Boyer has said that she has a job with the Sox as long as she wants it. Still, the way this outfit operates, allowing The Score to dump one of the two or three best play-by-play men in the game, one never knows.

Nancy has said that she thinks the good things said about her at WSI had something to do with the Sox coming up with the idea for Nothing But Nancy Day. So when the time comes, it might be a good idea for the Sox Army to mobilize and remind them how much we want her back.

Palehose13
10-01-2005, 12:39 PM
As a friend of mine said when I talked about the possibility of the Sox not rehiring Nancy, "That would be the worst PR move they could possibly make."

Brooks Boyer has said that she has a job with the Sox as long as she wants it. Still, the way this outfit operates, allowing The Score to dump one of the two or three best play-by-play men in the game, one never knows.

Nancy has said that she thinks the good things said about her at WSI had something to do with the Sox coming up with the idea for Nothing But Nancy Day. So when the time comes, it might be a good idea for the Sox Army to mobilize and remind them how much we want her back.

Absolutely! Who wouldn't want this woman back?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3310

chitownhawkfan
10-01-2005, 01:16 PM
I guess I just dont understand the reason why they wouldn't have her back, is she demanding too much money? I mean gimme a break, do people really want to hear more pumped in rap between innings or watch pizza races on the jumbo tron. I personally wish the only noise at the game was Nancy and Gene.

Ol' No. 2
10-01-2005, 01:21 PM
I guess I just dont understand the reason why they wouldn't have her back, is she demanding too much money? I mean gimme a break, do people really want to hear more pumped in rap between innings or watch pizza races on the jumbo tron. I personally wish the only noise at the game was Nancy and Gene.:gallas Baseball fans hate organ music and don't like Nancy.

tebman
10-01-2005, 02:26 PM
:gallas Baseball fans hate organ music and don't like Nancy.
That wraps it up. Somehow that bonehead Gallas got it in his head that Sox fans were tired of Nancy and were clamoring to hear 5 or 6 bars of vamping rap music instead. Fortunately for all of us, Brooks Boyer came on board and did a remarkable thing: he asked people what they'd like. What a concept!

The answer, of course, was "more Nancy, please," and Brooks saw to it that happened. Someday Nancy will be gone and we'll all deeply miss her and her music. Keep her as long as we can! She's simply the best.

"Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone..." - Joni Mitchell