PDA

View Full Version : Rome is Burning my Ass

Deuce
10-01-2005, 06:22 AM
Ok, after enduring the slings and arrows for weeks about how the Sox were overrated, how they would choke, how the media always knew that the Sox weren't that good, and all the BS emails and calls to the show by naysayers, I decided to listen to his radio show and hear if Rome would mention the clinch. Surprise, surprise, not a single mention in the first hour. He mentioned every unfinished race and every playoff team and their postseason chances except the White Sox. The closest he got to mentioning the Sox was saying that "if Cleveleand gets the job done this series..." Thats it. I was so disgusted, I stopped listening after hour one.

Hey Jim, here's an email for you:

"White Sox. Division champs. Best in the AL. And they did it without 'love.' Did it without 'karma.' They're choking on champaigne, while you're choking on crow. And I'm out."

http://www.knbr.com/jimRome/graphics/jimRomeBurning.jpg

"Book it."

eurotrash35
10-01-2005, 07:33 AM
I wish I could say I'm surprised but Rome is a moron. The guy is just a trainwreck that nobody takes seriously anymore.

chitownhawkfan
10-02-2005, 07:43 PM
My favorite is when he "smacks" about the NFL, hey douchebag, your city doesn't even have a team, get lost you clown.

chaerulez
10-02-2005, 07:46 PM
You'd think after Jim Everet attacked him, he'd learn how to use words more carefully.

Johnny Mostil
10-02-2005, 08:46 PM
I was so disgusted, I stopped listening after hour one.

And the worst part? You're never going to get that hour back . . .

Soxfanspcu11
10-02-2005, 08:53 PM
I saw "rome is burning" the other day on ESPN and AJ was a guest correspondent along with some dude from KC. They followed both of them around all day when the sox were in KC last. You would think that after AJ did something nice for Rome he might be giving the sox more credit and respect right? Actually probably not.

jdm2662
10-02-2005, 11:12 PM
There's a reason why his show was taken off the mid-day slot on AM1000 rather quickly.

Iron Dragon
10-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Deuce.....Rack'im.

RadioheadRocks
10-03-2005, 02:28 AM
And now, for your listening pleasure... the world's smallest violin as Rome burns...

:violin:

ElevenUp
10-03-2005, 05:38 AM
Jim Rome.....extended silence....ugh.

slavko
10-03-2005, 11:34 PM
I am not a listener, but one time, one time, I heard a bit he got into about the reason for Dusty Baker wearing wristbands in the dugout. A caller suggested it was to make game notes on them. Rome then had callers guessing what those notes might say. One clever dude came up with "Don't bite down when toothpick is vertical." So he's not all bad.

MiamiSpartan
10-04-2005, 09:04 AM
The thing that really sucks??? I've had several people come up to me and tell me I look just like him:angry: :angry: .

I'm thinking of plastic surgury.....

robertks61
10-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Send Crazy Carl on his show and let Rome call him Chris. I bet lights out!!!

RichFitztightly
10-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Rome is Burning My Ass

HaHa, I think some ointment might help that.